Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

flipoff posted:

Fortunately, I am one of these people. Original delivery window was 10/4-10/10 and it just went to preparing for shipment this morning. I had a delivery date of 9/16 when I started the order though, so I was probably among the first to get pushed into the 2-3 week window.

Mine switched this morning too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Honestly, gently caress all of you.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

LODGE NORTH posted:

Honestly, gently caress all of you.

Got a problem, pal?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I just want my phone, I'm angry and privileged. :(

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

LODGE NORTH posted:

I just want my phone, I'm angry and privileged. :(

I'm sorry, man. :( You'll get yours soon, don't worry. It also won't blow your mind how good it is, you know?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Oh look my Delivers 04 Oct, 2016 - 10 Oct, 2016 order just changed to preparing for shipment.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Layin' in the cut to October and not mad over here. Who's with me?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
How many of you whose Oct 4-10 orders changed today ordered a Plus? Mine is a 256gb matte black plus and seems like the black ones are in shorter supply.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rubiks Pubes posted:

How many of you whose Oct 4-10 orders changed today ordered a Plus? Mine is a 256gb matte black plus and seems like the black ones are in shorter supply.

I ordered a Jet black 128 plus.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

If you have a 6 or a 6S you're gonna get really bored with the 7 in a day or two. It's more or less the same. It's faster, but not for everyday tasks. The speakers are better, but who uses the iPhone speakers anyway? There's one less headphone jack and a hell of a lot more waterproofing. It's lighter, I think, feels good in the hand, but you're gonna put a case on it anyway. The haptic Home button is cool but from a tech standpoint, not that it changes the way you use it. Oh, the camera's low-light performance is fantastic, but so was the 6S's.

Dunno, got to play with my SO's for a bit, it feels exactly like my 6S. Dunno why people are so excited to upgrade. Unless you're coming from a 5 it's more of the same. 5S - eh, wait another year for the 7S.

Just my 2 cents after getting to play with it at home a bit. You can wait for your package! It'll be fine, just breathe.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah after I installed iOS 10 on my 5s and iPad Pro, all my hype for 7+ deflated.

It feels like I have a new expensive snapshot camera coming in the mail when what I really want is a new MacBook Pro.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Mine is. Plus, matte black 128gb

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Vintimus Prime posted:

Mine is. Plus, matte black 128gb

Same here

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

The biggest difference coming from a 6 is that Touch ID is now instantaneous. The longer battery life will come in handy though.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm not sure if you guys are even loving with me or not, but this is making me so sad. I have a shitburger 5C to lug around and I have to make sure these women don't think I'm a poor almost Android phone haver. I just want my big phone and I want women to know my stature without having to say anything. Seeing "Processing" is pissing my grapes.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

I have a shitburger 5C
You are a poor almost Android phone haver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm not sure if you guys are even loving with me or not, but this is making me so sad. I have a shitburger 5C to lug around and I have to make sure these women don't think I'm a poor almost Android phone haver. I just want my big phone and I want women to know my stature without having to say anything. Seeing "Processing" is pissing my grapes.

3D Touch was a big change. Kind of.

And the switch from baby phones to adult sized phones.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

3D touch is one of those things that is REALLY cool when you first play with it, and you think "I'm going to use this every day!" and then a week later you forget it even exists.

My SO upgraded from a 5 and it took me like 24hr of watching her explore her new phone to even remember to tell her what she can do with it. She really likes moving the cursor around by 3D touching the keyboard, but 'meh' about pretty much everything else. I always thought being able to 3D touch the Camera app was cool so I could quickly switch to the camera mode I wanted but... really, how often do any of you use that?

Gotta say tho, she's right, I do quite enjoy moving the cursor with 3D touch and still use it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I just kind of upgraded out of tradition. I always get a new phone after 2 years. Although honestly I could have waited since I have a brand new 6+ because I got it swapped out a month ago under apple care for having a lovely battery. Oh well I did the yearly upgrade program anyway so I can just trade it in for next years model if it's something truly cool.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love having control over the cursor on my iPad when you put two fingers down on the keyboard. 3D Touch sounds sweet. Also having battery life that lasts a work day is going to be a game changer.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Pivo posted:

3D touch is one of those things that is REALLY cool when you first play with it, and you think "I'm going to use this every day!" and then a week later you forget it even exists.

My SO upgraded from a 5 and it took me like 24hr of watching her explore her new phone to even remember to tell her what she can do with it. She really likes moving the cursor around by 3D touching the keyboard, but 'meh' about pretty much everything else. I always thought being able to 3D touch the Camera app was cool so I could quickly switch to the camera mode I wanted but... really, how often do any of you use that?

Gotta say tho, she's right, I do quite enjoy moving the cursor with 3D touch and still use it.

