Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Beloved funnyman Chevy Chase has entered rehab to stop being all weird looking like he is now.

Godspeed Chevy. We all hope for more laughter to come, but not necessarily at your weird looking face.

Edit: Weird Chevy Chase deployed. Thanks PostImage!

AKA Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Maybe one day he will be fun again

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

How similar is Chevy Chase to Pierce Hawthorne in real life?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mr Chase, you haven't got long to live left. So don't be a Gene Wilder and hide away.
Instead hit the coke again like a loving hoover and go out with a massive bang.
Who knows you may come up with another comedy hit, you definitely won't get it vomiting into a bag in a sauna.
Fletch 3 Mr Chase. Make it so.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Yeah, I mean, what's the point of rehab when you're in your 70s? At that point you just say gently caress it and do whatever you want because your rear end is not long for this world anyway.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's weird that they named a town in maryland after him, but i think it's alright as long as they base any statues on his old face instead of his new one.

i dont think anyone wants another "scary lucy"

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I like to think of Chevy as the "original" Adam Sandler if you will: started out on SNL, a funny movie or two made in our impressionable youth, and a career that has so outlasted it's worth that it proves there is no God

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
this thread is worthless without pics

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I like to think of Chevy as the "original" Adam Sandler if you will: started out on SNL, a funny movie or two made in our impressionable youth, and a career that has so outlasted it's worth that it proves there is no God

Except by all accounts Sandler is the nicest guy IRL while Chevy is a huge jerk

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
he's a dick but he was pretty funny when iwas a weed lad

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
he just looks a bit bloated

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So what you're saying is that all the guys on SNL who did tons of drugs were/are cool and chill and the guy who didn't is an rear end in a top hat, got it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Drink Cheerwine posted:

it's weird that they named a town in maryland after him, but i think it's alright as long as they base any statues on his old face instead of his new one.

Its also really weird because Chevy Chase Maryland is really nice and pleasant, unlike actor Chevy Chase.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I act like a dick to everyone IRL like he does in Caddyshack. He should've just acted like that in all of his roles IMO

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Lazerbeam posted:

How similar is Chevy Chase to Pierce Hawthorne in real life?

pierce hawthorne is more tactful than chevy

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

he's not weird looking he looks like a potato, and potatoes are normal.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
He's got RichardDeanAndersonitis.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

chevy chase is an old fat dumb rear end in a top hat

why is this on cnn

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I am genuinely sad to hear that Chevy's life is still a disaster. :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How come he gets the hard 'ch' on Chevy but the car is 'sh'

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

He's got RichardDeanAndersonitis.

he had a legit back injury though iirc

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

happyhippy posted:

Instead hit the coke again like a loving hoover and go out with a massive bang.

Syncopated posted:

this thread is worthless without pics

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Like it!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

gargle chome posted:

he's a dick but he was pretty funny when iwas a weed lad

I love your av because everytime I see it I can hear that line in my head and it's hilarious.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I found this wierd Chevy Chase trivia a few weeks back when GBS had the doggy theme.

"The Karate Dog posted:

Chevy Chase agreed to do the movie, in a drug fueled haze. In fact, most of his voice acting was done while high/under the influence. All of his lines in the movie, are actually the only words the editors could understand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What movie was that? Christmas Vacation?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I bet it was Karate Dog.

And I knew that poo poo off the top of my head.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Quick reminder that Chevy Chase was the best part of Community and the minute he got (rightfully) kicked off the show turned to hot garbage.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i had no idea hes a recovering drug addict

so then how high is he in this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I was told by a student that he was a student at Haverford College and was kicked out/asked to leave/took time off for leading a cow upstairs and also directing traffic off of Lancaster Ave through the campus. Did some fact checking, looks like there's more support for this being true, but also some saying the same thing only at different schools. Still cool though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Quick reminder that Chevy Chase was the best part of Community and the minute he got (rightfully) kicked off the show turned to hot garbage.

That's because Dan Harmon is like an alchemist who was given the power to create great things at the cost of rapid decay. For everything right he does there's some dumb bullshit right alongside it to undercut the appeal.

Start a really good sitcom? Better make the Aspie character the pet favorite, alienate the comedy legend, and devote every single episode to genre gimmicks!

Get an underappreciated animating genius to start a Merlin-and-young-arthur sci-fi cartoon with a Back to the Future/Doctor Who/Futurama skin? Better make sure the character design still looks like napkin sketches and never stop poking at that fourth wall like a scab.

A podcast where you and some friends play D&D? Let's make sure you're an insufferable blowhard

Mariana Horchata posted:

i had no idea hes a recovering drug addict

He rolled in the same circles as Belushi in the late 70s; even if you never touched a micron of illicit substance you still got a 20 year contact high from being within the same city block.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

mind the walrus posted:

Get an underappreciated animating genius to start a Merlin-and-young-arthur sci-fi cartoon with a Back to the Future/Doctor Who/Futurama skin? Better make sure the character design still looks like napkin sketches and never stop poking at that fourth wall like a scab.

smdyfm

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Next season of rick and morty will suck calling it now

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
CNN covering the news stories that matter

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Next season of rick and morty will suck calling it now

what do you have against nice things

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

quote:

The "National Lampoon" star has entered Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center in Minnesota to deal with an alcohol-related issue, Heidi Schaeffer confirmed via email.

So... for alcohol?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
alcohol-related opiate enjoyment

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Looks like he caught the Jerry Lewis

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

now he can finally make another vacation movie to redeem the franchise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

VendaGoat posted:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Like it!
Second best coke scene in a movie.

Best coke scene in a movie goes to the entire 90 minutes of Jekyll and Hyde... Together Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AiYS-rDGyc

Goddamn, I love that movie.

• Locked thread