Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Kevin_Gemmell/status/772963662654943232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

VT had the sloppiest game I've ever seen. Good lord. Hopefully they can straighten up their everything before the conference games. Or at least holding on to the ball.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/dancorey5/status/774804360744185856

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Kalen Ballage, running back for Arizona State, has eight touchdowns - seven rushing and one receiving.

I propose that we refer to this as The Double Bundy. The defense was atrocious on both sides, but watching Ballage repeatedly plow into the endzone and seeing Manny Wilkins pull off another rad hurdle during a crazy scramble made it a fun night in Sun Devil Stadium.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

DJ Pumphrey for loving heisman

289 yds should get him some ESPN time this week

Punter still very bad

500 yds given up in the air is obviously not good. Kazee got burned twice, once for a TD Cal desperately needed. Almost threw out my shoulder fist pumping after his INT though.

Chapman doesn't seem as good as Smith was last year but he's not sinking the team.

Handle NIU and then beat the poo poo out of South Alabama please,

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

Don't Sleep On The Deacs

:getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Knightmere posted:

289 yds should get him some ESPN time this week

Punter still very bad

500 yds given up in the air is obviously not good. Kazee got burned twice, once for a TD Cal desperately needed. Almost threw out my shoulder fist pumping after his INT though.

Chapman doesn't seem as good as Smith was last year but he's not sinking the team.

Handle NIU and then beat the poo poo out of South Alabama please,

Luckily we don't play an offense or a QB as good as Cal and Webb again.

And holy poo poo fix the loving penalty situation. 14 penalties tonight and it is completely unacceptable

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lost in the shuffle of today, Kent State lost to North Carolina A&T in 4OT 39-36

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Maxwells Demon posted:

Arizona sneaks past Grambling State.

I was at this game, and as an Arizona fan, all I can say is... this is probably not our year.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CMU was an inside job 🇺🇸🇺🇸✈️😢

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
O-line still hot garbage, thank god for Virginia Tech's butterfingers, vols bitch

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou put up 60+ points against an FBS opponent for the first time since 2008, Drew Lock who last week set a personal best for passing yards with 280 went for 450 and 5 TDs (the TDs tied a school record). Sure Eastern Michigan is very bad but actually handling a bad opponent like this is an improvement for this team.

Georgia's probably going to be pissed off next week after squeaking by Nicholls State, but I'm a lot more hopeful that Mizzou will at least make some sort of game of it now. Although I expect Chubb to have a huge day no matter what.
Chubb is running for over 200 next week and hopefully they don't kill Drew Lock.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State already has as many pick 6's this year as they did all of last year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that northwestern is at it again

I'm pumped to see what an Illinois team that gives up 48 does against a northwestern team that can't score

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Florida is good this year. Thanks that's my hot take.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

Ohio State already has as many pick 6's this year as they did all of last year.

Malik Hooker is really good. I was not expecting the D to be as good as they have been. Next week is gonna be interesting.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M demolished their cupcake. Trevor Knight had good and bad moments - he made the right choice with bad throws a bunch of times, and also had one really dumb pick.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Luke Del Rio had the most passing yards by a Gator in an SEC game since 2004.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

lost in the shuffle of today, Kent State lost to North Carolina A&T in 4OT 39-36

Hell yes

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou was dropping bombs all day and it was very fun to watch. They scored more points in this game than they did the last, I think, 6 games last year.

Unfortunately, the defense got gashed on the ground again. Nick Chubb bout to run for 300 next week.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

FebrezeNinja posted:

VT had the sloppiest game I've ever seen. Good lord. Hopefully they can straighten up their everything before the conference games. Or at least holding on to the ball.

Probably the worst offender I can remember is the 2005 conference title game against FSU, that was overflowing with idiotic penalties.

VT may have lost the game but I was still overall pretty encouraged by what I saw. Tennessee had trouble scoring points except off of short fields from inopportune turnovers, and VT's offense was fairly effective with Wyatt Teller in the game, less consistent without him (but also not completely impotent). I think last night was part of the growing pains you see when people are in a new system of some kind (whether it's a new coaching staff, or you're at a new job, or whatnot). When things run smoothly (like in the 1st quarter) it's easy to buy what anyone's selling, but when something starts to go wrong, you don't know how leadership is going to react, how you're going to dig out and fix the situation, and all that uncertainty ends up making things worse than they were to begin with.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

I'm pumped to see what an Illinois team that gives up 48 does against a northwestern team that can't score

this is a legit 0-12 northwestern team, enjoy the hat

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

TBeats posted:

Florida is good this year. Thanks that's my hot take.

UK is real bad this year.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Auburn didn't totally screw up the management of their offense this week, so that's cool. I'm still left with this resounding feeling that if they had just run a semi-competent game plan against Clemson they'd be 2-0 right now. The defense is... good, and that's the first time I've said and believed that in a long, long time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Shappa posted:

Auburn didn't totally screw up the management of their offense this week, so that's cool. I'm still left with this resounding feeling that if they had just run a semi-competent game plan against Clemson they'd be 2-0 right now. The defense is... good, and that's the first time I've said and believed that in a long, long time.
Yeah 700 yards is more than what I expect a decent offense to do to a Sun Belt team, so I felt good about that. Share the regrets though.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Scionix posted:

shane buchele owns, jalen hurts owns, alabama defense could probably beat most of the top 25 by itself. see you next week ole miss we're giong to tear ur offensive line a new rear end in a top hat

You have got to be the worst fan of anything of all time.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas handled a cupcake about as well as you would like while resting a bunch of key starters and and getting lots of playing time for our backups. Shane Buechele continues to look really good for a true freshman.

