Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Man, why hasn't that game been redone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I remember seeing some work in progress shots of a Not SimAnt game, but hosed if I can remember what it was called now.

e: It was Formicarium, which looks abandoned after a failed Kickstarter.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 27, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Fellis posted:

This was posted in the sunless sea thread:

Its a puzzle game with idle mechanics and a 1920's cultist theme. I like the setting so this was interesting for a bit but it is kinda rough gameplay wise

The dev blog/reddit is filled with words about how the dev wanted the clues the game provides to guide the player instead of brute forcing the combos but i was only able to figure out some of it and now i'm stuck at leveling up my believers to finish the ritual if anyone is smarter than me or has more time to brute force it i just want to see the end at this point

If you're getting desperate, you can look at the recipes here:
http://weatherfactory.biz/cs/recipes.js

Edit:

Just beat it.
One thing that you might have missed is that fasting is an important key for unlocking an important piece of knowledge.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Speaking of which, do you have the list?

I did find one when there was 12, before the change to evo/devolutions, which added another 12. Here are the ones i remember from the top of my head:

-Win a fight with an army made up of only girls, at least 6
-Have a 10 generation difference between king and queen
-Conquer a map with a single derp (just the boss, actually)
-Play for 7 days
-play for 30 days
-Reduce a stat to 0 (turn off angel)
- -100% unhappiness reached (Needs you to have a decent amount of energy so you actually have enough energy to get to -100%)
-Level 100 derp sacrificed (super easy, just let them fight for a while which will skyrocket their levels)
-9001 generations of derps
-Attack with an open army slot
-Lose 20 derps in a single battle (this one is actually fairly hard and requires planning)
- Reach a 12 population cap.

EDIT: Thats 12! These are all the first batch of secret achievements.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Buzkashi posted:

Trimps should update within the next day or two with Daily Challenges starting at Z130 (I think), should be an interesting change of pace but doesn't really add much more content if you're already well past the Spire

And so it is...

quote:

Trimps Updates!

3.8 - 9/26/16
Content
Added daily challenges! These become unlocked after Zone 100, generate a brand new random challenge every day, and can only be completed once each.
Added 5 achievements for the daily challenges
UI/QOL
Feat of strength achievements that have not been completed now turn red when it becomes impossible to complete them for that run.
Trimp attack breakdown now includes min/max
AutoTrap toggled setting now persists through portals
Bug Fixes
It's no longer extremely difficult to click a resource/sec breakdown once you have very high resources/sec
Fixed an issue that was making it difficult to change perks in the middle of the run with Carpentry II in use.
Engineering notation no longer stops working after e100 (Thanks Grimy!)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm still chipping away in the 170 zone so more things to help progress are welcome.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

If you're getting desperate, you can look at the recipes here:
http://weatherfactory.biz/cs/recipes.js

Edit:

Just beat it.
One thing that you might have missed is that fasting is an important key for unlocking an important piece of knowledge.

Thanks, somehow i never tried using believers with a lantern-property item to get orders i guess.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In trimps, is the weapon and armour from the Slow challenge good? Im 1 day into doing it and only at map 114. (and i only have 3 gigastations left, 4 once i get to 115).

Would it be worth me going back a map and farming a mountains map forever >< at least to get all my gear? (which is nearly all uptodate).

Otherwise, im even thinking about doing the Block and swapping my hp shield for block :/

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

It helps, certainly, but if you're spending more than a day on that or any other challenge then you should probably be focusing on helium challenges and/or making sure you have good perk distribution. It's absolutely possible to have a very slow push to a high zone to unlock a challenge you really have no business doing for a while yet.

My general Trimps advice is to keep an eye on your helium per hour stat. Provided of course that you'll have time to babysit the new run, you should basically portal as soon as a. you've finished your helium challenge du jour and b. helium per hour has peaked and has started a slow but consistent decline (as opposed to a hiccup but overall still climbing). You'll probably find yourself portaling a lot earlier than you previously were: lots of fast efficient runs are better than a few super-slow runs. Flip side of this is that it requires more active play (or scripting).

