Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I suck at this fantasy football thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:toot:

Lowest PF total of any 3-0 squad. I'll chalk it up to good defense :smug:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Well, this morning's WW appears to be slightly delayed. Going to give it a few hours to see if it fixes itself.

e: It's fixed.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 21, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I don't like being stuck at the bottom of the waiver wire :(

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

kayakyakr posted:

I don't like being stuck at the bottom of the waiver wire :(

If you switch teams with me you'll get to be near the top!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
More shame coming tomorrow for teams that haven't set their lineups. Don't be shamed.

Also, there's a grand total of 3.5 owned players out there that I say, 'ooo, I want that guy'. Commensurate offers are in place. Sorry Komet, you're going to have to wait around for next week to see if you get an offer, you've got the 0.5.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Time for some shame:

Quandary is not starting a flex or a kicker. He's one of the few guys actually carrying a 2nd kicker, too.

Metapod is not starting a QB. Though that's not a big loss for him, his QB, who is on bye, also sucks.

I can't blame Webbeh or Llama for not starting a TE or Taxes for not starting a kicker. Kickers are dumb and bad. TE's can go right to hell.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Time for some shame:

Quandary is not starting a flex or a kicker. He's one of the few guys actually carrying a 2nd kicker, too.

Metapod is not starting a QB. Though that's not a big loss for him, his QB, who is on bye, also sucks.

I can't blame Webbeh or Llama for not starting a TE or Taxes for not starting a kicker. Kickers are dumb and bad. TE's can go right to hell.

Hey man, football isn't until tomorrow. I have time to adjust still!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

Hey man, football isn't until tomorrow. I have time to adjust still!

That's why I shame early. Early and often :)

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
It'd be cool if I had any idea which of my RBs were actually playing tomorrow.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

not gonna lie, I actually set a lineup a couple of days ago and just completely forgot that TEs existed.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I sure as poo poo aint dropping a player to pick up another TE.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

I sure as poo poo aint dropping a player to pick up another TE.

Agree 100%

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I normally would just TE swap but my TE is my homer pick soooo

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if I like or dislike my opponent having no players (aside from our two guys each tonight) playing until at earliest 7PM tomorrow night. On the one hand, it gives me a chance to build a nice big lead, but on the other hand, watching his numbers jump up like a game of Pac-Man slowly lurching toward the high score is going to be nerve-wracking.

Pre-emptive gently caress Lamar Jackson. I hope his team blows out Marshall so hard in the first half he doesn't come out for the second, and all of their touchdowns come from his running backs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yoshifan823 posted:

I don't know if I like or dislike my opponent having no players (aside from our two guys each tonight) playing until at earliest 7PM tomorrow night. On the one hand, it gives me a chance to build a nice big lead, but on the other hand, watching his numbers jump up like a game of Pac-Man slowly lurching toward the high score is going to be nerve-wracking.

Pre-emptive gently caress Lamar Jackson. I hope his team blows out Marshall so hard in the first half he doesn't come out for the second, and all of their touchdowns come from his running backs.

you gonna lose. Lamar comin for ya

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Well, Syracuse's Etta-Tawo just gave me 24 points in 51 seconds. Thanks!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Webbeh posted:

Well, Syracuse's Etta-Tawo just gave me 24 points in 51 seconds. Thanks!

I drafted the other Syracuse WR and I've spent the last few weeks watching Etta-Tawo get all the points. Good times.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Had an RB averaging 40 points a week give me.... 9 this week :negative:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I correctly guessed which of my RBs would randomly not play this week so that's nice.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

Spintzel posted:

Had an RB averaging 40 points a week give me.... 9 this week :negative:

The downside to fantasy - you can't play against Texas Tech every week.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Not 0-4 wooo!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Since my week 1 no-show against Taxes my team has been crushing it.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
poo poo, losing Grant hurts bad, and I don't know what the deal is with Cannon yet.

Edit: Intentionally starting a TE on bye this week. He's my homer pick so I'm not dropping him and I don't want to lose anyone else on my roster either.

Fork of Unknown Origins fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 28, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

poo poo, losing Grant hurts bad, and I don't know what the deal is with Cannon yet.

Edit: Intentionally starting a TE on bye this week. He's my homer pick so I'm not dropping him and I don't want to lose anyone else on my roster either.

My TE sucks so it's kind of like a bye every week

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm so proud of you guys. Aside from one missing TE and a missing kicker, everyone's got their lineup set on Wednesday.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You want to hear how absurd Texas Tech's offense is (and relatedly, how terrible Kansas is)? Pat Mahomes got knocked out midway through the third quarter, at which point he had earned me 67 points (4 TDs, 277 passing, 27 rushing and an INT), which is a pretty good score for a QB despite him leaving early.

His replacement earned 67 points as well in about 25 minutes of play. gently caress Kansas for knocking out Mahomes and keeping me from putting up stupid numbers.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, that's what I get for not trusting my defense... Swapped them out for SDSU vs a nobody instead of UW against a top 10... UW puts up 54. Figures.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Fantrax wasn't reporting on the BYU game, so I thought my RB was giving me 0 points for the week. Turn on the game to find he has 260+ yards and 5 TDs. What a pleasant surpirse :smugdog:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

I picked up Baylor's defense thinking they should handle Iowa State fine. They got me 3 points total

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
drat I'm happy with my team this year.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Kenny Hill is trying to single-handedly defeat my team. And he just might do it.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
is this how nfl gm's when they draft thta can't miss prospect #1

just gently caress MY LIFE

and gently caress CLEMSON

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm pissed because I know I put Mayfield in the starting lineup

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Worst outing of the year so far. Out-thought myself this week, have several high scorers on the bench, could have easily broken 300.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm so pissed when I score well above the league average for the week and still get boatraced

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
We're down to two undefeated teams. My Lamar Jackson buzzsaw and the surprising Rich Rod's Rage Face. 5 teams tied at 4-1 overall. Good year so far.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

kayakyakr posted:

We're down to two undefeated teams. My Lamar Jackson buzzsaw and the surprising Rich Rod's Rage Face. 5 teams tied at 4-1 overall. Good year so far.

Hey, who are you calling surprising?

Yeah, okay, that's fair.

I'm actually really glad I got in on this, I usually only follow Pac 12 football, but now I'm watching all sorts of random games and it's been pretty fun. Although I suspect being undefeated explains some of my enthusiasm.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Just a reminder to make sure you guys don't start any players in games that might get cancelled by a hurricane.

LSU and UF game is for sure cancelled, and others that are known so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Huh. All of my players, aside from Jackson (who is on bye), are West of the Mississippi.

• Locked thread