Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I feel like this post should be pinned somewhere for people who ask for carfaxes.

This auction listing has a carfax in it you can click that shows no accidents whatshoever. it's a low mileage truck, and sold at auction $3,000 less than it would have been new 2 years ago. As a base XL, it should have a completely black plastic grille and bumper pad. There's no ford option package to get a painted grille surround and chrome bumper on an XL. The tailgate has a wood box liner when the box doesn't. There is a hole drilled in the dash beside the headlight switch.
https://www.rbauction.com/2014-FORD-F150-XL?invId=9425563&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016307

Here is the clean carfax:
https://www.rbauction.com/digital_media/2016/2016307/attachment/ea/ea43d57a-a86a-46ae-a9f3-9d0a699d34b0.pdf

Here is the truck in april with the front and back ends smashed in:
https://www.rbauction.com/2014-FORD-F150-XL-Pickup?invId=9165004&id=ar&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lou Reed's Berlin has always been my argument for the album format. Every song is a horrible depressing mess on its own but as an album it's a brilliant experience.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I always enjoy having a book of CDs in my car. I'll leave an CD in the player for 2-3 weeks at a time.

Trading mix CDs with friends is a great, too.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

scuz posted:

Our band agonized over the song order on our album and we're pretty sure nobody's gonna listen to it in that order anyway.

I would, I love albums when they have a good flow. I recently bought an album and it was obvious that they threw some bonus tracks on the end and I re-ordered them and deleted a couple bad ones and now the album is awesome start to finish.

I make mixes and I agonize over the proper order all the time too.

That said, I have my car systems dialed in and they sound amazing with mp3s, nothing like an 80 gig hdd in the car and a rubbermaid tub of CDs in the crawl space.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

LloydDobler posted:

I would, I love albums when they have a good flow. I recently bought an album and it was obvious that they threw some bonus tracks on the end and I re-ordered them and deleted a couple bad ones and now the album is awesome start to finish.

I make mixes and I agonize over the proper order all the time too.

That said, I have my car systems dialed in and they sound amazing with mp3s, nothing like an 80 gig hdd in the car and a rubbermaid tub of CDs in the crawl space.
Here it is, if'n you're interested. We went back and forth for two days just deciding which songs were going to end side A and begin side B :corsair: (scroll down a bit, you'll see the full album further down the page)

Powershift posted:

I feel like this post should be pinned somewhere for people who ask for carfaxes.

This auction listing has a carfax in it you can click that shows no accidents whatshoever. it's a low mileage truck, and sold at auction $3,000 less than it would have been new 2 years ago. As a base XL, it should have a completely black plastic grille and bumper pad. There's no ford option package to get a painted grille surround and chrome bumper on an XL. The tailgate has a wood box liner when the box doesn't. There is a hole drilled in the dash beside the headlight switch.
https://www.rbauction.com/2014-FORD-F150-XL?invId=9425563&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016307

https://www.rbauction.com/digital_media/2016/2016307/attachment/ea/ea43d57a-a86a-46ae-a9f3-9d0a699d34b0.pdf

https://www.rbauction.com/2014-FORD-F150-XL-Pickup?invId=9165004&id=ar&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305
We were looking around for a new Prius when my girlfriend's got rear-ended and totaled by a loving dump truck. We had a similar experience with one that was the color of Kraft's macaroni and cheese. Looked great, punched the VIN into google, found an auction site with the exact same Prius, only it was missing a front end because it was involved in a high-speed collision :jiggled:

scuz fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 8, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone here read Premier Guitar magazine? I just won a friggen $1700 Taylor 12 string acoustic guitar from a contest my mom entered me in. From the affidavit I signed it looks like I might have to take a picture with the gear to appear in the magazine.

This is what I got: https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/ga3-12

Plus an extra set of elixir strings!

