Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pmchem posted:

I just sent out several offers trying to move Chris Ivory and James White. Amazingly, I have too many useful RBs. I'm looking to downsize them and trade 2 for 1. I could also do a 3-for-2 where the additional players are non-RBs that retain my roster balance, if that would work better. It's hard to balance these offers and some were closer than others, but I was just trying to send out mass offers.

NFL.com only lets you have 5 active offers at a time so I had to cancel some, in order to send others. Please consider the email offer still of interest until I move those guys. If you liked it, just send me the offer. Thanks!

edit: I may also consider a 2-for-1 involving ((Ivory or White) and Markus Wheaton), for your RB.

in case anyone didn't notice pmchem desperately needs to do a 2 for 1 trade because otherwise he has to drop one anyway to pick up a kicker

so what i'm saying is you can basically insist that he throw in the other one for basically free instead of paying for it because pmchem will be dropping the other one anyway :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Whoever I may drop -- who was not in the initial wave of trade offers -- nobody would be guaranteed to get anyway because the player would go through waivers. You know this, so you know your argument is nonsense.

Much like your team, that I can defeat without a kicker anyway. I may do that just for 'kicks'.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I have obscene RB depth, and I'm amazed the Dion Lewis or Thomas Rawls owners have not contacted me regarding a trade. I'd be willing to move a bench RB for a WR.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

I have obscene RB depth, and I'm amazed the Dion Lewis or Thomas Rawls owners have not contacted me regarding a trade. I'd be willing to move a bench RB for a WR.

Full PPR and can start 4 WR...you chose the wrong depth haha

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Full PPR and can start 4 WR...you chose the wrong depth haha

14 teams and you gotta start 2 RB. RB's get injured more than WR. By midseason some people will be rolling out seriously terrible RBs, trust me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

14 teams and you gotta start 2 RB. RB's get injured more than WR. By midseason some people will be rolling out seriously terrible RBs, trust me.

Yeah I know, I'll be in that boat soon enough begging for a RB :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Yeah the way this league is set up its not really worth paying for above waiver wire level rbs until you have your wrs and wr bench solid. Just one of 4wrs or ppt would get you close to there, both and you'd be crazy to give up even wr backups.

People are probably already starting terrible wrs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

People are probably already starting terrible wrs.

Luckily some of us don't have that problem :hfive:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Having went nearly undefeated in the league last year, designed the league settings, and played in a similar league for years, I feel pretty confident in my evaluation of positional depth. Even right now there are several WR/TE people you could pick up off the wire and start in a W/T flex. There are zero playable RBs on the wire right now. The depth just is not there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

as I recall you only did that well by a series of traderapes which makes it more ambiguous how good an idea it is to listen to your advice to trade with you :v:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nice redirect, mister lawyer. The fact is, everything I've said about RB and WR depth is true.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
As the reigning champ, I'm going to go ahead and have the final say: rolling out Julio, Jeffery, and Landry owns.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also if anyone was unaware the nfl projected points are loving looney tunes and shouldn't be relied on for anything

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When every goon has seemingly bought into the wr-1-2 philosophy this year, I like to collect good RBs. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I can't pass up the value.

Not that I'm in love with starting jordan matthews, mind you. Ugh.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

pmchem posted:

As the Rawls owner, I've decided to wait a week or so before freaking out and panic trading. It'll probably happen, though.

Also, next year, maybe we don't draft so early?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Some people like to have a good RB and several good WRs

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Just an hour to go for all my plans and predictions to come crashing back to reality. Football season is here!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Dixie Wrecked is starting a RB that was a healthy scratch for today. Shakin' my head. Lacy and Adrian fuckin' Peterson on his bench.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Dixie Wrecked is starting a RB that was a healthy scratch for today. Shakin' my head. Lacy and Adrian fuckin' Peterson on his bench.

I didn't want to say anything because whoever his opponent is should get the benefit, but yeah, dumb as heck

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

I'm looking at the TDs on my bench and feeling like I'm going to regret my WR choices this week

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

pmchem posted:

Having went nearly undefeated in the league last year, designed the league settings, and played in a similar league for years, I feel pretty confident in my evaluation of positional depth. Even right now there are several WR/TE people you could pick up off the wire and start in a W/T flex. There are zero playable RBs on the wire right now. The depth just is not there.

I'm not trading with you

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress

Sup?

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
So I was scared to death that Luck was going to gently caress me. At the gym, first quarter, gently caress has 4 points. Then I get home and BAM 32 points baby!!!!! Boat Is Back baby!

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008

aegisalpha posted:

I'm looking at the TDs on my bench and feeling like I'm going to regret my WR choices this week

I feel like that in my family league right now. 2 receivers with 22+ points and 2 active with 10 and 11 points :(.

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010

pmchem posted:

Yeah i missed the deadline to switch stuff around, it's been a crazy busy week for me, i'll be making some hopefully good changes eventually. I have to have atleast 1 wife beater on my team.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I was hoping Weasel would make more of a game of this so that Bennett's points made the winning margin, but man, no-show so far.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

dabigredboat posted:

So I was scared to death that Luck was going to gently caress me. At the gym, first quarter, gently caress has 4 points. Then I get home and BAM 32 points baby!!!!! Boat Is Back baby!

Yeah I was really feeling good about my chances all day - then the second half of that game happened.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welp. Guess I shoulda started will fuller. Wish I'd known Sammy's foot was still hurting.

Also thanks for almost nothing, Malclm smith.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Welp. Guess I shoulda started will fuller. Wish I'd known Sammy's foot was still hurting.

Also thanks for almost nothing, Malclm smith.

Deangelo Williams made that waaay closer than it should've been. Cheer up, though, you'll have the highest losing score this week, and at least you're not Jed York Super Dork!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

My two keepers combined for 11.4 points. If I'd started Chris Thompson, he'd have outscored Todd Gurley and Brandon Marshall combined.

on the other hand,

As a Washington fan, I couldn't appreciate it last night, but $67 was such a steal for Antonio Brown. :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Deangelo Williams made that waaay closer than it should've been. Cheer up, though, you'll have the highest losing score this week, and at least you're not Jed York Super Dork!

Yeah given what I'm working with, I don't hate my results.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

woot, I got Tyrell Williams off waivers! So happy (sorry, Keenan Allen owner).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

TBenj going to get all those Keenan targets

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

TBenj going to get all those Keenan targets

I'm perfectly happy to wait and find out; we both know the main SA FF thread is all about Tyrell. Dude looks legit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i still can't believe that not only could tony romo not make it through the four games i needed him for, he couldn't even make it through the preseason

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

I'm perfectly happy to wait and find out; we both know the main SA FF thread is all about Tyrell. Dude looks legit.

Yeah but Benjamin is on my roster so I've got to talk him up :)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but Benjamin is on my roster so I've got to talk him up :)

yeah, heh. TBenj just got way more value too, of course. BUT UNNNGGGHHHH:

talking about Williams:
'"We need him to catch a bunch of balls this year — a bunch of balls and have some huge days and big gains," said Rivers. At 6-foot-4, 204 with 4.43 speed, the Chargers could look to Williams...'

p.s. Brady Lives Don't matter, 3-0 now suckah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, I grabbed him in my other SA league and a couple dynasties. Here's hoping he does well except for any weeks I'm up against you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

pmchem posted:

I avoided Allen in all my drafts for this reason but in this league he was the only guy in my inherited team with a decent price tag soooo that blows

• Locked thread