Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

you better fix your hosed up sports anime track record with keijo this fall season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry but I gotta ask, is Keijo actually any good or is it a joke rec based on the stupid premise? I haven't read the manga.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Chihayafuru, silver spoon, brides story, kakukaku shikajika, and the newest Taisho winner is kamuy.

The committee that picks the Taisho has incredibly good taste.
it's true

GorfZaplen posted:

I think Fune wo Amu is my pick for this season. I don't know anything about it but the description is so low key that it stands out to me. It's apparently based on a novel that had an award winning film adaptation too
Yeah, my guess is that this is probably going to be one of those "sleeper" hits that everyone who knows a little bit about it are excited for, but doesn't really see much hype from people generally until it starts airing. Such is the fate of (non-LN) novel adaptations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry but I gotta ask, is Keijo actually any good or is it a joke rec based on the stupid premise? I haven't read the manga.

I legit think it's a good superpower sports manga, just definitely not something you're going to want to watch if lots of T&A is going to gross you out/annoy you

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

however i'm prepared to die if the adaption ends up being bad

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I will watch Keijo. I am a superior rear end man.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION MARCH LION

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I just saw an ad for Keijo it that called it an "Assterpiece" (尻作), a pun that actually works about as well in English as it does Japanese, so it's got that going for it I guess.

welcome back, i'm glad you are also excited for MARCH LION

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

It's a gosh dang Manga Taisho winner and the fact that the op doesn't mention it at all is criminal.

Not too mention it's being directed by Shinbo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

Now you have my attention.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I was uncertain about ClassicaLoid until I discovered the premise was Mozart and Beethoven as WACKY ROOMMATES who team up with other classical composers to fight giant alien robots. I am now super all in.

Also, Eupho 2 and of course FLIP FLAPPERS. Maybe Brave Witches or Hip Whip Girls if I'm feeling particularly ecchi.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To give a little bit more perspective on March Comes In Like a Lion, if you're thinking it sounds like a typical high school/sports drama, it's serialized in Young Animal which is the same magazine Berserk is in. That's not to say it's as dark as that certainly, but just that it goes to some pretty drat serious places with its drama.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah but young animal also runs tons of romcoms, ecchi series and gravure pinups....

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

yeah but young animal also runs tons of romcoms, ecchi series and gravure pinups....

Dark, serious gravure pinups.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Dark, serious gravure pinups.

Fall Season 2016: Dark, Serious Gravure Pinups

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

from the pv it doesn't look like his/shaft's usual style, which has me more excited than just knowing he's involved

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Fall Season 2016: Dark, Serious Gravure Pinups

Hard men doing hard things in tiny, tiny swimsuits.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Here is the PV for people getting geoblocked for March Comes in Like a Lion.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4tol3j_sangatsu-no-lion-pv_tv

March Comes in Like a Lion is also created by Chika Umino, who also did Honey and Clover. Having Shinbo and Shaft did concern some people because his usual/typical style doesn't fit how people pictured the source material be animated, but the PV seems to me that he may be able to not revert back to his typical style.

It is also airing on NHK-g in Japan and that specific channel hasn't really aired anime for a while. It is going to try to attract more of a mainstream audience in Japan rather than the niche audience that it usually tries to attract. Also the anime will probably also promote the live-action movie of this too.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

classicaloids is a stupid enough premise that i have to give it a shot, and bloodivores is a stupid enough name that i guess i'll give it a shot.

i hope there's a lot of surprise hits this season, the action anime pickings are looking kind of bare

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

what i've seen from the manga is genuinely pretty funny

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

actually magical girl survivor sounds like maybe a magical girl show i'd enjoy. i'll give that a shot too. thanks for giving it a little more attention namtab.

i hope "relentless and merciless survival game" mean they're taking it to some dark places

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

classicaloids:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

z0glin Warchief posted:

classicaloids:

I know pretty much nothing about what classicaloids looks like, but I hope to god that's Beethoven.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm adding Classicaloids to the list as well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nondevor posted:

I know pretty much nothing about what classicaloids looks like, but I hope to god that's Beethoven.

you hope correctly. schubert is the only one that has the typical old-timey composer look about him, from the batch of composers they've revealed.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dogsicle posted:

you hope correctly. schubert is the only one that has the typical old-timey composer look about him, from the batch of composers they've revealed.

Which one is cutest

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Shokugeki doesn't count does it? Um....
Nothing. Never. Ever.
When I was little I avoided Prince of Tennis and Ultimate Muscle on 4Kids. Only watched Space Jam.
When I was older I was revolted by Free as a yaoi sellout.
Ping Pong being an Anime around Ping pong on first sight baffled me, because why is there an anime about Ping Pong?
Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket, Haikyuu, you name it, have never interested me, as they're about sports
Which I have despised since I was little (bad one-day experience with Soccer when I was five)

So yeah.
(Does that Water Polo Ecchi count?)

Omg lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

Which one is cutest

You decide!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Every time I read that post its more stupid.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

actually magical girl survivor sounds like maybe a magical girl show i'd enjoy. i'll give that a shot too. thanks for giving it a little more attention namtab.

i hope "relentless and merciless survival game" mean they're taking it to some dark places

I'm not totally uninterested in it, but the potential for tastelessness seems high.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The answer is beethoven. I will have to judge the others by personality

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

I hope it's bright and cheery and everyone survives.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

dogsicle posted:

I'm glad that they kept the wild crazy hair for Beethoven (since there's a lot of stuff out there that depicts him with it), but smh that Mozart doesn't have the wig from Amadeus

If the VA does something like the Peter Shaffer laugh though that would make this an instant 10/10!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

fukkin watch tiger mask, it'll be great

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Reminder that Beethoven will be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I hope it's bright and cheery and everyone survives.

that's cool, whichever way the tone goes at least one of us will be happy

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

unless it's poo poo i guess, but for now i choose to believe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm not gonna watch the magical girl death game anime

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

VostokProgram posted: