Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm about 200 levels into dream and I gotta say the best class by far is bard. At least early it's easy to 4x your stats and reduce enemy below 0 by having one. The game could def get samey as it goes but I'm still moderately interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Eldercain posted:

I'm about 200 levels into dream and I gotta say the best class by far is bard. At least early it's easy to 4x your stats and reduce enemy below 0 by having one. The game could def get samey as it goes but I'm still moderately interested

Yeah, bards are hilarious once they have decent cooldown/duration buff and can just permanently dunk all enemy stats.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
In Lazy Kings, where is "Apocalypse" (referenced in the achievement points screen)? I've got buildings up to pyramids for undead but none of them seem to have any options for it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CubicalSucrose posted:

In Lazy Kings, where is "Apocalypse" (referenced in the achievement points screen)? I've got buildings up to pyramids for undead but none of them seem to have any options for it.

Conclave, it's the one that throws books at the enemies

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I did my daily check of the reddit incremental page and someone posted :nws:this:nws: it's an incremental called Fleshcult where you play as a succubus/incubus and seduce people. I'm uh...not really sure why this is a thing. I haven't tried it but hopefully someone here is brave enough to give it a go.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Anyone know a good autoclicker / macro maker type thing that can do both keyboard and mouse inputs? There's so many trashy looking ones I dont want to search through them all

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Len posted:

I haven't tried it but hopefully someone here is brave enough to give it a go.

quote:

Hunter licks Megan's snatch, driving her wild. She clamps her thighs around Hunter's face, trapping him in her slippery wetness. Megan convulses in orgasm.
Hunter consumes 3 droplets of mana essence, filling him completely. 2 droplets overflow from the mana meter.
-
Megan sighs as her nipple slips inside Hunter's wet lips. Megan rubs her hands up and down Hunter's member.
-
Hunter cups Megan's wet labia with his soft palm, rubbing it gently but persistently.
"The stories about demons laying eggs in mortals, they're urban legends right?"

"No, but don't worry, it's purely voluntary. It's a great honour. Only the best are selected..."
Megan's head fills with nightmarish visions. She wonders whether her sanity can survive a glimpse of Hunter's true nature.
-
Megan asks to hear more about this.
Megan's attitude changes from Conflicted to Intrigued.
More persuasion is required.
"Leave. You're freaking me out." Megan says, wide eyed.
She needs some time to calm down.
The session ends. (Horror meter overflowed)

I thought this was an idle game, not a IRL simulator. 0/5.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Indecisive posted:

Anyone know a good autoclicker / macro maker type thing that can do both keyboard and mouse inputs? There's so many trashy looking ones I dont want to search through them all

Auto Hotkey and AutoIT are the 2 big ones

I use this one for everything, F7 presses 123456 really fast you can just hold it down, F8 clicks really fast with a 5ms delay and f9 clicks really fast no delay in a small area for games that don't like you clicking the same pixel.

This one is in Auto Hotkey, I call is Clicky.ahk
code:
CoordMode, Mouse

F7::
    While GetKeyState("F7", "P"){
        Send {3}
		Send {4}
		Send {5}
		Send {6}
		Send {2}
		Send {1}
        Sleep 5 ;  milliseconds
    }
return
F8::
    While GetKeyState("F8", "P"){
        Click
        Sleep 5 ;  milliseconds
    }
return

F9::
    While GetKeyState("F9", "P"){
		MouseGetPos, OutputVarX, OutputVarY
        Click
		Click, OutputVarX+10,OutputVarY+10
		Click, OutputVarX-10,OutputVarY+10
		Click, OutputVarX+10,OutputVarY-10
		Click, OutputVarX-10,OutputVarY-10
    }
return

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm playing Realm Grinder and wondering how excavations work w/r/t getting artifacts. I've got 39 artifacts currently so I'm good at that, but I'm wondering more specifically about how reloading effects artifacts. I know that if I export the game, do some excavations, get nothing, and reload the game i'll continue to get nothing as long as I keep using that save. But what if I wait, increase my chance to find the item (by casting more spells or whatever) and try again? Would it be possible to get it or am I just gonna have to assume I won't get the artifact without really going deep into excavations?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TTBF posted:

I'm playing Realm Grinder and wondering how excavations work w/r/t getting artifacts. I've got 39 artifacts currently so I'm good at that, but I'm wondering more specifically about how reloading effects artifacts. I know that if I export the game, do some excavations, get nothing, and reload the game i'll continue to get nothing as long as I keep using that save. But what if I wait, increase my chance to find the item (by casting more spells or whatever) and try again? Would it be possible to get it or am I just gonna have to assume I won't get the artifact without really going deep into excavations?

http://dox4242.github.io/arch/index.html

It's seeded, afaik.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TTBF posted:

Here's how it works: when you reincarnate, the game randomly generates a long list of numbers between 0 and 1. Each time you excavate, it reads the next number in the list (or the next hundred numbers if you did a hundred excavations, etc). When it reaches a number, it awards you an artifact if your probability of receiving that artifact is greater than that number. For example, if the next number in the list is 0.2752, you will receive an artifact for your next excavation only if you have a 27.52% chance or better of finding a certain artifact, which you presumably don't.

