Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SourKraut posted:

A lot of the Giants are older so it can't go on indefinitely.

You do understand the core of the first EYBS WS roster was Cody Ross, Pat Burrell, Aubrey Huff, Juan Uribe and Edgar Renteria right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

SourKraut posted:

I honestly hope the Giants have to endure 100 years without a WS win someday. You guys don't know how easy/nice you actually have it.

Well we've never been that bad but we did have a 58-year drought before the advent of EYBS

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Well we've never been that bad but we did have a 58-year drought before the advent of EYBS

You had just been in the WS in 2002 at least. It's been 71 years since the Cubs were in a WS. So Giants fans have not had it that bad.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I had to earnestly debate against a salary cap in baseball against some guy in a bar tonight, and the Cubs didn't even win. This sucks.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm pretty sure they canceled the WS in 2002.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SourKraut posted:

You had just been in the WS in 2002 at least. It's been 71 years since the Cubs were in a WS. So Giants fans have not had it that bad.

its crazy you've been around for all 108 years and therefore can give us the perfect frame of reference for everything

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Spoeank posted:

its crazy you've been around for all 108 years and therefore can give us the perfect frame of reference for everything

It's why I'm so grouchy.

Seriously, it's pathetic how inept the team has been, and when things are finally looking up, other teams' bullshit happens that keeps them down. For once it'd be nice for a good Cubs team to actually make it to a WS.

And it's just frustrating to see Giants fan thinking their team that's one 3 WCs in 5 years is down on its luck. Someday the magic ride ends and mediocrity deservedly returns!

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 11, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Giants fans bitch about their ill fortunes prior to winning three championships in five years ITT

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The only Cub to ever hit against Moore is Dexter Fowler. Which makes sense when you consider how young they are other than Zobrist, who was Moore's teammate, but I would've thought there'd be an interleague game or something.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/31099/matt-moore

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Brockenstein posted:

Darvish is selfish and you're better off without him

The Astros can take his stat padding off your hands

:hai:

we don't deserve a team as noble as the Astros existing just 5 hours away.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm coming to terms that I'll get to see 100 years of miserable Cubs that I can tell my non existent grandchildren about.

"I was there eating cheetos on my bed sonny watching the Cubs piss away an opportunity to put the Giants away because Maddon doesn't believe in BP and he didn't want to hurt his t-ballers feelings."

"I was there laying on the couch when the Cubs had a meltdown just I like do when they show how inept they are and they lost to the Marlins is soul crushing fashion."

"I was there when Rizzo went 0-20 in the playoffs."

"I was there when Contreras thought he was some gun slinging catcher man."

"I was there when Baez thought he could hit a ball 2 feet out of the strike zone in the dirt, that no other batter would possibly swing at."

"I was there when our pitching staff were literally better than our lineup combined."

"I was there for when Lackey had a meltdown and got loving shelled to even the series at 2-2"

"I was there for even year bullshit my son, I was there for even year Cub goat loving bullshit."

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I'm coming to terms that I'll get to see 100 years of miserable Cubs that I can tell my non existent grandchildren about.

"I was there eating cheetos on my bed sonny watching the Cubs piss away an opportunity to put the Giants away because Maddon doesn't believe in BP and he didn't want to hurt his t-ballers feelings."

"I was there laying on the couch when the Cubs had a meltdown just I like do when they show how inept they are and they lost to the Marlins is soul crushing fashion."

"I was there when Baez thought he could hit a ball 2 feet out of the strike zone in the dirt, that no other batter would possibly swing at."

"I was there when our pitching staff were literally better than our lineup combined."

"I was there for when Lackey had a meltdown and got loving shelled to even the series at 2-2"

"I was there for even year bullshit my son, I was there for even year Cub goat loving bullshit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juuEOYAAAuU&t=192s

But really though, the Cubs own and if they do manage to beat the Giants I'm all for them to go all the way.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I can see lackey going six and the bullpen exploding.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
'Batting practice is overrated' Rizzo. Probably.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I hate and love the giants at the same time

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cubs are going to win the central 8 years in a row and never make it to the World Series

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did mlb.com stop doing the game recaps? Because I don't want to try and piece together the game through like 80 highlights.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Even Year Bullshit was allowed to endure that day...

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

IcePhoenix posted:

Did mlb.com stop doing the game recaps? Because I don't want to try and piece together the game through like 80 highlights.

They're still there, just usually buried close to the back of the list.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

The condensed games are my favorite if I only want to watch one game. You get to see everything that happened and it's usually around 15 minutes long.

http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter/#date=10/10/2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Remember when the Cubs lost one game in a five game series? Truly a low water mark for the franchise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Last night I dreamed that dawn had broken over the bay and Dexter Fowler was on the mound and the game was still going to infinity.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Cubs are the best team and they're going to beat the unholy piss out of the Giants one of these next two games so all y'all need to step back and breathe. I know panic is our collective fan base gimmick but gently caress it. Embrace being good we're up 2-1.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Last night I dreamed that dawn had broken over the bay and Dexter Fowler was on the mound and the game was still going to infinity.

You mean you aren't still watching? They made special provisions, Steve Perry is on deck and Joe Maddon is warming up in the pen.

George Kontos has warmed up 67 times.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Good god they need to reign in game times.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Devo posted:

Cubs are the best team and they're going to beat the unholy piss out of the Giants one of these next two games so all y'all need to step back and breathe. I know panic is our collective fan base gimmick but gently caress it. Embrace being good we're up 2-1.

If anyone can find a way it blow it it'll be the Cubs.

However, the 9th inning was a bright spot of hope along side Arrieta crushing one off MadBum.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

However, the 9th inning was a bright spot of hope along side Arrieta crushing one off MadBum.

That entire game was awesome even though the wrong team won. I'm sure Giants fans would say the same about game 1. Playoff baseball is fun.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Devo posted:

That entire game was awesome even though the wrong team won. I'm sure Giants fans would say the same about game 1. Playoff baseball is fun.

i fell asleep in the middle of the 8th, so my lasting impression of the game was pitcher dinger supremacy. my partner shouted "gently caress the dh" at least 10 times last night.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

The best Madison Bumgarner trivia is that he once dated a girl named Madison Bumgarner.

aka The Jingle-Heimerschmidt Corollary

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

You mean you aren't still watching? They made special provisions, Steve Perry is on deck and Joe Maddon is warming up in the pen.

George Kontos has warmed up 67 times.

I'm sure they could've dug up another reason to restart the inning like when MadBum had to get Rizzo out for a second time during a commercial break.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm at the point now where I'd take 4 years of Trump for a Cubs World Series victory

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm at the point now where I'd take 4 years of Trump for a Cubs World Series victory

Maybe even just to beat the Giants.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

A Cubs World Series victory is a sign of the end of times, so a Trump Presidency would be a given in that scenario.

At least the regular season was fun. Seig Heil, Fuhrer Trump!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

lets not do that, i'm rooting for them too but trump's vp wants me to be electrocuted until i like boys and that's not too cool friend.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Over under on playoff games Price wins over his career : 1.5

What would you take?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

patonthebach posted:

What would you take?

probably the over since he has 2 postseason wins

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

patonthebach posted:

What would you take?

I'm taking the over because he's at 2?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'll take Trump over a Cubs world series no matter how long he wants to stay in office

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shinjobi posted:

:hai:

we don't deserve a team as noble as the Astros existing just 5 hours away.

This was maybe the dumbest thing to happen all year

"This high volume strikeout pitcher who has spent his career striking just like literally all the guys is bad because he won't stop striking people out and pitch to contact"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poque posted:

probably the over since he has 2 postseason wins

lol.

• Locked thread