Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
meat cooking simulator

choose your cut

your thickness

the kind of pan or hot plate

the temperature

flip as often or as little as necessary

then cut open your meat. analyse which parts are cooked to perfection, and get judged on how poorly you did

DLC options

sausages

a wok

comedy thermodynamics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
not responsible for illness from eating raw or undercooked meat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of you mother fuckers have known me for a long time// i think it's fair to say this is the only good idea i've ever had

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

visit auckland, op

George
Nov 27, 2004

what is the game called op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you know how you see a simple idea and think "gently caress i could have thought of that"

this is that happening right now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

more dlc ideas: nuclear cooker challenge pack

can you cook your steak in this nuclear reactor without charring your meat or dying of radiation sickness? test your cooking skills in this ultimate dlc!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

George posted:

what is the game called op

in the same vein as other simulation games i suspect "meat cooking simulator 2016" would be apt

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

raw dog

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this game will teach people
why cooking a nice steak at the perfect temperature for the perfect length of time is the. substandard cooking technique leads
to subpar steak enjoyment

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

other name ideas:

hot pork

porkin' it

mmm it's pork time

medium rare

stick a fork in me

sizzler

tasteless

so tender the juice runs down my jowls

bbq time, baby

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
actually this is a copy of my good game idea which is BLACKSMITH SIMULATOR and its basically the same thing with steel instead of meat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hmm we will need rest subjects to create accurate cooking shaders for different animals

future additional will allow multiple meat layers, for cooking bacon wrapped chicken for example

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

maxe posted:

actually this is a copy of my good game idea which is BLACKSMITH SIMULATOR and its basically the same thing with steel instead of meat

http://rodtronics.tumblr.com/post/114391135263 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMBjgRYb4qE

mate a while ago I wanted to simulate some basic radiation ideas so in that vid I made a simualtor where every cycle each block loses energy to another block (tried to make it basic but simple radiation physics accurate) and they glow according to a blackbody thing but I made a RGB radiation channel for shits and giggles. mate I am proud of this because I am an idiot but how do you make this into a game

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

so what is the gameplay here. you light a cg grill, toss on a flap of computer meat, crack a beer in real time, then wait for it to burn, just like a normal cookout, but without the payoff?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

so what is the gameplay here. you light a cg grill, toss on a flap of computer meat, crack a beer in real time, then wait for it to burn, just like a normal cookout, but without the payoff?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
call it meatmaster 2k16, mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we make it skill based and not dialled in numbers as such and you can record your perfect cooks and compare them the world around

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious posted:

call it meatmaster 2k16, mate

:worship:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

sold.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

echinopsis posted:

how do you make this into a game

thats the rub, friend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

we make it skill based and not dialled in numbers as such and you can record your perfect cooks and compare them the world around

daily, weekly and monthly competitions and new pans etc each month. december is ribbed cast iron

janurary is aluminium pan.. not even no stick...

gently caress that is going to be a challenge for all but the sickest of meat cooks

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

gamechanger; you do it in VR

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

on the non-stick levels, are you allowed power ups like butter and oil? or is that paid dlc

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
Feature Request
Title: Backseat Grillmaster
Severity-01
Priority-01

Description:
The game needs an unseen NPC that give unsolicited advice on how to cook the meat.

If the meat is cooked just right, the NPC will suggest how it could be better. (e.g. forgot to rotate 90 degrees half-way thru each side for optimum sear marks.)

If the meat is poorly cooked, the NPC will make one of several types of comment:
a. sucking air between teeth
b. a chuckle
c. open derisive comment (i.e. "welp, that must be your steak.")

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Alzabo posted:

Feature Request
Title: Backseat Grillmaster
Severity-01
Priority-01

Description:
The game needs an unseen NPC that give unsolicited advice on how to cook the meat.

If the meat is cooked just right, the NPC will suggest how it could be better. (e.g. forgot to rotate 90 degrees half-way thru each side for optimum sear marks.)

If the meat is poorly cooked, the NPC will make one of several types of comment:
a. sucking air between teeth
b. a chuckle
c. open derisive comment (i.e. "welp, that must be your steak.")

i feel like, instead of a NPC doing this, that would be a great reward for the winner of a PvP grill match to have free reign to do this to the loser constantly over the course of the next round

George
Nov 27, 2004

Meat Fighter 2 Turbo

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
gas grill dlc
charcoal grill dlc
open campfire dlc
18th century dutch oven dlc

the monetization options write themselves

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

meat cooking simulator

choose your cut

your thickness

the kind of pan or hot plate

the temperature

flip as often or as little as necessary

then cut open your meat. analyse which parts are cooked to perfection, and get judged on how poorly you did

DLC options

sausages

a wok

comedy thermodynamics

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Roosevelt posted:

i feel like, instead of a NPC doing this, that would be a great reward for the winner of a PvP grill match to have free reign to do this to the loser constantly over the course of the next round

PvP is cool but there should be a sandbox mode where you can just chill, cook a fine cut of meat and shoot the poo poo with some pals. choice to automatically or manually controlling eating (moving your jaw to chew food, arm / hand / knife + fork coordination etc)

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.

OldAlias posted:

. . .choice to automatically or manually controlling eating (moving your jaw to chew food, arm / hand / knife + fork coordination etc)

like qwop but for. . .

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy
poo poo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what about sourcing your own meat? you know? raising and rearing animals for human consumption. should add that to the simulated video game.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BANME.sh posted:

dutch oven

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
This game idea sounds like a recipe for success.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
how am i the first person to post "ill make the wiki" what the gently caress

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I'll make the pastrami.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

expansion pack: rise of the vegetarians

A Wheezy Steampunk