If you increase your chance to find the artifact by a trivial amount, then you're still very unlikely to get the artifact. For example, if your probability of receiving a certain artifact is 0.05% and the excavations you can afford don't drop the artifact, you know none of the numbers corresponding to those excavations are 0.0005 or less. If you increase your probability to 0.051% by casting another few minutes worth of spells, you'll only get the artifact if one of the numbers ahead is 0.00051 or less -- but since you already know they're not 0.0005 or less, that means they'd need to be exactly in the narrow band between 0.0005 and 0.00051, which is obviously very unlikely to happen. But if you increase the probability by a more significant amount, e.g. to 0.1%, then you'd be looking for numbers between 0.0005 and 0.001, effectively giving you a fresh new 0.05% chance per excavation independent of the old one.

This also means that if you can't find a certain artifact in the upcoming excavations, you won't be able to find any other artifact either unless the other artifact is significantly easier to find than the first artifact.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

To elaborate: This tool tells you every time the random number list* Lottery of Babylon mentioned will reach a new record low (up until the point where the artifact will happen without you doing anything but excavating), and how much you'd have to do to improve your chance for that artifact enough to get it at each such point. It's up to you whether you want to excavate the required number of times, improve your chance the required amount to need less excavations, or give up on the artifact and reincarnate to get a new seed.

* There isn't actually a list stored anywhere, it's just a mathematical consequence of saving a pseudorandom number generator seed that the numbers you roll will be predictable

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 20, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

This one is in Auto Hotkey, I call is Clicky.ahk

ha, I call mine that too. It's a good name

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thanks for the responses. I was going for fairy chanting and went from ~5k spells cast to 10k and got it. I've now got everything but the R40+ artifact and the two 3250+ artifacts. It looks like I can get one of the latter this run before reincarnating.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
On Lazy Kings - I'm sort of stuck on elves right now. I'm up to horses as my target and the last building I have is chapels. Growing my archers is incredibly slow but seems to be the thing to do right now. What else should I be doing?

Edit: it was unicorns, not horses, and eventually it unlocked a new thing.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 22, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Falcon2001 posted:

On Lazy Kings - I'm sort of stuck on elves right now. I'm up to horses as my target and the last building I have is chapels. Growing my archers is incredibly slow but seems to be the thing to do right now. What else should I be doing?

Growing archers is a big part of the Elf strategy. You'll eventually shift focus to druids, and then eggs, but you're fine for now.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
I don't understand how achievement points work on Lazy Kings, I can't seem to spend them.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Lord Banana posted:

I don't understand how achievement points work on Lazy Kings, I can't seem to spend them.

You need to go to the menu and start a new game to spend them, it's not really intuitive.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You'll be prompted to spend them when you start a New Game.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

Daerc posted:

You need to go to the menu and start a new game to spend them, it's not really intuitive.

Awesome, thanks. The way that was set out I thought that was a hard reset.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Daerc posted:

Lot's of stuff isn't that intuitive in that game. and I find that half the fun. Figuring out what everything does. I'm sure once the game has a bigger end game a better tutorial will be important. I can see how deep the game could get with more races and more interactivity between them. It's early game, this could end up shallow or amazing. Right now I'm hopelessly addicted around 25-29 achievement points per race which is the endgame right now.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
It helps to open two windows of Lazy Kings at once so you can read the descriptions of multi-level rewards in one window while you spend them in another. Also so you can close one of the windows if you click "continue" too soon in it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Phssthpok posted:

It helps to open two windows of Lazy Kings at once so you can read the descriptions of multi-level rewards in one window while you spend them in another. Also so you can close one of the windows if you click "continue" too soon in it.

Not like you lose achievements you could just press new game again

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Not like you lose achievements you could just press new game again

It restarts your progress, so if you have two windows you can evaluate how much resetting would actually be worth it.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's the latest favourite? I'm hoping it's not still RG.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Oodles posted:

What's the latest favourite? I'm hoping it's not still RG.

