Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
losty
Jan 8, 2006

Korn Parker Boyd!
Man, haven't posted here in forever.

Excited about Saturday. Obviously being at home is a big advantage for Clemson, they are 22-1 since 2013 in home games. 8pm game helps too, will be loud.

Obviously worried about Lamar Jackson. We will see how he does now that there's a target firmly on Louisville and his back and in a huge game. Deshaun needs to keep improving, he looked good against GT but still has a lot of throws he needs to clean up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ross Angeles posted:

On the other hand, SDSU is loving ranked so I don't care

They deserve it I think they could beat Boise fairly easily.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

lmao VTech fan throwing shade

It's not really crazy. UL, FSU, CU, UM, UNC, Pitt, VT are all better and they're right in there with GT and maybe NCSU(maybe not, who the hell ever knows with NCSU) but clearly better than Cuse, Duke(great win over ND but lost to Wake), BC, and UVA.

The question is how many other teams in the conference would go 4-0 with Tulane, Duke, Delaware, and Indiana for their first 4 games and the answer is a lot.

Wake is clearly a better program under Clawson but top 25 just because they're 4-0? Not seeing it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If there is a god, Ed Orgeron will be hired as the permanent coach at the end of the year. I can't think of anything more perfect than Ed Orgeron, head coach of the Louisiana State Football Tigers

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fire James Franklin and hire Les Miles right now

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Henchman of Santa posted:

Brian Van Gorder got fired

Edit: so did Ron Turner

Not only that, Greg Hudson was promoted to DC. Not that any of you know or care, but he was most recently Purdue's DC for the first 3 years of the Hazell debacle. He is loving TERRIBLE.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/Kelly-fires-VanGorder-four-games-into-2016-season-47768013

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Tulane has a good defense. Their only losses are by 7 and 4 to undefeated teams. Turns out hiring a good coach can turn around a team. They aren't the bottom feeder they used to be.

Furthermore if anybody else watched Wake football they'd know they have probably one of the better front sevens in the ACC and their offense has been moderately hosed by injuries, and by the QB situation really hurting Wake week 1 but it has since stabilized and the offense has been a lot better since.

I also find it funny in the sense that I'm the only person here who's watched every minute of Wake Forest football and people are telling me how bad my team is. I'm not saying we're some playoff dark horse, I'm saying we should absolutely be in the top 25 conversation as much as say, Boise or UGA.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Pakled posted:

If there is a god, Ed Orgeron will be hired as the permanent coach at the end of the year. I can't think of anything more perfect than Ed Orgeron, head coach of the Louisiana State Football Tigers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Furthermore if anybody else watched Wake football they'd know they have probably one of the better front sevens in the ACC and their offense has been moderately hosed by injuries, and by the QB situation really hurting Wake week 1 but it has since stabilized and the offense has been a lot better since.

I also find it funny in the sense that I'm the only person here who's watched every minute of Wake Forest football and people are telling me how bad my team is. I'm not saying we're some playoff dark horse, I'm saying we should absolutely be in the top 25 conversation as much as say, Boise or UGA.

that's insanely kind to UGA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If it's any consolation, I agree with you about Georgia.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DOOP posted:

Fire James Franklin and hire Les Miles right now

Yes. And then let's dome James Franklin in his shiny rear end bald head with thousands of rounds from high powered assault rifles, purchased legally

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

If it's any consolation, I agree with you about Georgia.

Seriously how the gently caress are they still ranked. I don't care as much about Wake but UGA still being top 25 in both polls? Apologies to HOTLANTA MAN who's my dog, but what?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DA COACH O BACK IN DA GAME

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If it makes you feel any better UGA shouldn't be top 25 for sure. And yes, Wake should be receiving votes, I just don't think they should actually be ranked. I don't think VT should be ranked either, for what it's worth, but if they beat UNC in 2 weeks I'll have a different opinion, just like if Wake is 6-0 coming into the FSU game they should have a number beside their name as well.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously how the gently caress are they still ranked. I don't care as much about Wake but UGA still being top 25 in both polls? Apologies to HOTLANTA MAN who's my dog, but what?

SEC

Why does anybody care anyway? It's an early season poll and Tennessee's going to skullfuck us so it's only for one more week.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw football

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yes. And then let's dome James Franklin in his shiny rear end bald head with thousands of rounds from high powered assault rifles, purchased legally

Uh... what.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

SEC

Why does anybody care anyway? It's an early season poll and Tennessee's going to skullfuck us so it's only for one more week.

Because both revenue sports at my school have been a death march for five years and a ranking, while pointless, would feel nice after so much suffering. Things are getting better in both sports and it'll be nice to see acknowledgement.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SourKraut posted:

Uh... what.

What he's saying is James Franklin should be shot in the head by multiple forums posters with legally purchased firearms

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

What he's saying is James Franklin should be shot in the head by multiple forums posters with legally purchased firearms

I get that, but, uh, that seems a bit harsh (and trust me, I'm one to talk in this, so if I'm saying it...). Especially since PSU allowed a child rapist to go about his raping business for two+ decades.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw football

agreed

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm normally ambivalent towards LSU but I am 100% behind any team coached by Ed Orgeron and now I hope they win out

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/BillyEmbody/status/780155051172061188

lol Briles

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SourKraut posted:

I get that, but, uh, that seems a bit harsh (and trust me, I'm one to talk in this, so if I'm saying it...). Especially since PSU allowed a child rapist to go about his raping business for two+ decades.

We're following the law. The high powered assault weapons will be purchased legally, as will the bullets used to dome James Franklin.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Metapod posted:

Hello 2017 lsu hc Herman

LSU v Bama is going to be the game of the century of the week again.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I love how Ed Ogeron is now the default interim head coach for teams. I hope he pops up every other year at a new school.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

This seems super insulting to Tom Herman

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Guess they don't care about discipline issues after all.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Lol if LSU hires Briles.

We'd have the the Duke rape AD and the Baylor rape Coach. What a great school for women

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Guess they don't care about discipline issues after all.

It's the SEC, of course they don't. Just gotta be able to play footbaaawl.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Briles to Vandy

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

On this day, Tulane has the best CFB coach in Louisiana.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

They deserve it I think they could beat Boise fairly easily.

MWC Title Game collision course.

:ohdear:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because both revenue sports at my school have been a death march for five years and a ranking, while pointless, would feel nice after so much suffering. Things are getting better in both sports and it'll be nice to see acknowledgement.

Yeah this. As someone who also supports a team that is usually a bottom dweller having random seasons where they are decent is fun and feels like they deserve to get some recognition. Like sure maybe Wake won't keep this up but that's even more reason for a fan to want to be ranked now. Also, if they were pretty much any other ACC school even having played the same teams they'd be in the top 25. I guess I just don't understand bagging on a team that is having one of its best seasons in a long while even if you think they are frauds. :shrug:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Spintzel posted:

Lol if LSU hires Briles.

We'd have the the Duke rape AD and the Baylor rape Coach. What a great school for women

Equivocating those two is kinda hosed up cause the Duke case was all made up and an issue of a cray aggressive prosecutor vs. the exact opposite

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

siriuslysomething posted:

Yeah this. As someone who also supports a team that is usually a bottom dweller having random seasons where they are decent is fun and feels like they deserve to get some recognition. Like sure maybe Wake won't keep this up but that's even more reason for a fan to want to be ranked now. Also, if they were pretty much any other ACC school even having played the same teams they'd be in the top 25. I guess I just don't understand bagging on a team that is having one of its best seasons in a long while even if you think they are frauds. :shrug:

Because people that have barely watched them think they should be punished for past seasons.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You shouldn't reward teams for sucking less than they usually do, win your six and you will get your bowl. No one owes you poo poo.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Adun posted:

Equivocating those two is kinda hosed up cause the Duke case was all made up and an issue of a cray aggressive prosecutor vs. the exact opposite

Didn't say I was comparing the two?

Just stating both lost their jobs for handling a scandal terribly

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

You shouldn't reward teams for sucking less than they usually do, win your six and you will get your bowl. No one owes you poo poo.

Settle down Beavis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then by the same logic you shouldn't reward them for being good 10-30 years ago. It's not a matter of owing anyone anything.

• Locked thread