Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I know Billy's a nonconformist icon of the 90s but what the gently caress are you wearing, Billy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

goldmine

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

what is a hobo doing on the stage next to whoever that is?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
edit:I literally have no idea how I got in the TNA thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

what is a hobo doing on the stage next to whoever that is?

Aiden O'Shea

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Left: A representation of Dixie Carter's wasteful spendings throughout her career, personified by the sinking eye-ball of money and telent spiralling down the abyss of her stupidity and incompetence.
Right:: Literally Hulk Hogan.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

good lord i hate him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

BILLY
CODjCmAN

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

uncleKitchener posted:

Left: A representation of Dixie Carter's wasteful spendings throughout her career, personified by the sinking eye-ball of money and telent spiralling down the abyss of her stupidity and incompetence.
Right:: Literally Hulk Hogan.

I can't wait for TNA to bring back the N. W. GYO

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Full size for the new page

That's like an all-you-can-eat buffet for the Boogeyman.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Gavok posted:

That's like an all-you-can-eat buffet for the Boogeyman.

Hahahah. Holy loving poo poo, eeeeugh.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Mike Johnson @ PWInsider posted:

TNA majority owner Dixie Carter held a locker room meeting last night prior to the TNA Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida. According to several sources we have spoken to, Carter spoke to talents about a number of different issues and allowed talents to ask questions.

One of the issues we were told was discussed was regarding late payments to the talents and Carter stated that there are times were payments are made late, stating that is because the company is waiting for money they are owed to come in.

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE did want to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have. Carter also stated that the company still owns their own tape library in regard to rumors that WWE was purchasing that.

Carter made it clear that she is still the majority owner of TNA but acknowledged there has been some in-fighting and a power struggle amongst the other owners of the company.

In regard to the financial issues leading into Bound for Glory, Carter said that the show was never not going to happen but acknowledged that they "scrambled" leading up to the PPV.

We are told that Carter acted surprised that everyone was so up in arms and worried about the status of the company and apologized to the locker room that there was so much concern and worry among them.

Amongst those that we spoke to, the feeling was that the locker room meeting did help alleviate some concerns, but there's obviously still a worry at the end of the day about where things may go after the company is done filming for the rest of the year.

tl;dr: TNA WILL NEVER DIE :(

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

this loving company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE did want to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have.

What the hell? What a terrible thing to say.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It seems like holding it over their heads, like "I could've sold this thing to WWE, but see, darlin, I'm just a mom."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it comes off as self-serving.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Dixie Carter is an idiot

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

flashy_mcflash posted:

"I could've sold this thing to WWE, but see, darlin, I'm just a mom."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp that was disappointing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

It seems like holding it over their heads, like "I could've sold this thing to WWE, but see, darlin, I'm just a mom."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it comes off as self-serving.

You aren't, that's exactly how I read it too. One of those smug self-satisfied "you owe me! be grateful!" kind of things.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Imagine actually believing a word that came out of Dixie Carters mouth

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
They haven't answered the question of who funded BFG and the tapings. Have we found out yet?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
You think it was her dad that did the last minute funding?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

DJExile posted:

You aren't, that's exactly how I read it too. One of those smug self-satisfied "you owe me! be grateful!" kind of things.

I think it's a bit much to infer tone from someone's paraphrasing of what was actually said.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

I think it's a bit much to infer tone from someone's paraphrasing of what was actually said.

I'd agree with you in most cases but this is the woman who gave the entire locker room a "do as I say, dammit!" speech that they chose to air, in addition to all the times she's hosed over talent. I just can't bring myself to give her much benefit of the doubt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no good way of saying you could have sold to WWE but didn't

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

I guess you'd have to look at context and prior statements to determine if she deserves the benefit of the do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn13PwaRQ6s

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
"I could have left you all jobless but I didn't! See, I have the company on my mind all the time."

I hope we find out who funded soon. It'd be so stupid if rovert wasn't kidding and the whole "will the company go under" was just a sloppy angle.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even their death is being booked like poo poo,

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The only people we can trust are rovert and Dixie Carter

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

DJExile posted:

I'd agree with you in most cases but this is the woman who gave the entire locker room a "do as I say, dammit!" speech that they chose to air, in addition to all the times she's hosed over talent. I just can't bring myself to give her much benefit of the doubt.

I'm not saying you have to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I tend to find if someone is so terrible then you actually don't need to make stuff up about what they've said or done if you want them to look bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"But Dixie said we would be ok!" as ants violently erupt from Abyss's eyes.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
It's probably her father.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I bet she demanded to be an on screen personality in the WWE purchase and they rejected it.

Also;

quote:

Carter acted surprised that everyone was so up in arms and worried about the status of the company and apologized to the locker room that there was so much concern and worry among them.

How many times has she been surprised that everyone thinks the company is dying because the company has kept them in the dark and not paid them?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Remember, this is all business as normal to Dixie. They've been in this situation a dozen times (albeit probably never this pronounced) over the last couple of years. People not getting paid doesn't seem to faze her in the least, for example.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

I bet she demanded to be an on screen personality in the WWE purchase and they rejected it.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Vince's office when this happened

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Isn't the big issue that they aren't letting a lot of talent take indy bookings? In the past a missed check, whatever, now it's their livelihood.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tna lost all of that leverage a while ago and merely asks their dates with tna take precedent over other indie shows and for a couple people in the company, like galloway, not even that is the case

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/783447369937457152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I would rather watch Impact Wrestling than Any Given Wednesday

• Locked thread