Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
If you haven't read Black Jack, I highly recommend it. It's probably my favorite Tezuka Manga series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I really hope Drifters stays as high quality as it is as it goes on. It's obviously no Hellsing Ultimate in the animation budget but still really nice by TV anime standards

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats a different black jack aaaaaaaaa

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the new chii's sweet home has an amazing OP

https://u.pomf.is/zywdga.webm

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

dogsicle posted:

the new chii's sweet home has an amazing OP

it made for a good new av too, i see

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I wasn't sure about wwwwwwagnaria after the first episode, but I feel the introduction of the baby opens up a lot of comedic potential.

I mean, it's still got a very different feeling than the original, but I'm not sure it can't still be funny even with the different feeling.

Classicaloid I liked it- sue me. Of course I've got a connection to classical music, have studied the lives and music of Beeto and Motes, etc, but I didn't feel like that was the reason that I connected with it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

This is on my "To Watch", tentatively. How is it? The last time I got interested in a girls riding bikes story I got burned (bakuon)

It's okay, but in a season this packed it's not going to cut it for me

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
:siren: Netflix finally has the second half of Kuromukuro. :siren:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

:siren: Netflix finally has the second half of Kuromukuro. :siren:

Oh poo poo, that's today?
:dance:

e: not in my country/timezone/dimension. Tomorrow, i think.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 10, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Oh poo poo, that's today?
:dance:

e: not in my country/timezone/dimension. Tomorrow, i think.

Yeah, it's on the front page right now for me in the UK. I'm guessing maybe it'll show up just past midnight, when it's technically Monday? It wasn't there earlier today, I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa Tiger Mask W has a subbed OP, Ive never seen that before on Crunchryoll

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, it's on the front page right now for me in the UK. I'm guessing maybe it'll show up just past midnight, when it's technically Monday? It wasn't there earlier today, I think.

Yeah, once i stopped futiley poking around the interface and read the header i saw it clearly say Oct 10th. Yay will wait til tomorrow then.

In Training posted:

Whoa Tiger Mask W has a subbed OP, Ive never seen that before on Crunchryoll

It's not super common but they do do that sometimes: Madoka, Squid Girl (first episode only), AnoHana (iirc) all have the op and ed's subbed, for example.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
March Comes in Like A Lion came in like an asteroid and obliterated all other anime. Shinbou and co. are doing a brilliant job with this, and I say that was a better opening episode than even Yuri On Ice. I'm a sucker for Shinbou's abstract, artsy style, though. It's also got another great op song from Bump of Chicken, who did the op for Kekai Sensen.

The second episode of Izetta was good, but definitely wasn't out to win our views like episode 1. A mostly straightforwards episode that setup the immediate conflict, introduced a few more key characters. Good enough.

Magical Girl Raising Project went pretty much like you'd expect from a straightforwards Madoka-like, but with none of the narrative weight. I guess it'll be a good watch if that's your sort of thing, like Wixoss. I probably won't watch more though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder why they didn't just use the real country names for Izetta and then also just have witches.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In Training posted:

I wonder why they didn't just use the real country names for Izetta and then also just have witches.

Lets them change whatever else they want (like giving Germania an actual Emperor instead of just a practical one, the existance of Elystadt, change the flow of the overall war however they feel like) without causing any real friction.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Izetta, March, the udon show, ice skating, working all seem pretty good to great, and I'm also gonna check out Girlish Number. This is a pretty stacked season, and JoJo is still on as well :pwn:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
anime trying to kill me by being too good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also as a big wrestling fan Tiger Mask should be my poo poo but the editing and sound of the first episode made the matches feel extremely lifeless, which should be priority #1 in making a wrestling show, make awesome matches

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

In Training posted:

Also as a big wrestling fan Tiger Mask should be my poo poo but the editing and sound of the first episode made the matches feel extremely lifeless, which should be priority #1 in making a wrestling show, make awesome matches

if you don't love the very loud rubber noises when someone grapples tiger mask gtfo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Classicaloids is really weird. I'm not sure what it's going for.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

Classicaloids is really weird. I'm not sure what it's going for.

mediocrity i think?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

if you don't love the very loud rubber noises when someone grapples tiger mask gtfo

I'm the completely silent crowd

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Izetta was good again this week, but not quite as good as the first episode. My biggest question with it is where the characters can grow; Fine is already the ideal head of state, and Izetta is is maybe a bit too self sacrificing. The only growth I can see is that they learn to live their lives for their own sake, but since this is a war romance that's probably not where it's headed. I'm not really sure what the stakes are beyond Elystadt's invasion, but a lot can happen in 10 episodes so I'll keep watching to find out

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

MG Raising Project ep 2: My biggest question right now is whether you can avoid death after getting laid off. Perhaps Nemu died only because she was transformed when the contract ended? Also Fav is a prick, only appearing as a hologram and a chat room avatar.

E: Oh there is even a thread for it now!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSE41Wq3gfE

you might be familiar with himura kiseki's monday offerings. well,

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Izetta's concept and overall execution are decent, but the editing seems a little sloppy. The music often fits the scene it's in poorly, and the action is flabby - that aerial dogfight should have been way more exciting and suspenseful than it ended up being, and didn't really have an especially clear sense of geography and positioning to help you follow it. That second crash in particular was really bad. It's sucking out quite a bit of the show's fun-factor.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I had that impression too. There's nothing wrong with the art or the story, but the direction just puts me to sleep.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Space Flower posted:

I thought the name Himura Kiseki was familiar. He did the FSN Sword Dancers and Nanoha Betrayers doujins, and he's the artist for the SAO: Progressive manga (which is really good). It was only a matter of time before someone had the sense to throw money at his ideas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm the completely silent crowd

This is what weirded me out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

SOMEONE TELL FORUMS POSTER A KITTEN.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

So what are the good action shows this season? Maybe drifters? Anything else?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There is intense ice skating action in Yuri!! On Ice

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ninjewtsu posted:

Gundam IBO remains quite decent if mecha isn't a turn off.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mecha is very much not a turn off but also I never really got around to watching s1

Which I suppose is what I can spend this season doing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

Mecha is very much not a turn off but also I never really got around to watching s1

Which I suppose is what I can spend this season doing

Watch s01, then s02.

IBO, Bubuki Buranki and Flip Flappers all have good action. The little of it there is in Izetta is also good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Alrighty so what's good so far?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Yuri on Ice, March Comes in Like A Lion, Izetta the Last Witch, Nobunaga's Shinobi, Sengoku Choujuu Giga, Drifters, Flip Flappers, To Be Hero, also all the various S2s of good shows of seasons past. Get watching!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

GorfZaplen posted:

Yuri on Ice, March Comes in Like A Lion, Izetta the Last Witch, Nobunaga's Shinobi, Sengoku Choujuu Giga, Drifters, Flip Flappers, To Be Hero, also all the various S2s of good shows of seasons past. Get watching!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Keijo!!!!!!!! my man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Is To Be Hero anime?

• Locked thread