Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Had to go out, but the tutorial mission is good, aura dash is a massive jump forward in representing DBZ battles in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ArtIsResistance posted:

Tell me more of this cloud + staff for sick combos because if there's anything I play this dope as gently caress game for, it's the sick combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNiWiptMfQ

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
From that character creation video, the best voice is still in, so when I create Jazz to play as in this game, I can still use that.

Also one of the later voices sounded like they were trying to imitate Hercule to me.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

I appreciate your effort buuuut do people have these annoying as hell voices before they start their youtube career or is it something they develop?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

ArtIsResistance posted:

I appreciate your effort buuuut do people have these annoying as hell voices before they start their youtube career or is it something they develop?

It depends really, the ones that aren't born with it work to cultivate it over years of practice.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Has there been any word on tournaments this time around? I remember trying to organize ones for goons a while back but it was a gigantic pain in the rear end because the tournament system didn't unlock until the rear end-end of the game's lifespan

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Clever Spambot posted:

I think i'm the only one ITT who was hyped for it, but for the record the power pole + nimbus is completely sick. Monstrous combos/damage/range and it seems you actually can take a number of little hits before it knocks you off.

That's encouraging to hear, as my misgivings were based on the text description saying getting hit disables it. Actually being able to take a few hits is a big deal.

Also that Youtuber's buddy is using Victory Rush and a Mohawk, so clearly he has good taste in friends :buddy:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I'll get Xenoverse 2 for the PS4, which unfortunately means I won't be able to transfer Krln from Steam.:smith:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm glad the import stuff brings your character over as an NPC and holo-statue, never forget the noble sacrifice of those who came before

So how are the PQ drops now? Did they fix it?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Kelp Plankton posted:

So how are the PQ drops now? Did they fix it?

I've been watching some streams, not seen anyone beat a parallel quest and get less than like 2 of its drops. That might just be a beta thing though.

Also I think that ultimate finishes go off 100% of the time as long as you do the requirements now, which will help a whole lot.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Clever Spambot posted:

Also I think that ultimate finishes go off 100% of the time as long as you do the requirements now, which will help a whole lot.

Hale-loving-lujah

poo poo, if this is right, I care less if the PQ rewards don't drop. At least this way I won't feel like the screw up is my fault.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kaiserneko is Voice 13.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I still think power pole and nimbus is really weird for humans. Everyone else is powering up and physically transforming...humans apparently forget they are carrying around a powerful weapon in their back pocket for most of the match? I really wish they gave humans tien's cloning technique as a transformation.

anyways I'm pumped as hell for this dumb game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
TFS's gaming channel is streaming it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dexo posted:

TFS's gaming channel is streaming it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mTvEEWXhc

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

free hubcaps posted:

I still think power pole and nimbus is really weird for humans. Everyone else is powering up and physically transforming...humans apparently forget they are carrying around a powerful weapon in their back pocket for most of the match? I really wish they gave humans tien's cloning technique as a transformation.

bro you think nimbus fuel is cheap? And if you're not perfectly in the zone then how can you use a powerful stick weapon without breaking it?

free hubcaps posted:

anyways I'm pumped as hell for this dumb game.

YES!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Clever Spambot posted:

I've been watching some streams, not seen anyone beat a parallel quest and get less than like 2 of its drops. That might just be a beta thing though.

if this is true im buying this poo poo day one

also I'm so glad they changed the character select screen to some butt rock instead of the same 5 piano notes, gets me in the mood for punchmans

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 8, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know I asked before, but with all the new pre-release stuff, did anyone see if story quests can be co-op'd :saddowns: I want it real bad

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

CharlestonJew posted:

if this is true im buying this poo poo day one
Slowpoke.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I know I asked before, but with all the new pre-release stuff, did anyone see if story quests can be co-op'd :saddowns: I want it real bad

I haven't been able to find that out yet myself in some cursory checks. I'd hope so just because the existence of the option would be nice (Solo with optional buddy, good! "Solo" that's a bitch without co-op, bad), but odds are the emphasis on additional co-op options are raid boss monkeys.

Hell, I'd settle for it being a NG+ unlock. They are probably going to lock extra character slots behind beating the main plot again anyways.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

On the "hate forced transformations" front, it looks like there really is zero reason not to go into golden freiza form asap. It is all upside and you stay in it indefinitely.

On another note, looks like hitboxes have been fixed for Nameks. At least in my testing everything that used to whiff constantly is now very consistent.

*ed*

Ahaha, and nameks new charged shot is now a mini hellzone grenade, that is pretty boss.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Evil Canadian posted:

On the "hate forced transformations" front, it looks like there really is zero reason not to go into golden freiza form asap. It is all upside and you stay in it indefinitely.

On another note, looks like hitboxes have been fixed for Nameks. At least in my testing everything that used to whiff constantly is now very consistent.

*ed*

Ahaha, and nameks new charged shot is now a mini hellzone grenade, that is pretty boss.

