Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mozart it is, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm not gonna watch the magical girl death game anime

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Holy moly

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I will

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
More Haikyuu, Wagnaria, and Natsume Yuujinchou will make this a crazy good season even if all the new shows somehow end up bad.

A fifth season of Natsume Yuujinchou four and a half years after the last one is a miracle. It is one of the best chill shows ever, and I'm surprised more people did not mention it.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

TV (short)
HAGANE ORCHESTRA
Based on the smartphone game by Hanbit Ubiquitous Entertainment.
This is by the director/writer/composer team responsible for Minami-ke, Love Lab, Himouto Umaru-chan etc. All that comedy talent wasted on a short about a mobage. gently caress. Still going to watch it, along with Teekyuu.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hackadoll was based on a smartphone app of all things and it still managed to be funny

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

grrarg posted:

More Haikyuu, Wagnaria, and Natsume Yuujinchou will make this a crazy good season even if all the new shows somehow end up bad.

A fifth season of Natsume Yuujinchou four and a half years after the last one is a miracle. It is one of the best chill shows ever, and I'm surprised more people did not mention it.

This is by the director/writer/composer team responsible for Minami-ke, Love Lab, Himouto Umaru-chan etc. All that comedy talent wasted on a short about a mobage. gently caress. Still going to watch it, along with Teekyuu.

I'll watch the fifth season of Natsume

But I'm only on episode 11 right now so it'll be a while

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

VostokProgram posted:

I'll watch the fifth season of Natsume

But I'm only on episode 11 right now so it'll be a while

same except on episode 2, it's in my queue but it's gonna be a long time before I clear out enough backlog to get to it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

from the pv it doesn't look like his/shaft's usual style, which has me more excited than just knowing he's involved

i think shinbo is "actually" directing this one unlike the supervisory role he's had on most other shaft stuff, though i could be wrong

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm not gonna watch the magical girl death game anime

I am

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

just watched these trailers again omgggg it's gonna be so good

This one too I want it to be october now

devtesla fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 21, 2016

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Mirage posted:

I was uncertain about ClassicaLoid until I discovered the premise was Mozart and Beethoven as WACKY ROOMMATES who team up with other classical composers to fight giant alien robots. I am now super all in.

Also, Eupho 2 and of course FLIP FLAPPERS. Maybe Brave Witches or Hip Whip Girls if I'm feeling particularly ecchi.

Classicaloids is the only thing that I am strongly looking forward to in the next season. Sue me, I didn't like Euphonium, but I will watch it anyway.

Other than that... I think it might be time to finish the second half of Gintama, I guess?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

i think shinbo is "actually" directing this one unlike the supervisory role he's had on most other shaft stuff, though i could be wrong

i mean regardless of who is doing the work, I'm glad they aren't just sticking with the same style. hearing shinbo (even as actual director) isn't an immediate sell for me anymore. probably due to his style being diluted over everything shaft does.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-21/sentai-filmworks-adds-13-anime-films-on-steam/.106740

you can now watch the K-ON! movie on steam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How is the Steam thread taking this?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AIDSfully, I'd bet.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Davincie posted:

you can now watch the K-ON! movie on steam

...huh. Wouldn't have expected that.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

grrarg posted:

I am also very excited for the new Natsume

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ooh. It'd be awesome if Disappearance makes its way there, too...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

Every time I read that post its more stupid.
Does eviscerating innocent opinions get you hot and bothered?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grouchio posted:

It's my honest opinion; why would you find it stupid?

Your honestly stupid

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

It's my honest opinion; why would you find it stupid?

Julias posted:

Like every genre ever, there are good and bad shows in said drama. You should listen to the people in this forum and explore anime outside of your comfort zone, it might make you grow a little.

Especially when you say poo poo like

quote:

I was revolted by Free as a yaoi sellout.

Which implies that you think that there's something fundamentally wrong with male fanservice and/or yaoi relationships (which the show doesn't even have the later, by the way).

Maybe you should read the legitimate criticisms people in this thread have thrown at you and not merely scoff at it and ignore it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

lol

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Space Flower posted:

Well, who's your most anticipated Brave Witch? Graf is a cool, tall beauty, and I want to see her thirsty antics.

So far I'm looking forward to Nade the most. She looks tough and spunky. :allears:

One of the things I like about Strike Witches is that they had 11 characters in it and they all managed to be endearing and interesting in their own distinct way. Girls und Panzer did the same thing, too, albeit more with the teams than with individuals. I haven't seen KanColle, but I'm going to assume it did the same thing.

Mozart looks like Jakazure Nonon and a 90's cartoon surfer had a kid.

I want to watch this show now.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I had no interest in Classicaloids but now I will watch it. Thank you, thread.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
grouchio why did you edit your post like that

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In light of recent events I have decided to watch more sports anime

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm revolted by Free for not being enough of a yaoi sellout

there was no yaoi, stupid, poo poo, waste of time

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the coach girl was good though

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

In light of recent events I have decided to watch more sports anime

Let's give anyone who doesn't watch sports anime a swirlie

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

the coach girl was good though

My favorite scene was her initial excitement at the swimsuit shopping trip quickly turning into boredom.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The Colonel posted:

grouchio why did you edit your post like that

An obvious attempt to curb the hostility in his post in hopes he could skirt the rules in doing so. He failed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

An obvious attempt to curb the hostility in his post in hopes he could skirt the rules in doing so. He failed.

but he made his post more hostile in editing it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The Colonel posted:

but he made his post more hostile in editing it

He failed miserably.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted yet - footage from Yuri On Ice set to the anime's opening theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0KAkYb0cU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet - footage from Yuri On Ice set to the anime's opening theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0KAkYb0cU

lol that cover frame

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wow that is a terrible OP

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

Let's give anyone who doesn't watch sports anime a swirlie

is rakugo a sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU