Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:lol: Probst peeking over. I'm gonna die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Millennial tribe sure is easy to manipulate

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Figgy, Cochran, tomato, tomahto

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

2D Girls would have never done this to you!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
motherfucker

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Aw drat why did they do that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
gently caress this gay earth.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You dummies

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Idiots.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
why is survivor lovely in 2016

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

So they had a strong 6 after all.
Congrats to the 3 idiots on the bottom of that cluster.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, Mari was the only one of them who seemed very intelligent.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Robbed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"Hmm should we vote out one part of a power couple? NAH"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

thats some bullshit

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
"yeah, this will probably work out"-will, michaela, and hannah

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sooo Michaela ended up voting with the majority anyway

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Those parting words :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Maybe Mari wasn't that bright. #Blindside #NoScope PJSalt

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Hannah and Study Hall hosed up bad on that vote

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Zeke really bungled that by telling the third Triforce dude

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Sooo Michaela ended up voting with the majority anyway

She's not dumb

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Nobody is safe, that majority that voted out Mari is not an alliance IMO. The freaks could come back.

They won't, though.

Go Michelle!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

:agreed:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

Yeah but still, how the gently caress did that happen? Like how and why does Will join them? And I see why Hannah joined them, she got completely mindfucked mid-tribal, but the whole thing is super flukey.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jay actually taking the time to sit down Figgy and Michaela and lay out that "Hey, you're the target, and your name's already out there, so you gotta work together even if you hate each other" is really good strategy

Michelle having the balls to do whatever the gently caress it is she managed to do is next-level

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

xbilkis posted:

Jay actually taking the time to sit down Figgy and Michaela and lay out that "Hey, you're the target, and your name's already out there, so you gotta work together even if you hate each other" is really good strategy

Michelle having the balls to do whatever the gently caress it is she managed to do is next-level
This is one of the most unlikely votes ever. You make a very very good point, Jay did something you rarely see and then even beyond Jay, it's unusual to see two people like that bury the hatchet. So they got Michaela to join up with her biggest enemy, then they jedi mind tricked Hannah mid tribal... this is just like :aaa: Still not sure on Will

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah Jay really showed himself to be a savvy player. I think I like him now, as obnoxious as THE TRIFORCE was to start. Michelle also seems cool.

Hannah might be more neurotic than David.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And Figgy and Taylor are still lovely players despite being a power couple

Brock Samson posted:

:lol: Probst peeking over. I'm gonna die.
Can't wait for the gif of that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Now that I think of it, it's kind of ironic that Mari got taken out by the Triforce.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Fast Luck posted:

And Figgy and Taylor are still lovely players despite being a power couple

Can't wait for the gif of that

Yeah, and Jay is a really, really good player, who could end up using the two of them as a shield.

This episode is weird because so far Figgy and Taylor have been set up as hardcore idiots, but they won this one. Maybe they've got a bigger downfall coming. What's scary is that now there's a solid block of 4 in a tribe of 9, and Michelle can probably get Hannah to vote with her, as Hannah has all the will and guts of a jellyfish.
Hopefully there's a swap soon. It looks like there's going to be SOME kind of twist next time, but it might be a one or two person swap. Would love to see Zeke swap over to Gen X and align with David and Ken.

speaking of, who else is all aboard the Ken train? HE SPEARED AN OCTOPUS. He was trustworthy enough that David just told him about his idol like THAT. I like how their alliance was hinted to us by the walking stick scene in the premiere. Ken save us from this already lousy season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Previously on Survivor Burn was great. "...and they formed a four man alliance." *cuts to "TRIFORCE!"*

Figgy: "We were making out all last night, but no one realizes we're a power couple." :jerkbag: Then it cuts to everyone talking about them being a power couple.

Jay and Michelle are smarter than their pre-game info let on. Jay did a good job talking Figgy down for the good of the group and Michelle has been pretty well spoken, especially during this tribal.

I'm glad we're not going to get a season worth of Mari's video game references. I found it kind of satisfying she's so salty on the way out she accused everyone else of being salty. :salt:

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Mari seemed like great casting, so it's a shame to lose her so her early. It was still a very exciting episode though. I wish we got more insight into why Will was willing to flip and why they targeted Mari over Zeke or Adam.

I also wonder why Michelle was trying to flip Hannah at Tribal. The episode sold it as her being unsure if Will and/or Michaela were both flipping, but I wonder if the vote was more secure than it seemed and flipping Hannah at the Tribal was just a play to keep Hannah's trust so that she wasn't completely blindsided. It was kind of risky of Michelle to spend so much political capital on this move, given that she now has to make up some wild lie as the "secret reason to vote Mari that she'll tell [Hannah] latter."

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

mancalamania posted:

It was kind of risky of Michelle to spend so much political capital on this move, given that she now has to make up some wild lie as the "secret reason to vote Mari that she'll tell [Hannah] latter."

I think she had a reason, it was just hard to articulate it right then when everyone (including Probst) is already looking at you.

Felt a little bad for Mari, but I'm glad she's gone, the constant comparing of video games and the Game of Survivor was already old by this point. It's not like you've never been outside, Mari.

Not looking forward to two people switching tribes next week because it means more of this season's theme shoved down everyone's throats. Gen-Xers showing Millennials how Work Is Supposed To Get Done, and vice versa. Bleh.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I wonder if Zeke and Adam are just a bit overawed at being on Survivor that they're not actually focusing on playing it compared to the likes of Michelle or Jay.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I want to change my poison to Figgy.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

If I was on Survivor, which will never happen because I'm an out of shape unemployed Canadian, the very first thing I'd do would be to look for an idol.
It'd be like:

Day 1
"Hi I'm [name]"
"Oh hi [name], I'm [name2], I do [job] for a living."
"GOOD FOR YOU BOTH I'M GONNA GO GET AN ADVANTAGE OVER ALL YOU IDIOTS"

Day 2
I have the motherfuckin idol, ready, willing, and able to play it at the very first tribal because I know it's gonna be replaced.

Day 3
Everyone wants to ally with me because they think I'll play it for their sorry asses but nope.

Days 4-39 or until I can't use idols anymore
Repeat

I love seeing the look in peoples' eyes when Jeff asks at tribal council if anyone has an idol, but no one has even searched.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And then you get split voted out at the first tribal with the tribe splitting the votes between you and the black guy on your tribe.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

I wonder who Lucy pissed off at CBS to have such a terrible cast photo.

from Page 1 of this thread: More convinced than ever that Lucy (remember her?) got on the bad side of Production. She has had no confessionals and not been shown much in conversation around camp. A producer and Dr. Joe had more lines than her.

We probably have to wait until after she's been voted off to find out what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And then you get split voted out at the first tribal with the tribe splitting the votes between you and the black guy on your tribe.

No I said I'd play my idol anyway CAN'T YOU READ???

• Locked thread