Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Zettace posted:

Does anyone have the English subtiles in .rear end file form? I have the movie and I want to show my friends but they don't understand Japanese so I need to find some subs.

Did you try the one listed on subscene?
https://subscene.com/subtitles/girls-und-panzer-der-film/english/1344582

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Oh, thanks. In retrospect, "Girls und Panzer movie rear end file" was a poor search term for many reasons.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

MrSlam posted:

There's a CG anime called Arpeggio of Blue Steel but I've only seen the first episode of it. Also the submarines and battleships have AI that take the form of girls but they're more like robots than they are moe characters. If only all the battleships went to high school instead it might have been more memorable.

It is good and superior to that other personified ship anime, though I prefer the manga. Crunchyroll has both the series and the manga; I haven't gotten around to the movies yet.

World of Warships has also done a few cross-promotions.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Speaking of things vaguely videogame related, would anyone be interested in playing the GuP wargame for tabletop simulator? Real rules light, pretty drat fun.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Det_no posted:

Speaking of things vaguely videogame related, would anyone be interested in playing the GuP wargame for tabletop simulator? Real rules light, pretty drat fun.

:hawaaaafap: Please tell em there's an English language version!

say tan
Sep 25, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
3/10 could use a Hetzer conversion kit

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CommissarMega posted:

It was translated. It's a simple chit game.

cocky read
Sep 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Garbage.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 25, 2016

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah there is. I think a japanese guy made a tabletop sim version if it then fan(s) translated the rules and cards to english.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=589060714

Really fun and like I said there's only like twenty pages of rules; diagrams and some images included.

Here's how it looks ingame, complete with gratuitous smoke that wouldn't really be there because carbon lining :shepface:

https://webmshare.com/play/YxEEO

Det_no fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 25, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Does anybody know how the "Spirit of the Student Council" card should actually work against the Maus? The card just says 'See the Scenario for details' but it doesn't seem to be in the translated version

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Takanago posted:

Does anybody know how the "Spirit of the Student Council" card should actually work against the Maus? The card just says 'See the Scenario for details' but it doesn't seem to be in the translated version

From https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1210306/english-fan-translation

quote:

School Spirit (Scenario Action Card): Play if the Hetzer is in a hex adjacent to the Maus. Flip the Maus to its face down side and place the Hetzer underneath it. If the Maus is eliminated, so is the Hetzer. If a Mandatory card is drawn before that, the Hetzer alone is eliminated.

Sounds like it takes the Maus out of commission until you destroy it or you draw a mandatory (aka enforcement) card.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've played the card game, it's really fun! One of my friends rammed his Anzio tankette into a Panther point blank and managed to disable the Panther with the tankette's machine guns.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
There's a new GuP spin-off manga on the way, Girls und Panzer Phase Erika, starring everyone's favorite Deutsch-bag.

The text should read "I'm finally here, prestegious tankery school, Kuromorimine Girls High!!" However due to a typo it actiually reads "I'm finalligator here"

The internet, of course, did what it does best.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Finally someone who could tell me what the hell is going on with every GuP artist on Twitter in the past week. Thanks.

https://twitter.com/rollsheeeep/status/780002683520323585

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 26, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This should be canon

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xarbala posted:

This should be canon

Unironically quoting. Seriously, if the GuP guys have any kind of social or commercial savvy, we should see references to this in both the spinoff manga and merch.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 26, 2016

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I'm finalligator here is amazing

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Remembered I hadn't watched the movie, was pretty good! Longer than I expected too; shame most of the "bad" guys were generic, faceless pershing users.

Also what's up with Mika? Did I just forget her? She just kinda appears all cryptic and poo poo then joins the main characters for the rear end kicking complete with music number. Was cool but... what.