Plus Im getting new tires thrown on my suv as we speak. Today is a good day.

edit:

quote:

The only other thing that would be great is if you could send a photo of you with the guitar when it arrives and send it back to me. I'd love to put that pic in the magazine and share it on our social media platforms.
Oh god. :aaa:

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 8, 2016

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yer famous! :buddy:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Cage posted:

Anyone here read Premier Guitar magazine? I just won a friggen $1700 Taylor 12 string acoustic guitar from a contest my mom entered me in. From the affidavit I signed it looks like I might have to take a picture with the gear to appear in the magazine.

This is what I got: https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/ga3-12

Plus an extra set of elixir strings!

This is pretty awesome. That is a very nice guitar.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:siren: :siren: MEATPIMP TRIGGER WARNING :siren: :siren:

I should probably hit the gym tonight.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powershift posted:

Carfax is a blacklist, not a whitelist. Tells you what cars to avoid, but not the ones to buy.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I still listen to the odd CD in my work truck, but the built in USB port and ability to listen to podcast MP3s easily takes 95% of my listening time.

Also, presently on the Big Island of Hawai'i and stuck with a Chrysler 200 as a rental.

It is as awful as I expected. The cruise is absolutely abysmal and literally dangerous (actually accelerates/adds power when it gears down for engine braking when going faster than the cruise is set), the circular transmission selector sucks, hell the controls in general suck, the interior quality is woeful, the windshield wipers are terrible, and the engine (which I can only assume is bottom of the line due to its awful power) is borderline dangerously under powered and incredibly buzzy.

If I sprung for the full insurance ($30 day! - rental itself is $230 for 8 days) I would drive it off a cliff into the ocean to spare the world of its existence.

Why/who on earth would actually buy one as a personal vehicle?

e: BRAKING

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 8, 2016

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 234 days!)

slidebite posted:

Because it's not a loving CVT Versa? That's all I can think of.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hey! I like seal. I've fond formative memories of it being in rotation with dire straits in my dad's car when I was younger and only got to see him for a week or so every 3-6 months. Brothers in arms wasn't the first CD I bought but it's the one I've replaced immediately every time it got stolen or unplayably scratched.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

slidebite posted:

I still listen to the odd CD in my work truck, but the built in USB port and ability to listen to podcast MP3s easily takes 95% of my listening time.

Also, presently on the Big Island of Hawai'i and stuck with a Chrysler 200 as a rental.

It is as awful as I expected. The cruise is absolutely abysmal and literally dangerous (actually accelerates/adds power when it gears down for engine breaking when going faster than the cruise is set), the circular transmission selector sucks, hell the controls in general suck, the interior quality is woeful, the windshield wipers are terrible, and the engine (which I can only assume is bottom of the line due to its awful power) is borderline dangerously under powered and incredibly buzzy.

If I sprung for the full insurance ($30 day! - rental itself is $230 for 8 days) I would drive it off a cliff into the ocean to spare the world of its existence.

What year? Someone was trying to rake me over the coals for talking mad poo poo about the previous gen 200 when I had it for a rental for a week. Their argument boiled down to "b-b-b-but what about the 9 speed transmission that Chrysler didn't buy the software for!?"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

I should probably hit the gym tonight.

You're awfully touchy... I guess that's why you have to go out of the country to pay women to let them put your dick inside them.

nm posted:

Carfax is a blacklist, not a whitelist. Tells you what cars to avoid, but not the ones to buy.

Yep. Carfax is a tool. It can be valuable, but it's just one factor in a car evaluation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It's got 12K on it so I assume it's a 2016. Budget must get them for free or something because they are everywhere.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

You're awfully touchy... I guess that's why you have to go out of the country to pay women to let them put your dick inside them.

Gatdang, son...let it go

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Phone posted:

Ughhh got nixxed by the team mates because it looks complicated and uses too many colors. :(

I don't want to do it with just purple and green, so I think I'm gonna be doing a TOM'S Petronas rip off instead. I tried to think about how to make a Mr Saturn one work, but I don't want to paint a car a peachy/flesh color.

Also, since you have some sort of expertise, what should I put on the banner? I like OKですか?since it's an Earthbound/Mother2 reference. しょうがない。is a strong second, but might be lost on a few people.