Speaking of scripting, if you can avoid the temptation of the automation (or for that matter if you want to script the game), consider using AutoTrimps but leaving all the scripting options off. The main thing is for the graphing function so you can see the overall curve of your helium per hour to make better-informed decisions of when to portal.

Vil fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 29, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lazy Kings just added a new race! Much like when undead was added there aren't any achievement perks from it or that impact it. Expect new cool stuff in the coming days to spend the points you earn now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

pixaal posted:

Lazy Kings just added a new race! Much like when undead was added there aren't any achievement perks from it or that impact it. Expect new cool stuff in the coming days to spend the points you earn now.

uhhhh this new race seems a bit on the nose for being called "southerners"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, but I love it.

Probably unintentional honesty.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah, but I love it.

Probably unintentional honesty.

Yeah the morale mechanic is way better than undead's after battle gimmick.

And it's trying for more of an early Mesopotamian civilizations vibe now

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So what's the last race you fight as the southerners? I'm trying to unlock everything before I go back and gently caress with my marketplace from cavalry production. I really dig the progression of their interactions, I think them and elves are the most interesting races from a design perspective (although humans do a great job as a baseline)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

As with most races there are 8 things to fight with the bottom right being empty forever. I like undead a lot they really take off once you spend achievement points.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

pixaal posted:

As with most races there are 8 things to fight with the bottom right being empty forever. I like undead a lot they really take off once you spend achievement points.

So what's the mix with them? I feel like they stall out real hard maybe until you get fight timers down with other races. Maybe I'm past the endgame part now, but things like mummies and abominations just don't feel that good, and lich growth is suuuuuuuuper slow compared to other races. I'm getting ghosts from orcs and that's great earlygame but is there some mix I should shoot for? I find they're most useful for providing apoc to the other races.

e: Apoc doesn't seem to affect southerners yet, I assume that'll be changed. It would affect my growth with them a lot since they don't seem to have a lot in the way of sustainable enemy depletion.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 3, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Eldercain posted:

So what's the mix with them? I feel like they stall out real hard maybe until you get fight timers down with other races. Maybe I'm past the endgame part now, but things like mummies and abominations just don't feel that good, and lich growth is suuuuuuuuper slow compared to other races. I'm getting ghosts from orcs and that's great earlygame but is there some mix I should shoot for? I find they're most useful for providing apoc to the other races.

e: Apoc doesn't seem to affect southerners yet, I assume that'll be changed. It would affect my growth with them a lot since they don't seem to have a lot in the way of sustainable enemy depletion.

The game end game is early yeah. But it's get ghosts from other places, and have every other race give proc all your timers. Let tons of your guys die and just refill with necromancers. Aboms are really powerful if you do the +2arms /second while you AFK and when you are around do the damage. You end up with a bunch of arms that do 15+ damage since each building causes an additional damage per arm.

Ghosts from Elfs and Orcs never stop being good, a ghost is the same as a lich. 1 Ghost per second created is the same as 1 lich that is made on attack that kills 1 per second. Ghosts are actually really important and mires + mansions is really powerful.

And yes, I assume the global "all races" will get added to southerners he did the same with undead when he added them. It's so that if there is a balance issue it doesn't mess with every race and he can reset just that one race. He already reset Southerns once.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I haven't really done much with coffins/necros since I assumed they weren't as good as just having decent other sources of skeletons and then focusing acolytes on apoc. I'll turn my necros on and see how it goes. I'm guess I'll switch to frolic, although I don't use it much early since having that many elves never seemed good early/mid due to wood being restrictive. It'll almost double my ghost production which doesn't seem like it'll change *that* much and I guess I'll try and get enough coffins to overcome the deficit to corpses. Maybe I just need to fully embrace it and see how it goes.

I have elves on full time book duty to support monks/apoc and I can't really see there being a better thing to loot with them? I have enough eggs to have a deep enough pool for replenishing.

