Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

Crap I think that's what wheels are on the Courier except white.
:raise:

What color are the ones I linked?

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I keep saying 35mm equiv because the only things I know are what was pounded into my head by photography classes, which was basically rote memorization of "35mm tips and tricks 101." poo poo like "if you don't know or care, go buy a 35-52mm lens and have fun." Also how to develop photos and (for the cool kids) how to not get caught having sex in the darkroom.

The olympus lens up there is a quick "wide" angle prime with AF. The other is all manual, but that's part of the fun, I guess.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Geirskogul posted:

DO WE HAVE ANY PHOTOGRAPHY GOONS I AM NOT GOOD WITH CAMERA

I bought this camera from a goon. Combined with this lens, total was $140. It's a 45-200 (real talk: 90-400 because 2x crop factor, if I"m understanding this correctly) lens.

I needed a standard lens or two for it, so I got smashed and bought THESE lenses.

Now, what I know so far:

The olympus is a standard, bottom-of-the-good-barrel lens, with a bit of barrel distortion that most four-thirds cameras take care of in internal software anyway. It's wider angle, but an okay "street" lens, and the "17mm" is equivalent to a 35mm, well, 35mm lens, which is what I learned what little photography I know on. So, it's okay, but has no internal image stabilization because olympus puts that in their camera bodies.

The TOKINA lens is special. The seller posts the following about it (warning: verbose)

What I get, other than manual focus (I'm okay with this) is that this is the closest to a 55mm "prime" (in 35mm terms?) lens as I can get for under $100 (it was about $80).

How bad did I gently caress up? If I did, I'll just turn around and flip the things, because lens prices are cray cray, holy poo poo like 2x the value of the camera.

All I want to do is take better pictures of projects, and will probably use auto (panasonic: "iA") mode 99% of the time. I putzed around in photography classes, and actually made eyeglasses (along with doing refractive exams) for six years, so basic, basic concepts like f-stop and aperture and poo poo aren't totally lost on me, but I'm totally not a photographer.

I'm very into photography and I think you hosed up when you bought the camera. Should bought a Nikon :colbert: Sorry bro.
I say you try it, and if you like it, then keep it. If not then sell it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Sure is quiet in here.

*checks Leper's Colony*

Oh.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

Sure is quiet in here.

*checks Leper's Colony*

Oh.

Hey, I'm not in there.....for once.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Pham Nuwen posted:

Knowing the equivalent of a 35mm nifty-fifty is useful because that's a drat useful lens to have.

Also I don't just have a crop body :smuggo:

Medium-format film cameras like the Yashica are a pretty good photographic bang for your buck... $100 for a camera with a "sensor size" of 6x6cm

Do you develop your own film? I need a good source for chemicals when I finish my garage.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Do you develop your own film? I need a good source for chemicals when I finish my garage.

I develop my own black and white film. I get all my equipment from Freestyle Photographic Supplies, partly because I started when I was in California and they ship out of Los Angeles so it was fast, and partly because they have good prices, and partly because I love their Arista EDU film (it's just rebranded Foma, they used to sell rebranded Tri-X as Arista Premium but that's discontinued).

I bought all my starter gear from them except for a set of graduated cylinders which I got from Amazon. I've since assembled more stuff piecemeal from Ebay and craigslist, including an 8-roll stainless steel dev tank (it holds 1.5 liters IIRC), some large paper developing trays, and an Omega D2 enlarger.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Pham Nuwen posted:

I develop my own black and white film. I get all my equipment from Freestyle Photographic Supplies, partly because I started when I was in California and they ship out of Los Angeles so it was fast, and partly because they have good prices, and partly because I love their Arista EDU film (it's just rebranded Foma, they used to sell rebranded Tri-X as Arista Premium but that's discontinued).

I bought all my starter gear from them except for a set of graduated cylinders which I got from Amazon. I've since assembled more stuff piecemeal from Ebay and craigslist, including an 8-roll stainless steel dev tank (it holds 1.5 liters IIRC), some large paper developing trays, and an Omega D2 enlarger.

That's a decent setup. I also used to get stuff from Freestyle. they stopped sending me catalogs though :(
I do love me some Tri-x though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cage posted:

:raise:

What color are the ones I linked?
I had originally quoted the black wheels Scuz posted. I swear I'm not losing my mind

Son of a... brother got a red light ticket in my truck. No good deed goes unpunished :argh:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I want to get back to working on cars, work is just killing me these past few weeks/months. :(

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

This white truck has a 100% clean carfax, and I was involved in an at-fault collision while driving it that resulted in a claim* in February of 2011.

I view autocheck/carfax as a silly thing I might do if I can find a way to get one free before looking at a vehicle in person... that's about it. A friend's old e28 turned out to have horrifically bad cut-n-shut front bodywork repair (cut and booger welded uniframe rails, inner fenders, the whole nine yards) even though its autocheck was 100% clean. We only found the bad unibody repairs when parting it out.

That's a really interesting stance you've got going there.

Long before Carfax, but a roommate had a nifty Nissan 200 SX SEV6 that always had some weird panel alignment issues. I finally figured it out one day while we were under the car for something. Rear springs, I think. It was actually two cars that had been welded together behind the front seats. Worse, the just overlapped the floor pans by like 6 inches rather than butt or flange them and weld. And they only welded the bottom seam. Pity, that model was a neat car - a 200SX, but with a VG30. Looked good too.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Has IOC our fearless leader ordered these in every size for his family yet? https://www.blipshift.com/products/cloud-69

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Darchangel posted:

That's a really interesting stance you've got going there.