I can't really think of anything that wouldn't require an equal amount of explaining except perhaps the old Japanese construction safety motto 安全第一 (safety first) or if you want to be silly 安全第二 (Safety second...)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tide posted:

Gatdang, son...let it go

He wants to call me with sirens and caps and all... well, it wouldn't be like me to not respond. :D

I'm looking for a recessed TV mount for a 70" screen. It's between studs, so that's good. I have no idea what is good in recessed wall mounts, though. Anyone have any experience? EDIT: Nevermind. Spacing between studs is non-standard 10"... that's gonna gently caress the whole install, I think.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 8, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Powershift posted:

This white truck has a 100% clean carfax, and I was involved in an at-fault collision while driving it that resulted in a claim* in February of 2011.

* claim against my insurance. I never filed a claim since I could fix the damage to my POS for a few cases of beer worth of body panels from friends and knew it'd be totaled instantly if an adjuster saw it, and that I'd probably get $100 and even higher rates than I was going to anyways as a result of the accident.

I view autocheck/carfax as a silly thing I might do if I can find a way to get one free before looking at a vehicle in person... that's about it. A friend's old e28 turned out to have horrifically bad cut-n-shut front bodywork repair (cut and booger welded uniframe rails, inner fenders, the whole nine yards) even though its autocheck was 100% clean. We only found the bad unibody repairs when parting it out.

kastein fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 8, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Things I've learned in September:

1) Leica is OLLLLLD

And not fat :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

88h88 posted:

Someone suggested to audiophools that the first edition Playstation with the RCA outs on the back were fantastic CD players. They're not. But they still bought them and tried to suggest they are.

Still have one of these (still works too), I should try to sell it to one of those people sometime.

slidebite posted:

It's got 12K on it so I assume it's a 2016. Budget must get them for free or something because they are everywhere.

I had a 2015 200S as a loaner when my car was in the shop last year.

It was just as terrible, but somehow they'd managed to rack up 40k on it already. Going by the knock knock jokes, I'm guessing it'd never seen an oil change in that time.

kastein posted:

This white truck has a 100% clean carfax, and I was involved in an at-fault collision while driving it that resulted in a claim* in February of 2011.

My Saturn has been in 2 accidents since I've owned it.

The first never showed up on any vehicle history report, and both the body shop and claims adjuster said they don't report to any vehicle history reporting company (Geico & Caliber Collision). I don't know how the second one will work out since it still hasn't gone to the shop (it's going next week, finally, but it's going on my own insurance this time).

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Your name is meatpimp cmon.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I still buy CD's and frequently listen to whole albums in the order they were intended. I tend to only buy CD's from bands when i see them at gigs.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Just found out the other day it also has Release Radar, which is the same thing but for new music only, and updates on Fridays.

I always listen to my spotify discover weekly playlist. I had never found 'release radar; until now. Thanks for making me aware of its existence! There is loads of good stuff that I wasn't aware of on mine for this week (spotify - you suck at releasing new features)

Cakefool posted:

Hey! I like seal. I've fond formative memories of it being in rotation with dire straits in my dad's car when I was younger and only got to see him for a week or so every 3-6 months. Brothers in arms wasn't the first CD I bought but it's the one I've replaced immediately every time it got stolen or unplayably scratched.

If you ever want to experience any live music locally let me know! there are a lot of really good local bands in stoke on Trent. Tomorrow I am going to the Sugarmill in Hanley where I shall drink beer and listen to some awesome loud music :).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

Your name is meatpimp cmon.

Exactly. I can provide high quality meat. You, however, seem to only be able to interpret "pimp" using the "prostitute exploitation" definition, with which you are most experienced.

Now please, stop sullying my name by dropping out of your filthy mouth.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

meatpimp posted:

Exactly. I can provide high quality meat. You, however, seem to only be able to interpret "pimp" using the "prostitute exploitation" definition, with which you are most experienced.

Dude, don't judge how I use your pork butts.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

nm posted:

Dude, don't judge how I use your pork butts.