Idle Lazy Kings. Infiroad is good too.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 23, 2016

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I would really love endless dream if nearly every bit of progression didn't take an agonizing amount of time and you didn't have to constantly babysit it in the early game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Also if trying out new classes or spending talent points didn't involve throwing away a colossal amount of spent gold.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Idle Kings. Infiroad is good too.

Do you mean Lazy Kings? Idle King seems a bit poo poo, or maybe I've not got into it yet.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Slurpy Derpy updated and my remaining research time went from 5 hours to 27 years. Jesus, the research curve was already my least favorite thing about this game and now I'm probably gonna quit it.

I just can't get into Lazy Kings or Idle Kings or whatever it's called. It looks terrible and doesn't seem to have anything that separates it from an early cookie clicker clone.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TTBF posted:

Slurpy Derpy updated and my remaining research time went from 5 hours to 27 years. Jesus, the research curve was already my least favorite thing about this game and now I'm probably gonna quit it.

I just can't get into Lazy Kings or Idle Kings or whatever it's called. It looks terrible and doesn't seem to have anything that separates it from an early cookie clicker clone.

At a certain point you start unlocking multiple races that have synergies and unique production patterns.

With undead for example, I get the majority of my corpses from coffins that generate after every battle. With Humans, they can synergize with elves to let you generate tons of peasants for cannon fodder.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TTBF posted:

After you get past humans and unlock the other races it opens up a ton. That's basically the current end game you can reset to spend your achievement points on perks that will cause the races to interact which is really cool. But there really isn't anything after that it's just more of the same.

I love the game, but it's still clearly in early development. It could really use humans getting a bit faster, usually takes a good 6 hours for someone to unlock Orcs, if you know what you are doing it only takes about an hour or two but even that is a bit long to get to the interesting bit. At least once you unlock a race you always start with it on New Game!

Oh slurpy derpy, I loved that game early on, but the dev made a post on reddit that he later deleted when he nerfed achievements giving so many slurpies (they used to grow exponentially indefinitely not just cap at 5 or whatever). His response wasn't about game balance but that he had seen very little income and how many hours he had put into the game and how the players owed him money for all the development time so far. It's not a cash grab if you are trying to earn your regular paycheck!

I'd much rather play a game someone is making for fun and the money is a secondary goal. Expect more bullshit and paywalls to creep up if you stick with that one.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 23, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Oodles posted:

Do you mean Lazy Kings? Idle King seems a bit poo poo, or maybe I've not got into it yet.

Oops I meant Lazy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Slurpy Durpy felt like a shameless ripoff of the bug idle game. And this was indicated it even more.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Slurpy Derpy:

-Evolving feels like a punishment in that you go back to square 1 and get a very small progression increase from it.
-Devolving feels like a gigantic punishment that resets everything to 1 and gives you some other small progression increase from it, like literally weeks to get back to where you were.
-Having to re-research angel and reaper after a devolution is a bullshit mechanic that further contributes to devolution feeling like a punishment.
-The dev claims he is interested in feedback but any kind of feedback gets brushed off or aggressively attacked/criticized (this is much more noticeable on the kongregate chat).
-You aren't allowed to post a list of the secret achievements on the reddit SD forum (presumably because the dev doesn't want people to get easy slurpies?).
-Cookies are pointless beyond the first few seconds after each evolution where you assign 1 derp to each cookie job then upgrade the population cap in the other 3 game areas (population, military, science)
-Very CPU intensive game with lots of needlessly flashy graphics.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Trimps should update within the next day or two with Daily Challenges starting at Z130 (I think), should be an interesting change of pace but doesn't really add much more content if you're already well past the Spire

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ineptitude posted:

Slurpy Derpy:
-You aren't allowed to post a list of the secret achievements on the reddit SD forum (presumably because the dev doesn't want people to get easy slurpies?).

Speaking of which, do you have the list?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
This was posted in the sunless sea thread:

Megazver posted:

Have you seen his new side-project, Cultist Simulator? I must admit, I have no idea what the gently caress.

Its a puzzle game with idle mechanics and a 1920's cultist theme. I like the setting so this was interesting for a bit but it is kinda rough gameplay wise

The dev blog/reddit is filled with words about how the dev wanted the clues the game provides to guide the player instead of brute forcing the combos but i was only able to figure out some of it and now i'm stuck at leveling up my believers to finish the ritual if anyone is smarter than me or has more time to brute force it i just want to see the end at this point

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is there an ant based idling game? It would be cool to wake to zillions of ants after starting from a few. Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Avocados posted:

Is there an ant based idling game? It would be cool to wake to zillions of ants after starting from a few. Asking for a friend.

SimAnt from Maxis might be close to what you're looking for. Unsure if it will run on any modern PC, but DOSBOX is pretty magical.