Lastly I'm still looking for more people to play the GuP wargame/card game thing. If you want some casual games add http://steamcommunity.com/id/detrian on Steam. You just need tabletop simulator.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I thought the Pershings worked well for the movie format and for being the weakness of the University team. They mostly operate by the numbers, so even though Arisu is a prodigy and her Bermuda trio is very skilled, they don't seem to micromanage their lackeys the way Miho does. Miho's team won by constantly being on the run and spreading the enemy thin so that they could outplay interspersed fights instead.

Mika was blown in by the wind.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

CommissarMega posted:

Unironically quoting. Seriously, if the GuP guys have any kind of social or commercial savvy, we should see references to this in both the spinoff manga and merch.

Saki's entire character was based on an animation error. I think we'll get at least some nods.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Det_no posted:

Remembered I hadn't watched the movie, was pretty good! Longer than I expected too; shame most of the "bad" guys were generic, faceless pershing users.

Also what's up with Mika? Did I just forget her? She just kinda appears all cryptic and poo poo then joins the main characters for the rear end kicking complete with music number. Was cool but... what.

Lastly I'm still looking for more people to play the GuP wargame/card game thing. If you want some casual games add http://steamcommunity.com/id/detrian on Steam. You just need tabletop simulator.

The Finns being total inexplicable weirdos who just turned up to do strange poo poo and kick rear end in the most ridiculous tank was the joke, yes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Continuation School are literal moomins.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you listen carefully, Mika and the Finnish school are brought up in the Anzio OVA. They're considered another dark horse like Ooarai and they almost beat a Kuromonime with both Miho and Maho before the main series takes place. They also steal poo poo from the Russian team :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zettace posted:

If you listen carefully, Mika and the Finnish school are brought up in the Anzio OVA. They're considered another dark horse like Ooarai and they almost beat a Kuromonime with both Miho and Maho before the main series takes place. They also steal poo poo from the Russian team :v:

Yes, but it's a tiny passing reference. For all intents and purposes, they're just the mysterious badass weirdo team.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Zettace posted:

They also steal poo poo

I knew I liked them for a reason

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The people who run the finnish armor museum at Parola have been weirded out because suddenly a bunch of japanese people have started showing up to take photos with their BT-42. The japanese have also donated over 10 000 euros so far to help build a canopy for it. :finland:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Desuwa posted:

Saki's entire character was based on an animation error. I think we'll get at least some nods.
Wait what's this about.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Kyte posted:

Wait what's this about.

Maybe I'm mistaken because it's not mentioned on the wiki but I swore that in one of her first appearances her eyes were mistakenly focused off into space. I was pretty confident about it though. I'll have to check tonight to see if I'm completely off base or not.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/patchimlikit/status/780439129578278917

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Any LA goons willing to buy exclusive merch from the premiere and ship it to Jersey (barring an NYC release)?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-27/sentai-filmworks-licenses-girls-and-panzer-film-with-theatrical-release-plans/.106953

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

HerraS posted:

The people who run the finnish armor museum at Parola have been weirded out because suddenly a bunch of japanese people have started showing up to take photos with their BT-42. The japanese have also donated over 10 000 euros so far to help build a canopy for it. :finland:

That's a good museum tho, even had Katyusha helmets for sale.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Checking out the artist's Pixiv account they have a ton of other really good GuP work.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

moosecow333 posted:

Checking out the artist's Pixiv account they have a ton of other really good GuP work.

There are some really fantastic tankery artists on Pixiv

[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Finished the TV series earlier today.

This show's real drat good and it's a crying shame I spent literal years vaguely thinking that it was a moe WWII show instead of a moe WWII-themed-sports show. The final battle in particular was really good - the way they took out the Maus was really clever in a "just stupid enough to work" sort of way, and the final duel between Miho and Maho was extremely harrowing. Looking forward to picking up the OVAs and the movie.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

I liked this one so I upscaled it into a wallpaper

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The first chappie of the Erika spinoff is now translated. No alligator puns though.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

The first chappie of the Erika spinoff is now translated. No alligator puns though.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Anyone play the Vita game?