You've got to admit -- it's damned high quality. Hopefully you used some soy sauce and onions.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
One year in HS my car's booming system was out of commission for basically the whole summer break thanks to a warranty-fix on my head unit's tape drive (Sony took 16 weeks or some nonsense to ship/repair/ship back, and then it broke exactly the same way 10 minutes after I got it back) so I had a C-battery powered ghetto blaster strapped in the passenger seat, and Public Enemy's Apocalpyse '91 on a cassette playing nonstop for 3 months. No auto-reverse. Manual flip 4 lyfe.

By the time I get to Arizona!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

He wants to call me with sirens and caps and all... well, it wouldn't be like me to not respond. :D

I'm looking for a recessed TV mount for a 70" screen. It's between studs, so that's good. I have no idea what is good in recessed wall mounts, though. Anyone have any experience? EDIT: Nevermind. Spacing between studs is non-standard 10"... that's gonna gently caress the whole install, I think.

Call a custom AV shop, it's still doable.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Meatpimp best poster 2016. :love:

Cage fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 9, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

The third link requires an account or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

The third link requires an account or something.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ether Frenzy posted:

One year in HS my car's booming system was out of commission for basically the whole summer break thanks to a warranty-fix on my head unit's tape drive (Sony took 16 weeks or some nonsense to ship/repair/ship back, and then it broke exactly the same way 10 minutes after I got it back) so I had a C-battery powered ghetto blaster strapped in the passenger seat, and Public Enemy's Apocalpyse '91 on a cassette playing nonstop for 3 months. No auto-reverse. Manual flip 4 lyfe.

By the time I get to Arizona!

My project Civic still doesn't have a stereo, so I've jammed a SoundBot bluetooth speaker into the DIN hole. It fits pretty snug so it's perfect!

The only problem is that I have to charge it, but I'm pretty sure I have some adjustable VDC regulators around here somewhere...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Now I'm curious how it got hosed up that badly in the front and back at the same time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Now I'm curious how it got hosed up that badly in the front and back at the same time.

both front and rear hits missed the bumpers, it must have been squished between 2 brotrucks.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

both front and rear hits missed the bumpers, it must have been squished between 2 brotrucks.

Both damaged and repaired pics seem to be taken by the same lot and have the same watermark. Carfax relies on reporting from damage repair facilities... any way you look at it, this is a sketchy sale/company, because they KNEW about damage and didn't disclose, regardless of Carfax reporting, which they didn't do.

This example is more an indictment of shady dealers than carfax. I'd be curious to see the Autocheck report for it (I don't know if they do Cananadian cars, though). I've seen information show up on Autocheck that's not on Carfax and vice versa. Every car has a different history... it's your job as a buyer to explore until you're comfortable and the VIN check services certainly have their place.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 9, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

scuz posted:

Here it is, if'n you're interested. We went back and forth for two days just deciding which songs were going to end side A and begin side B :corsair: (scroll down a bit, you'll see the full album further down the page)

Ordering your vinyl :v: And possibly a shirt.

Edit: aw all you have is a baseball shirt :(

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

Ordering your vinyl :v: And possibly a shirt.

Edit: aw all you have is a baseball shirt :(
Awwwwww, thanks dude! :3: As for the shirt designs, we have plenty more. I can PM you the designs when I'm back at my computer.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

scuz posted:

Awwwwww, thanks dude! :3: As for the shirt designs, we have plenty more. I can PM you the designs when I'm back at my computer.

I don't have PMS, but if you could email them to choppeds10 at the gmailzzzz I'd be much appreciative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

kastein posted:

* claim against my insurance. I never filed a claim since I could fix the damage to my POS for a few cases of beer worth of body panels from friends and knew it'd be totaled instantly if an adjuster saw it, and that I'd probably get $100 and even higher rates than I was going to anyways as a result of the accident.

I view autocheck/carfax as a silly thing I might do if I can find a way to get one free before looking at a vehicle in person... that's about it. A friend's old e28 turned out to have horrifically bad cut-n-shut front bodywork repair (cut and booger welded uniframe rails, inner fenders, the whole nine yards) even though its autocheck was 100% clean. We only found the bad unibody repairs when parting it out.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

• Locked thread