Long before Carfax, but a roommate had a nifty Nissan 200 SX SEV6 that always had some weird panel alignment issues. I finally figured it out one day while we were under the car for something. Rear springs, I think. It was actually two cars that had been welded together behind the front seats. Worse, the just overlapped the floor pans by like 6 inches rather than butt or flange them and weld. And they only welded the bottom seam. Pity, that model was a neat car - a 200SX, but with a VG30. Looked good too.

The front suspension is actually drat near fully compressed. Pickup truck with nothing in the bed + 800lb cast iron motor dangling 6ft from the front bumper = really weird COG :v:

That kind of a ghetto cut-n-shut always scares the hell out of me. Who knows how good a welder the guy was, or whether the replaced half of the car was from a stolen donor, for that matter.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

88h88 posted:

drat, these only come in 15"? I need 16"s.

I'm going to put a set on a Japanese car because I grew up watching US shows with V8s and wheels like this... Badass as gently caress.

I love how easy that is because older Jeeps are 5x4.5/114.5mm, which happens to be what a lot of imports are as well. And, for that matter, a lot of Ford cars.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

The front suspension is actually drat near fully compressed. Pickup truck with nothing in the bed + 800lb cast iron motor dangling 6ft from the front bumper = really weird COG :v:

That kind of a ghetto cut-n-shut always scares the hell out of me. Who knows how good a welder the guy was, or whether the replaced half of the car was from a stolen donor, for that matter.

He was not a good welder, judging by what I saw, and that was coming from 20-year-old me. I took metal shop - I know what a good weld looks like, even if I couldn't necessarily make one, and that weren't one. He sold it and got an NA Miata shortly after.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Has IOC our fearless leader ordered these in every size for his family yet? https://www.blipshift.com/products/cloud-69

Well, IOC's truck is a '71 Jimmy, right? Kind of different :v:

E: It's a '70. My bad. Still, different front end than that chebby.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

I love how they're 'truck/4x4' wheels. Also I'm sad at how cheap they are in the US. They're double that in £ if I want some. :(
They are as long as you want them in Land Rover fitment. £35 including VAT. I even saw silver ones in "generic 4x4 six stud" (ie Toyota and the like) for twenty!

Weller (now there's a name from the past for any :britain::corsair: goons) still sell stuff, but they're not the cheap option they used to be.

gently caress white 8 spoke steelies though, they look horrible on almost anything.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

InitialDave posted:

gently caress white 8 spoke steelies though, they look horrible on almost anything.

You know you want the Hustler.

Also bloody typical, possibly the most important and interesting interview I may ever have today and I have woken up 5 hours too early and cannot sleep.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's like somebody described a mini over the phone, while looking at a short bus and confusing bits.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Nah, I mean the generic star pattern what's the cheapest wheel and tyre package for my CJ5 aftermarket tat.

They just look so :effort:.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

88h88 posted:

I love how they're 'truck/4x4' wheels. Also I'm sad at how cheap they are in the US. They're double that in £ if I want some. :(

Those white 8 spokes are the cheapest wheels you can get for a landrover!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

RillAkBea posted:

You know you want the Hustler.

Also bloody typical, possibly the most important and interesting interview I may ever have today and I have woken up 5 hours too early and cannot sleep.

Want.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was told that now is my chance to shine :sun:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I was told that now is my chance to shine :sun:

YOU GOT THIS.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress seating tires.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

88h88 posted:

I'm going to put a set on a Japanese car

The Lexus was about to get D-holes (:pervert:) when the current wheels fell in my lap.

Still kinda want to, maybe if I get tired of these ones.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Really enjoy my MKZ coming from the Fusion. This will tide me over for 2 years or so.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 237 days!)

go3 posted:

Really enjoy my MKZ coming from the Fusion. This will tide me over for 2 years or so.

Now- Imagine how awesome it would be with a BIG turbo.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

go3 posted:

Wait... you upgraded from a fusion to a fusion with a nice suit? :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

YOU GOT THIS.

*AHEM*

Android,,,,

Is dogshit garbage for idiots :henget:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

literally a fish posted:

Wait... you upgraded from a fusion to a fusion with a nice suit? :v:

and more motor!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Tusen Takk posted:

*AHEM*

Android,,,,

Is dogshit garbage for idiots :henget:

Get back to fondling steve's old preserved balls while I enjoy some premium tunes though my 3.5mm headphones.

Is this how you do this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wheeler Walker Jr is the voice of a generation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

Get back to fondling steve's old preserved balls while I enjoy some premium tunes though my 3.5mm headphones.

Is this how you do this

Sort of

The problem lies in your counter argument since who cares about listening to old people music through old people headphones it's 2016 ffs

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Tusen Takk posted:

Sort of

The problem lies in your counter argument since who cares about listening to old people music through old people headphones it's 2016 ffs

I though iphones were for old people who couldn't deal with all the extra functions of android?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just looked around and your theory does check out, 100% of the old people I know do use iphones because they can't break anything with their blind and arthritic fumbling because the OS is locked down like a library computer, for toddlers and olds

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm getting up every 2 hours to help my wife feed our son because her milk hasn't come on yet. It takes me 2 hours to fall asleep. I haven't slept in a week. Wish I had a Ferrari so I could die in a fire. When I see a Mustang coming down our street I throw myself in front of it but they always miss and end up in the azaleas.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah it's rough for the first few months, do you normally have insomnia?

Formula sucks too, it's expensive and smells bad.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

I though iphones were for old people who couldn't deal with all the extra functions of android?

Ah yes my favourite android feature that isn't also on iPhone is the ability to download apps without paying for them!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That's real innovation on googles part right there

• Locked thread