Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somfin posted:

Yeah, but I'm wondering how the gently caress they spin that waffling performance as a win, rather than just the first of three increasingly sad last stands. She put him on tilt on the first fuckin' volley.

You and I say tilt, they say "putting that woman in her place with honesty about how the REAL WORLD works"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Somfin posted:

Which, uh

Which kind is he

Seriously the basket is white supremacists, homophobes, and outright misogynists

How the gently caress does he fit into it

Naw, see the basket is people Hillary is unfairly calling those things.

None of those things really exist in today's America.
That we need to Make Great Again...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

achillesforever6 posted:

The guy who is our lead researcher at our coatings factory who tells me which samples to take out is unironically buying a tshirt like this.

Old white tea party freepers are the worst

Hillary should have called them "a basket of limp-dicked shitheads".

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I'd say that McCoy isn't hiding it anymore, but we all know he never did hide it.

So what are the predictions for the inevitable Garrison comic? Mighty Trump-Man weakened by Klintonite before entering?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwCejSZA28

The new five nights at freddys game took a weird direction with their animatronics...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The new five nights at freddys game took a weird direction with their animatronics...

Oh hey, it's that cartoon that's been done a million times and possibly even by Varvel. Hi, cartoon! :wave:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Patbagley/status/780748704366010368

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwCejSZA28

I like how painfully clear it is that these were all done before the debate

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Drunkboxer posted:

I like how painfully clear it is that these were all done before the debate
It really is. Bennett was never good etc.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

It's not so much thinking like him as recognizing a pattern of behavior. I can already see the decrepit Hillary, perhaps in a witch hat, shouting angry word balloons that bounce harmlessly off a smug, Aryan beefcake depiction of Trump as he says "Wrong. Wrong. Wrong."

And maybe Holt is there wearing a Hillary sticker, his arms crossed and looking angry.

Eh, I don't think Garrison is likely to give Holt that much dignity. You know the dude loves to depict his enemies as tearful, cringing baby-men. Look at the cartoon he just did with Mark Cuban hiding under Hillary's skirts to get away from the awesome power of Some Guy on the Internet.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

"Why won't they pull up their pants and adjust their hats!"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I hate to agree with Rall, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch the debates and literally everything I've heard about it is personal attacks. Does anyone actually discuss policy?

Also regarding that "what if people game the states and a bunch of third party people get in" counterpoint to the "ahead in a state" rule- would that be so bad? It's not going to happen in every state, you can have a debate with like ten people, despite what republican primaries would lead you to believe.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I hate to agree with Rall, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch the debates and literally everything I've heard about it is personal attacks. Does anyone actually discuss policy?

Also regarding that "what if people game the states and a bunch of third party people get in" counterpoint to the "ahead in a state" rule- would that be so bad? It's not going to happen in every state, you can have a debate with like ten people, despite what republican primaries would lead you to believe.

I'd agree with you, but trump.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yeah, Hillary goes into it a fair amount. Of course, Rall is an idiot and couldn't concentrate when Hillary was trying to explain her clean energy policy, so clearly it never happened.

It's hardly her fault that the media prefers to talk about Trump saying Hannity is his character witness, than her talking about relevant stuff.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
E: ^ unless "the media" includes this thread and my American friends, they're not the only ones focusing on sick burns.

Drunkboxer posted:

I'd agree with you, but trump.

I know that attacking Trump on policy grounds is near impossible because he's ever-shifting, but nothing is stopping Hillary clearly stating her policy and highlighting Trump's lack of counterpoint- "my plan for economic growth is x, mr Trump has yet to state a concrete plan" or what have you.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I know that attacking Trump on policy grounds is near impossible because he's ever-shifting, but nothing is stopping Hillary clearly stating her policy and highlighting Trump's lack of counterpoint- "my plan for economic growth is x, mr Trump has yet to state a concrete plan" or what have you.

Except for the fact that her doing so will receive zero coverage. As can be proven by you having the impression she didn't do that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
here it comes

quote:

The First Debate

I always have a hard time watching Hillary Clinton because she makes me too angry. We shouldn’t even have to be suffering her presence after all her scandals and criminality. But there she is—serenely expecting to be our next president. Obviously she was well-rehearsed and had some zingers ready. She was in attack mode for most of the debate and that put Trump on the defensive. He should have laughed off a lot of the nonsense and concentrated on the big picture: Hillary’s massive corruption and criminal deeds such as pay for play.

To make matters worse, the moderator was pro-Hillary. (Of course!) He aggressively attacked and questioned Trump, while letting Clinton off the hook. She stood with robotic calmness and without any hint of health problems. She’s learned to look placid and presidential. Hence her half-shut eyes, which she probably thinks makes her look more confident and qualified. To me, it makes her look contemptuous of us all. Under her phony, calm exterior lurks an angry control freak who once broke a White House antique by throwing it at her husband.

The long-expired birther debate was dwelled upon while the criminal operation known as the Clinton Foundation was barely mentioned. The birth certificate is a proven fraud, but somehow facts are racist and anyone even talking about it is a horrible person. Because Hillary said so. Trump could easily have waved off such sidetracking. Obama’s term is nearly done and he’ll get away with his lies. Hillary actually said the ‘birther’ controversy ‘hurt Obama’s feelings.’ That’s racist! Classic SJW stuff.

It was the epitome of absurdity when Hillary mechanically described the importance of cyber security. Trump had an opening there, for sure. He could have mentioned how she illegally hammered evidence out of her Blackberry phones, as well as bleaching her illegal server.

Hillary attacked ‘those at the top,’ but that’s what SHE is. She’s in the pocket of the globalist bankers. The Rothschilds tossed a $100,000 per head dinner for her. Goldman Sachs paid her hundreds of thousands of dollars for a secret speech. I doubt she made any speech at all. She will do the bidding of her masters—all else is prevarication to get herself elected. She says stuff voters like to hear, but once she’s president she will line her pockets as she strips away more liberty from Americans.

I expect Trump to do better during the next debate. He needs to stop being defensive and go on the attack more persistently.
—Ben Garrison
edit: okay i bolded some stuff

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 27, 2016

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
"Pearls Before Swine" has been doing a storyline where Rat runs for president. I mostly avoided posting it here because it didn't make any specific references to the current election, to the point that it never even mentioned Clinton or Trump.

Until today's, that is. Trump finally got referenced:

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Trogdos! posted:

here it comes

G-G-G-Garrison posted:

:words: of an insane person.

I'd love to see Garrison debate Hillary. She'd put him on tilt in the first 20 seconds just by smiling. :allears:

It's amazing how Garrison recognizes that Trump lost bad but can't bring himself to criticize his idol for poor preparation and a mealy mouth message. It's all Hillary's fault that she stomped Trump and that's somehow poor reflection on her. If only Trump took the attack to Hillary on subjects only insane people still talk about Trump would have mopped the floor with Hillary, instead of what would have really happened which would have been an even more disastrous loss for Trump. Trump lost because he dicked around for the three weeks prior to the debate looking for zingers and silver bullets instead of preparing. Even the thing he said he prepared for, birtherism questions, he failed to give a convincing response.

edit: Yes, I recognize he's calling the moderator a Pro Hillary Lackey, but that's still deflecting from the fact that Trump losing was his own drat fault.

Acropolis fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 27, 2016

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

here it comes

Trump actually answered these questions, Garrison!

1) I am a tax cheat because I'm smart.
2) Because I believe in stop-and-frisk.
3) Because it made Obama release his birth certificate and The Blacks should thank me.
4) Because that one broad gained a lot of weight.

I am not exaggerating on any of these.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A thing happened.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Haha, even Garrison can't delude himself into thinking Trump did well.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When was the last time Garrison drew a Hillary that didn't look like she was on the verge of death?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

here it comes

I gotta say I'm disappointed, I was expecting less whining excuse-making and more delusion at this stage of the game

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If Hillary Clinton's face flesh melted off, rendering her a bare skull ontop of a regular human body, I'd still vote for her.

It'd actually make me even more excited to vote for her.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Manuel Calavera posted:

A thing happened.

Yeah, when looking for election comics the majority of toons on AAEC were Palmer tributes.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm really really excited for Garrison's insane comic after Trump loses the election.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

She did do that. Watch the debate before complaining about things that did or didn't happen in it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Scholtz posted:

If Hillary Clinton's face flesh melted off, rendering her a bare skull on top of a regular human body, I'd still vote for her.

Always those liberals. No matter what Hillary does, it just cements your opinion.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

If Hillary Clinton's face flesh melted off, rendering her a bare skull ontop of a regular human body, I'd still vote for her.

:agreed:

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
How are you supposed to find the pin when the flag is that low?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Yeah, when looking for election comics the majority of toons on AAEC were Palmer tributes.

Are there any ones commemorating the refreshing beverage he invented?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Scholtz posted:

The first Heavy Metal-American president

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scholtz posted:

I would also be excited to vote her president Hillary "Ghost Rider" Clinton.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

Are there any ones commemorating the refreshing beverage he invented?

The first episode of The Simpsons on Sunday night had a joke about Arnold Palmers. Good timing ... or conspiracy?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Acropolis posted:

If only Trump took the attack to Hillary on subjects only insane people still talk about Trump would have mopped the floor with Hillary,

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/780601603338465280

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/780604428751630336

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/780609340793323520

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/780747657576910849

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Manuel Calavera posted:

A thing happened.

If I don't see some tea comics about this i'm going to be very disappointed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought this was a funny joke after I read the first one

but it wasn't a joke at all :gonk:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hillary and Obama want to regulate this unregulated thing millions are sucking into their body. Clearly they don't care about your health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
is that a satire thing or what

• Locked thread