If this were ages ago, not using transformations would be for in person laughing like when you still win without turning into a Werewolf in bloody roar.

Also we can't make QUITE as many Ultraman jokes because the default PvP match length is 3 minutes. But I would find it personally amusing to have 3 minute super mode caps. (If not for having to fight countless NPCs who get to stay super forever)

"Due to Earth's polluted Atmosphere, GE Brisk can only hold his fabulous Golden form for three minutes. And time is running out."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Okay, there is a Majin NPC jogging laps in a tracksuit with male voice 8. I urge you to spam talk to him-

"Vegeta?Vegeta?Vegeta?Vegeta?Vegeta?

They changed a bunch of stats on existing gear, the Vegetto and 4Star gear I transfered is now all strike focused instead of blast.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I seem to be out of story missions shortly after finishing the first Name arc with Dodoria, Zarbon, and Slug? No new story markers on the mini map and only 2 parallel missions. Is that what everybody is getting or am I missing something?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Evil Canadian posted:

It's kind of dumb that they didn't let you color the form and just name it "Ultimate Evolution."

They could have repurposed one of the coloration slots unused by the Frieza Race for it.

In fact, aren't there two unused coloration slots? Primary and secondary transformation colors, done.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Section Z posted:

If this were ages ago, not using transformations would be for in person laughing like when you still win without turning into a Werewolf in bloody roar.

Also we can't make QUITE as many Ultraman jokes because the default PvP match length is 3 minutes. But I would find it personally amusing to have 3 minute super mode caps. (If not for having to fight countless NPCs who get to stay super forever)

"Due to Earth's polluted Atmosphere, GE Brisk can only hold his fabulous Golden form for three minutes. And time is running out."

I am totally making an Ultraman Namekian at some point. I'll share the results when I get him done. He'd actually fit really well too, since Namekians can only be giant for so long

First I'm going to try and tackle project Brisk Black.

One interesting thing I'm going to have to plan around, and anyone else as well who wants to make a Freezer-race

When you go Golden, your armor isn't the only thing that changes. Ontop of the golden armor, your skin, usually just your face, midrift and tail though some times your fingers, will turn purple and those weird glassy areas on Freezas turns purple as well. So if you don't want to clash horribly, keep in mind that if you use Golden Power.

If we do get to use our original OCs at any point, I don't think I'll ever give GE Brisk the golden power up. He's a product of his limitations and should remain as such.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah. I was going to make Lavos, but will have to use Potential Unlocked.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

-Fish- posted:

I seem to be out of story missions shortly after finishing the first Name arc with Dodoria, Zarbon, and Slug? No new story markers on the mini map and only 2 parallel missions. Is that what everybody is getting or am I missing something?

Haven't really done anything past the tutorial as im just testing race stuff out but its just the beta so I can't imagine they let you do that much plot stuff.

On race stuff, Female Majin also have had their hitboxes fixed for stretchy punches, and overall the buu stam regen seems quicker than it was before so its not that much of a big deal anymore. Kid buu transform drains stamina fairly quickly but it gives you a full new moveset in terms of basic attacks, specials, and ultimates.

Also having made a female buu one tick I noticed that is different from XV1 is it states they have shorter "break" duration. I don't know if they mean guard break or stam break but either way it is an upside. Buu race not as bad off as I thought.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Burkion posted:

I am totally making an Ultraman Namekian at some point. I'll share the results when I get him done. He'd actually fit really well too, since Namekians can only be giant for so long

First I'm going to try and tackle project Brisk Black.

One interesting thing I'm going to have to plan around, and anyone else as well who wants to make a Freezer-race

When you go Golden, your armor isn't the only thing that changes. Ontop of the golden armor, your skin, usually just your face, midrift and tail though some times your fingers, will turn purple and those weird glassy areas on Freezas turns purple as well. So if you don't want to clash horribly, keep in mind that if you use Golden Power.

If we do get to use our original OCs at any point, I don't think I'll ever give GE Brisk the golden power up. He's a product of his limitations and should remain as such.

When I get around to my Freiza, I'm likely going to make a suspiciously similar character (See also, my plans for Humans and Saiyans). Good odds I'll be using the bio armor mutton chops this time though. Maybe I'll make him taller, too.

Hmm, things that make and hold ice. I already went with Tray. Maybe I'll go with Shaker this time :downsrim:

Evil Canadian posted:

Haven't really done anything past the tutorial as im just testing race stuff out but its just the beta so I can't imagine they let you do that much plot stuff.

On race stuff, Female Majin also have had their hitboxes fixed for stretchy punches, and overall the buu stam regen seems quicker than it was before so its not that much of a big deal anymore. Kid buu transform drains stamina fairly quickly but it gives you a full new moveset in terms of basic attacks, specials, and ultimates.

Also having made a female buu one tick I noticed that is different from XV1 is it states they have shorter "break" duration. I don't know if they mean guard break or stam break but either way it is an upside. Buu race not as bad off as I thought.

I'm interested to see how that break thing turns out. Because it sounds like one of those perks that could either be SUPER GOOD, or essentially useless.

My issues with stretchy combos was always how it messed up trying to follow up with closer ranged supers if you didn't perfectly memorize what bits of their combo pushed people how far.

Like say, Evil explosion. A Move taught to you by Piccolo that doesn't mesh with namek basic strings :downs: Or worse if I wanted to use most strike supers

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All I know is, I better see "Shaman of Cum: The Second Cumming" on PC day one or I will be extremely disgusted.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Evil Canadian posted:

They should have made it so that it's more powerful the longer you wait to use it, since Frieza likes to toy with his enemies

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Haha ok so the Lady Buu racial is indeed stamina breaks she recovers from quicker, and its a solid 30-40% faster than everyone else. That is a fairly significant bonus.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah here's the racials:

Majin: High base defense, slow stamina recovery. Defense bonus when stamina is maxed.
-Male: High base health, take less damage until their stamina drops.
-Female: Less health than male (still more than other races), but recovers from stamina breaks faster.

Saiyan: Lower base health, higher base attack power.
-Male: Stronger melee attacks, buffs last longer. Super moves aren't as strong as other races.
-Female: Lower health, but can use Z Assist more frequently. Better Ki and Stamina recovery.

Human: Balanced stats. Ki refills automatically, and your attacks are stronger when ki is maxed.
-Male: Stronger strike supers
-Female: Stronger ki blast supers

Namekian: Lower base damage, but higher base health and stamina recovery. Items are more effective, health regenerates when low.

Freezer: Higher base speed, lower base health. Stamina recovers faster when you're attacking, speed increases when your health is low.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

too bad lady buus turn into just kid buu instead of a female kid buu

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's because buus don't actually have genders, kid buu is just buudom distilled to it's purest form

but agreed, I wish they at least changed his "hairstyle" to match your own or something

e: and also I don't think the engine can handle more than just a basic model swap lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 9, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm conflicted on the Kid Buu thing. Because while it's probably quite strong due to turing into, well, Kid Buu... that's everyone turning into the same moveset.

Main thing I'm curious about with the move replacer transforms, Nimbus/Giant/Kid, is how they will hold up compared to Universal buffs while being slotted up with your Late Game/DLC therefore better moves.

Will those transforms be broken as poo poo early then useless by comparison later? Will they remain relatively cool but relatively balanced the whole way? Are you effected if your base stats don't mesh with them? (Ki blast centric making power pole combos lackluster, Strike centric making Kid buu generally explosion oriented movesets not so hot, etc).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Section Z posted:

I'm conflicted on the Kid Buu thing. Because while it's probably quite strong due to turing into, well, Kid Buu... that's everyone turning into the same moveset.

Main thing I'm curious about with the move replacer transforms, Nimbus/Giant/Kid, is how they will hold up compared to Universal buffs while being slotted up with your Late Game/DLC therefore better moves.

Will those transforms be broken as poo poo early then useless by comparison later? Will they remain relatively cool but relatively balanced the whole way? Are you effected if your base stats don't mesh with them? (Ki blast centric making power pole combos lackluster, Strike centric making Kid buu generally explosion oriented movesets not so hot, etc).

Nimbus doesn't give you new moves, just changes your basic attacks/movement. Nimbus I think is just good straight up as its incredibly offensively strong. Kid buu is alright outside of the aesthetics as it effectively doubles your move pool(although one of them is fixed). I think Giant namek will be perfectly fine in PvE although probably not that great in PvP as you are a giant slow target who will never get out of the way of ults, which in turn will break your stamina, which in turn means you are dead.

*ed*

More to point, at least for Nimbus and Kid buu those are transformations for situational use so I am totally cool with them. Nimbus you lose utility but gain crazy melee offense, and kid buu form is a ticking time bomb because your stamina starts going down fast so you need to make the most of it quick. Its a bit more interesting than Saiyan/golden freiza wanting to be constantly on, at least to me.

Also just to add, power pole only goes off basic attacks so stats are not a big worry for that as you basically can't argue against leveling up your basic attack stat. Kid buu I am not sure offhand though what all the powers are I kinda forget, although at least a few of them are ki blasts.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok looking at it right now, the Super buu transform moves are:

super:
- pearl flash(strike)
- vanishing ball(ki)
- quick sleep
- maximum charge

Ult:
- Teleporting vanishing ball(ki)
- Super vanishing ball(ki)
- Angry shout

Everything is a regular rear end move from XV1 so unless they changed the values(which some moves have) it tips towards ki use, unless the transformation just plays by its own rules re: stats in which case I don't fuckin know.

Also when the form ends unless you cancel it early it stam breaks you, making female buu's a much better choice if you want to use it.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 9, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Shaman of Cum will rise again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Beat Xeno 1 again in preparation

• Locked thread