Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

No, but standing over someone insulting them after you missed weight by five pounds is a big rear end in a top hat move. It would have been just as much of an rear end in a top hat move if he insulted him in some other way.

Bigfoot screams over a semi-conscious Reem.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Bigfoot screams over a semi-conscious Reem.....

fatherdog posted:

No, but standing over someone insulting them after you missed weight by five pounds is a big rear end in a top hat move. It would have been just as much of an rear end in a top hat move if he insulted him in some other way.

Are you really loving stupid or just an enormous Oliveira fan

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
All the underdogs have won so far.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Are you really loving stupid or just an enormous Oliveira fan

I think he was just in a fist fight with a guy who was favoured to beat the poo poo out of him by basically everyone and he made a really innocuous pro wrestling gesture to the man and all his detractors in post-fight adrenaline. I think you guys are being really hysterical.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah, Brooks could have chosen not to take the fight and in that case I think he would have been paid his show money + the 20% penalty.

If he opted not to fight, he wouldn't get poo poo. No fight, no money. Due to the vast majority of fighters living fight to fight and being afraid to come off as not being a company guy, they always opt to fight the catchweight fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

I think he was just in a fist fight with a guy who was favoured to beat the poo poo out of him by basically everyone and he made a really innocuous pro wrestling gesture to the man and all his detractors in post-fight adrenaline. I think you guys are being really hysterical.

Really loving stupid it is, then

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

He said he did it because Brooks insulted him but left out the part where Brooks insulted him because he missed weight by a lot

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Hardbody Jones posted:

If he opted not to fight, he wouldn't get poo poo. No fight, no money. Due to the vast majority of fighters living fight to fight and being afraid to come off as not being a company guy, they always opt to fight the catchweight fight.

This is wrong. He would have gotten his contractual show money.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Oh sorry I forget that if a guy misses weight and wins we all get really sombre and tut tut about his lack of professionalism

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Apparently it was specifically because Brooks insulted his mother, which I don't even know that actually happened, so, whatever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He said he did it because Brooks insulted him but left out the part where Brooks insulted him because he missed weight by a lot

If he cared so much he should have taken his money and hosed off. Instead he talked poo poo and got bashed.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

fatherdog posted:

This is wrong. He would have gotten his contractual show money.

Er, duh you're right, "show" money.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

No, he included that part, which made it worse

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Oh sorry I forget that if a guy misses weight and wins we all get really sombre and tut tut about his lack of professionalism

I don't want to dog pile and mean no disrespect but are you mentally ill?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Everyone shut the gently caress up John Dodson is fighting next.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hardbody Jones posted:

What was the deal with the Ian McCall fight where the other guy cancelled due to weight cut issues a month or two ago? That seemed totally different + weird.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Prediction: Lineker KO R1, crotch chop/throat-slash combo R1.5

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

What was the deal with the Ian McCall fight where the other guy cancelled due to weight cut issues a month or two ago? That seemed totally different + weird.

McCall was paid his show money for the last 2 fights he had where guys had to drop out for multiple reasons I believe.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I don't want to dog pile and mean no disrespect but are you mentally ill?

Miss weight = no chops got it. Just posting my point of view but I'm finding it pretty funny

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Missing weight by five pounds is a complete rear end in a top hat move because it gives you a very significant advantage in the fight and puts the onus on the other guy to choose to fight anyway because there's signficant social and financial pressure on him to do so. And if he essentially does you a favor by letting you fight and make some money rather than coming away with nothing, if you then act like an rear end in a top hat to him after winning, you have acted like an enormous dickhead. This is not new, it has always been the general consensus around here that if you miss weight by a lot you should have the grace to not act like an even bigger dickhead afterwards, and you acting like this is a sudden inexplicable reaction is really loving dumb.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I always forget how viscerally creeped out i am by Dodson, such a gross little dude lmao. I still think hes gonna win though

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

McCall was paid his show money for the last 2 fights he had where guys had to drop out for multiple reasons I believe.

McCall had a bunch of people, including tonight's John Lineker, miss weight when he fought them at Flyweight and lost because of it, he took time off because of illness and had a guy miss weight again when he was meant to fight at 201 and refused to fight, but still recieved his show money, the guy called him a pussy and McCall was rescheduled for 203, but then that opponent dropped out because of illness and the fight was cancelled.

He's fighting Neil Seery in Belfast and it's going to be cool.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

manyak posted:

I always forget how viscerally creeped out i am by Dodson, such a gross little dude lmao. I still think hes gonna win though

I thought this too, but he always looks so tentative when he's not knocking people out, so maybe Lineker takes over.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol at assigning Big John to this match

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

McCall had a bunch of people, including tonight's John Lineker, miss weight when he fought them at Flyweight and lost because of it, he took time off because of illness and had a guy miss weight again when he was meant to fight at 201 and refused to fight, but still recieved his show money, the guy called him a pussy and McCall was rescheduled for 203, but then that opponent dropped out because of illness and the fight was cancelled.

He's fighting Neil Seery in Belfast and it's going to be cool.

It will be cool and also sad because Neil Seery is retiring after this fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Missing weight by five pounds is a complete rear end in a top hat move because it gives you a very significant advantage in the fight and puts the onus on the other guy to choose to fight anyway because there's signficant social and financial pressure on him to do so. And if he essentially does you a favor by letting you fight and make some money rather than coming away with nothing, if you then act like an rear end in a top hat to him after winning, you have acted like an enormous dickhead. This is not new, it has always been the general consensus around here that if you miss weight by a lot you should have the grace to not act like an even bigger dickhead afterwards, and you acting like this is a sudden inexplicable reaction is really loving dumb.

Will Brooks took the fight anyway, talked poo poo anyway, cowboy was fined as per the rules, everything is fair and square in my mind at this point.

Now with everything square, we have a crotch chop as the offensive gesture, I'm laughing at everyone getting hysterical. I realise I'm in the minority.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I dont care who wins but please do it in the first round so I can sleep

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I hope Dodson has a crazy KO like that Manny Gamburyan one here.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

It will be cool and also sad because Neil Seery is retiring after this fight.

Yeah, and it's also funny because Ian Mccall had to pull out of a fight due to injury a long time ago and Seery got his shot in the UFC filling in for him. So it's all come full circle.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I hope Dodson has a crazy KO like that Manny Gamburyan one here.

I think he punched Manny like 8 times before the ref made it there to break up the fight. So fast.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Power of Pecota posted:

Justin Scoggins knew he wasn't going to make weight and told the UFC about it. When McCall found out he decided not to take a catchweight fight so the bout was cancelled. Scoggins then went onto Twitter and called McCall a bitch for not fighting him, even though he missed weight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Will Brooks took the fight anyway, talked poo poo anyway, cowboy was fined as per the rules, everything is fair and square in my mind at this point.

Yes, that's because you're a moron, we went over this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm legit happy to see Dodson fight again

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Now with everything square, we have a crotch chop as the offensive gesture, I'm laughing at everyone getting hysterical. I realise I'm in the minority.

The crotch drop was funny as is how dumb you are for no reason :boom:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Dodson countered so fast there it was like a flash.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm legit happy to see Dodson fight again

I remember Dodson as the guy MM made sound like a SF character.

*knee* URK

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

What is Lineker's chin made of? I don't know how good it is overall, but he doesn't have like Alvarez, Edgar or Diaz style recovery, he just tanks hits like they didn't even land.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
goddamn these dudes are tiny

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Yes, that's because you're a moron, we went over this

Grandmaster.flv posted:

The crotch drop was funny as is how dumb you are for no reason :boom:

Hahaha cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
gently caress me, Dodson's chin is pretty impressive as well. Solid hit by lineker, hits right back, both guys shake it off like it ain't poo poo, and embrace for the horn

• Locked thread