I think with iOS 10 and anything higher, 3D Touch will be a bigger deal. Especially if it moves onto the iPads

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Pivo posted:

If you have a 6 or a 6S you're gonna get really bored with the 7 in a day or two. It's more or less the same. It's faster, but not for everyday tasks. The speakers are better, but who uses the iPhone speakers anyway? There's one less headphone jack and a hell of a lot more waterproofing. It's lighter, I think, feels good in the hand, but you're gonna put a case on it anyway. The haptic Home button is cool but from a tech standpoint, not that it changes the way you use it. Oh, the camera's low-light performance is fantastic, but so was the 6S's.

Dunno, got to play with my SO's for a bit, it feels exactly like my 6S. Dunno why people are so excited to upgrade. Unless you're coming from a 5 it's more of the same. 5S - eh, wait another year for the 7S.

Just my 2 cents after getting to play with it at home a bit. You can wait for your package! It'll be fine, just breathe.

It's a substantial jump even from the 6s, but if you don't want to upgrade, you don't have to justify not spending the money. You're not a bad person for keeping your old phone.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I will forever despise delivery people who somehow manage to completely vanish in the 30 goddamn seconds it takes me to get down from my fourth floor apartment.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Layin' in the cut to October and not mad over here. Who's with me?

Yeah I expected to wait and I'm fine with it. It's just barely squeaking in before I leave on a trip. Having it before October 17th is really all I ask.

I just wished it wasn't so much of a hassle just to get my bid in, I had to go through Verizon to do it since Apple wouldn't even let me reserve one because Verizon said I can't, and then I had to call Verizon to get the upgrade approved when they're not even contributing any kind of subsidy for this poo poo anymore. They're just in the way for no reason at all. I seriously need to talk to less people to buy a handgun in California.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 18, 2016

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Pivo posted:

Right, that seems to be their M.O. that in the first 1-2 years, new features of their existence, new features get de-emphasized and then become gradually more important. Touch ID was nice on the 5S, but only used for authentication to the phone itself. Now all kinds of apps have it, there's ApplePay etc. Now there's suddenly haptic feedback when I scroll through letters in iTunes, and in other apps I can't think of right now, but you get my point. Not to forget the home button itself.

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.
I never used 3D Touch on iOS 9 outside of the first week, but I'm using it pretty frequently now that you don't have to hold it down with apps like Storm and WhatsApp. If anyone doesn't know about 3D touching the flashlight in control center, it is really cool if you use it as much as I do.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I don't have it on my 6 but I use 3D Touch on watch OS to clear notifications so I'm p hype to be able to do this on the phone.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Recluse posted:

If anyone doesn't know about 3D touching the flashlight in control center, it is really cool if you use it as much as I do.

Where can I find a list of this wacky Apple poo poo that no one would ever find unless told about it?

Also, what do you mean you don't have to hold it down sometimes?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

Where can I find a list of this wacky Apple poo poo that no one would ever find unless told about it?

Seriously. I read everything Apple and watch the keynotes live and I had no loving idea.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Got a delivery notification of sept 22nd previous estimates were sept 26- oct 3.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Apple Store near me got some Matte Black 7 Plus stock today so I reserved one online and went in to grab it. Went with the babby 6 last time, and I'm really glad I got the Plus this time, it's such a nice size. Now to figure out how to cancel my Verizon preorder, looks like I need to call them.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I decided to get the 7 instead of the 7 Plus. I'm always second guessing. I wonder if the Plus would be better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Michael Scott posted:

I decided to get the 7 instead of the 7 Plus. I'm always second guessing. I wonder if the Plus would be better.

It would be. Enjoy your babby phone.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I can exchange it if that's really true. I'm thinking hard about it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I mean if you have tiny girl hands and wear really right pants or need to smuggle it in your prison pocket I guess the regular 7 is ok.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Some stores are getting the 7 Plus today. lol at anyone who got scalped buying one off ebay/craigslist/etc
http://www.istocknow.com/live/

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
I ordered phones for my wife and I on Thursday last week. She got her 7 yesterday, but it's looking like my earliest ship date is October 20th. Here's hoping I get it sooner than that? If a local AT&T store has one in stock before I get it shipped to me, can I get the phone in store, or does it not work like that?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Feels like a stupid question but how does checking the stores availability work online? I'm hunting for a watch and everywhere in the state is out all day every day. I can believe that to be true but not sure if it's reliable. Have you found that the stock is updated at certain points in the day? Been checking multiple times and starting to think I'm wasting my time.

Also, once you do reserve it how long do you have to pick it up until it's released for others?

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

I know this phone isn't that impressive compared to the 6s, but do you guys think it would be worth upgrading to from the 6? That is, are features like 3D touch, the extra GB in RAM, etc. worth it? I should probably wait for the rumored 8, but I thought I'd ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Upgrade for the resale value, not the phone.

• Locked thread