Cal seems like they kinda suck but I am legit concerned about that game next week. Texas has generally not fared well in away games the last couple years, and that's gonna be a long road trip for a West Coast night game where BODY CLOCKS could actually be a factor.

Of course I will be worried about every game this season even if we're 10-0 playing Kansas, so...

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 11, 2016

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Woke up this morning and Arkansas still won. What a world to live in.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan kind of played like poo poo and they spent most of the first half trying to run into 8 or 9 man fronts, but then they won 51-14 so I guess it worked out

I get not wanting to show anything but basic plays vs UCF and Hawaii, but I hope they break out a little more vs Colorado, not only because Colorado actually looks decent, but I think there is probably more value to practicing most things in game situations than "hiding them for the real games"

Also they blocked two field goals, blocked two punts, and recovered a pooch kickoff, so that was pretty fun

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Some Ohio State Thoughts:

- Our secondary has better ball skills than it pretty much ever has and straight up ruined Tulsa's passing offense. Tulsa's receivers are apparently good for the American, so I'm feeling extremely comfortable playing against a team with no Sterling Shepard next week. Conley and Lattimore is the best combination of corners we've had in years, and Hooker's on track to be an All-American at this point. Short of someone like Mark Andrews going beast mode on some shorter corners, OU's receivers are in for a long one.

- The pass rush, despite not putting up crazy sack numbers, was very disruptive and forced a lot of early throws or pushed Evans into some absurdly bad decisions. With someone like Mayfield, who holds the ball trying to scramble and wait for things instead of just throwing it away, they could cause a lot trouble next week. Especially when you consider how bad the OU line looked against Houston's true freshman DT.

- The offense looked like sleepwalkers. OU's secondary is not good, but our receivers didn't separate. Barrett seemed like he was affected by the weather but still seemed a bit off. Our running game looked good by the end though.

- Joe Burger remains my favorite walk-on linebacker name in a while.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
fire james franklin

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is a legit 0-12 northwestern team, enjoy the hat

i haven't seen either of your games except for the ridiculous rear end ending last week. what the hell happened, what did yall lose to go from 10 wins to this

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

TheGreyGhost posted:

- The offense looked like sleepwalkers. OU's secondary is not good, but our receivers didn't separate. Barrett seemed like he was affected by the weather but still seemed a bit off. Our running game looked good by the end though.

Barrett seems unwilling or unable to attempt more than 2-3 passes per game that are longer than ten yards. Not just yesterday, every game.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Barrett seems unwilling or unable to attempt more than 2-3 passes per game that are longer than ten yards. Not just yesterday, every game.

Did you watch last week's game?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
In case anyone was wondering, you should not be fooled by Nebraska's 52-17 win over Wyoming this week. Wyoming kept the game extremely close through three quarters, then just fell apart in the fourth. Nebraska, much like the last two years, looks poo poo out of luck when teams commit to stopping the run. Nebraska's offense won't be able to depend on huge wacky gains against better defenses. Nebraska's defense is still unable to put real pressure on the QB without blitzing, and their secondary breaks down if the QB has a couple seconds in the pocket.

So I'm going to savor the feeling of being 2-0 before the rocky part of the Husker season starts, and Nebraska inevitably ends up getting 6 or 7 wins.

Huskers bitch

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

fire james franklin

Positive: team gave their best efforts to come back and almost did!

Negative: never should have had to try to get back into a game like that in the first place.

Ice looking pretty thin.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sash! posted:

Positive: team gave their best efforts to come back and almost did!

Negative: never should have had to try to get back into a game like that in the first place.

Ice looking pretty thin.

Pro: offense was clicking when not fumbling

Cons: fumbles are bad. So are stopping jet sweeps, I guess

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
maybe we'll lose to temple next week and he can get fired on the spot. i think i could handle another loss to temple if that happened

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

korrandark posted:

Did you watch last week's game?

Yeah. He only had five completions of more than 15 yards. And last week's game was like the absolute pinnacle of his career in terms of throwing vertically.

9 yards to Brown
7 yards to Samuel
47 yards to Hill
10 yards to Dixon
9 yards to Baugh
25 yards to Wilson
*79 yards to Samuel (pass itself was 10 yards)
6 yards to Samuel
25 yards to Brown
2 yards to Samuel
12 yards to Brown (pass itself was 7 yards)
6 yards to Baugh
6 yards to Baugh
1 yard to Wilson
37 yards to Samuel
21 yards to Samuel
5 yards to Samuel
11 yards to Samuel
9 yards to Baugh
11 yards to Hill
11 yards to Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Who would Penn State go after if Franklin is canned?

• Locked thread