It's an interesting game mechanically but like most idle games it's pretty easy to blast past the point where you're progressing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Eldercain posted:

I haven't really done much with coffins/necros since I assumed they weren't as good as just having decent other sources of skeletons and then focusing acolytes on apoc. I'll turn my necros on and see how it goes. I'm guess I'll switch to frolic, although I don't use it much early since having that many elves never seemed good early/mid due to wood being restrictive. It'll almost double my ghost production which doesn't seem like it'll change *that* much and I guess I'll try and get enough coffins to overcome the deficit to corpses. Maybe I just need to fully embrace it and see how it goes.

I have elves on full time book duty to support monks/apoc and I can't really see there being a better thing to loot with them? I have enough eggs to have a deep enough pool for replenishing.

It's an interesting game mechanically but like most idle games it's pretty easy to blast past the point where you're progressing.

The game is clearly in early development you're trying to get more out of it when you are at the end game waiting for new content. The leader board is the end game.

Also you don't need corpses for skeletons outside the necropolis. A necro is also the same as a ghost, since it lets you lose 1 more skeleton per battle. The goal with UD is to balance all your sources that are basically equal to each other.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Coffins can really pick up steam, but I recommend gathering them through battle instead of trying to convert them from wood.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Coffins can really pick up steam, but I recommend gathering them through battle instead of trying to convert them from wood.

I could probably switch over for a while but since the only source of acolytes is battle it'd have to be only when I'm at my computer.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How the gently caress do you spend achievement points in Lazy Kings?

Edit: Start a new game, of course. I wish the game had a better UI and tutorial.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cowman posted:

Edit: Start a new game, of course. I wish the game had a better UI and tutorial.

It's so quick to get to end game right now half the fun is figuring out the little quirks that open up faster progression.

The new game to spend points would be nice though, maybe call it new game++ at the very least. Markets could use a better selection of course but overall the DOS feel of it is fine. QoL changes not a full overhaul is all that is needed.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
Wishlist for Southerners achievement rewards:

- Water Wheels effect Plantations.
- Morale effects Banks.
- Coliseums produce blood and ghosts.
- Elves' Frolic increases Barn production.
- Other races' losses to Southerners create slaves (and replace Rogues with Southerners).

Phssthpok fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 4, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Phssthpok posted:

Wishlist for Southerners achievement rewards:

- Water Wheels effect Plantations.
- Morale effects Banks.
- Coliseums produce blood and ghosts.
- Elves' Frolic increases Barn production.
- Other races' losses to Southerners create slaves (and replace Rogues with Southerners).

If we keep getting races more need to "solve" like the elves. You can safely leave elves on getting books for everyone else 90% of the time sometimes switching frolic to cultivate to get more buildings. Increase what is being fought, and get a few more Phoenix to burst down when you are active. Having to switch things around often can be tedious early into a reset when you are trying to basically juggle 5 idle games that you just reset.

I like that it's basically 5 games that kind of interact (but only after going into newgame++) The interactions just need to get powerful enough and more mid / late game that you can lets some races do their thing without having to go okay I need wood and stone and oh god some more food would be nice too!

Perks hidden behind a challenge run would be interesting and solve much of the problem with adding a powerful perk would be. You could just wait get a few achievement points go into newgame++ and get a massive jump start. Undead is interesting in that so many buildings can produce when other races attack so they get better with overall achievement points decreasing timers.

At some point it might make sense to take points out and just solely focus on timer since each point in timer is worth more and more. going from 60 to 59 and 2 to 1 sure it's 1 second saved, but going from 2 to 1 doubles your income from battle and 60 to 59 only increases it by 1.77...% Basically that last point is worth the same as the other 58 combined.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm trying autotrimps and it looks nice but I have absolutely no idea how to close the graphs tab aside from refreshing.

EDIT: Turns out my browser size was hiding the top bar, neat, I'm an idiot

EDIT 2: Never mind I don't like autotrimps, at least not for the beginning of a run in the early-ish-game

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 4, 2016

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'd suggest slotting in AutoTrimps when you start successive runs with Balance, so you don't have to be present in order to progress past grinding areas.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

How do you spend achievement points, the screen doesn't respond in either Chrome or Opera when i click on stuff with 12 points available.

E: in Idle Kings specifically.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 4, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cowman posted:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

StealthArcher posted:

How do you spend achievement points, the screen doesn't respond in either Chrome or Opera when i click on stuff with 12 points available.

E: in Idle Kings specifically.

You click on the red text or numbers to make them green, this assigns a point.
Works fine for me in Chrome.
You have started a new game right? When you click new game, with assignable achievement points available, it will take you to the achievement screen before starting the new game. This is when you assign points.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
So here's my one question. Anybody know what the music from Infiroad is from? Or failing that, is there any way to get the music extracted from it somehow? This poo poo is seriously catchy.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
so I just got into Trimps

how deep is this rabbit hole

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dragongem posted:

so I just got into Trimps

how deep is this rabbit hole

The game is a slow burn of constantly changing how you play back and forth for slightly optimal you can just power through and not change things up of course. You will have content for over a year most likely with more being added. You can go much quicker by scripting but that steals all the fun.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pixaal posted:

The game is a slow burn of constantly changing how you play back and forth for slightly optimal you can just power through and not change things up of course. You will have content for over a year most likely with more being added. You can go much quicker by scripting but that steals all the fun.

Do the resets ever require less babysitting? I think I got 1 or 2 resets in and then just quit because every time you have to make sure to get new buildings and upgrades every 2 minutes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

Do the resets ever require less babysitting? I think I got 1 or 2 resets in and then just quit because every time you have to make sure to get new buildings and upgrades every 2 minutes.

If you want to min/max being active will help bring the run time down. At zone 180 you get "watch" which auto grabs all the research so you jut need to build things if that's what you want. Though at that point running a map at zone 20 40 60 80 and every 10-20 after that is usually enough. When you run a map you just upgrade and buy housing at that point. I think every few hours 5-6 times a day will get your runs to the around 24 hours and a good gain of He. Some people do much longer runs that are 1week+ because they check in so rarely and that's fine if that's how you want to play.

Other people do many 4-6 hours runs a day.

Also at 180+ you start getting Dark energy which will let you auto grab housing in any type of challenge run.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The automation options to start are auto-upgrade (zone 60) and auto-prestige (completing a certain challenge that explicitly states its benefit). Automation of storage is hidden behind a game mechanic that you would likely not stumble on without spoiling (Beat a Void map at zone 150+). And there's one last automation technique for a trimp job that is also hidden but I managed to hit it (Beat Bionic Wonderland IV).

I'd suggest playing Trimps without help until you're starting into the helium challenges and then decide if getting the java-script aid AutoTrimps is worth your while.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sage Grimm posted:

The automation options to start are auto-upgrade (zone 60) and auto-prestige (completing a certain challenge that explicitly states its benefit). Automation of storage is hidden behind a game mechanic that you would likely not stumble on without spoiling (Beat a Void map at zone 150+). And there's one last automation technique for a trimp job that is also hidden but I managed to hit it (Beat Bionic Wonderland IV).

I'd suggest playing Trimps without help until you're starting into the helium challenges and then decide if getting the java-script aid AutoTrimps is worth your while.

You'd hit both of them at some point, you can just get them early and they are really nice if you push an extra few hours like if you know you aren't going to be active over a long weekend you can plan to unlock it by forcing it checking in once or twice a day.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

That's what I meant by hidden, for how useful they are to a vanilla player to idle you would want better markers for where they are rather than relying on your players to eventually stumble on them. IE Storage I would have spent another couple weeks past the earliest point I could unlock it if I didn't research the topic for my previous post because the extra time and potential benefit did not meld well with my current challenge runs. I've got decent third tier heirlooms already.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just briefly had 666.66e66/s income in realm grinder. hail satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I got curious so I opened up Clicker Heroes for the first time in like a year and wow, it hasn't really changed at all, has it?