Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Pause. Did Draymond Green throw out the first pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SourKraut posted:

I know we won't be able to afford to, but I really wish Fowler would come back next season.

If we win the WS, they can loving afford it. They will have officially ALL of the money.

All of it.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

bad boy in the boy band posted:

If we win the WS, they can loving afford it. They will have officially ALL of the money.

All of it.

They already do.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

bad boy in the boy band posted:

All of it.

Not after they have to rebuild the north side from the riots and month long drinking binge in the streets.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

*awkward champagne shower scene and commentator silence*

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I still don't believe it. :stare:

My hands are still shaking.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

All this game proved to me is that a fatalistic loss of faith is the only way the Cubs can win. Like tinkerbell, they need the bile and loathing of a 108 of pain to well up and bring them back to life.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rah! posted:

who cares about baseball anyways lol you losers i'm back to doing exciting and useful things, like collecting garbage and also trash

Tell the bullpen I say hi

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They beat EYBS. I'm right there with you.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You don't have any use for that ticket.
What the hell are you gonna do Thursday?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Split this thread at the top of the 9th then goldmine

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Caseman posted:

last season I mailed my unused game 5 NLCS tickets to Mets goons. now the souvenir is mine

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Caseman posted:

I've got tickets to games 2, 6, and 7 of the NLCS :getin:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm not fatalistic anymore

i am now a normal person

The NBA season starts October 27

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Joe: "it was all planned out"

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Must be time for Odd Year BS- Go Giants 2017. Please get a real closer and maybe a new everybody not named Ty Blach, Bumgarner, Cueto, or Moore.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

I don't post much, but the EYBS was a helluva run. So appropriate and poetic that ended this year with our bullpen blowing a save in the 9th. Congrats, Cubs fans--no matter what anybody else says, you guys are chill and cool (except when being neurotic about your team, which is fine), and I wish you luck in the NLCS and beyond.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha, Mune in the locker room getting showered by Lackey.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Tell the bullpen I say hi

i said garbage and trash, not flaming rubbish

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

The NBA season starts October 27

This is a hosed up troll to Mangles.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
A bunt turns into a double on a throwing error, and that's the winning run.

Plus pitchers driving in runs all series long.

I'm disappointed, of course, but I can't be too mad the Giants went out against a team doing that. :D

Honestly, the better team won.

Not trying to reverse jinx Cubs fans. Hope your guys do well. If it isn't our turn anymore, it might as well be yours. May you win and learn to trust your team and become as obnoxious as us and Red Sox Nation. It's kinda fun tbh :getin:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Just got to :smug: quote a second

Bilirubin posted:

Nonsense, we are winning tonight.

Sorry I didn't post any fatalistic poo poo after last night's fantastic game but I had an early morning appt to get to bed for but come on now, who hadn't already mentally written last night's game off because of Mad Bum?

We're good, its fine. Cubs in 4.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Blenderhead posted:

I don't post much, but the EYBS was a helluva run. So appropriate and poetic that ended this year with our bullpen blowing a save in the 9th. Congrats, Cubs fans--no matter what anybody else says, you guys are chill and cool (except when being neurotic about your team, which is fine), and I wish you luck in the NLCS and beyond.

EYBS Is Not Dead, Just Dormant. :getin:

[gonna stay that way until the bullpen is rebuilt, but, eh]

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Just got to :smug: quote a second

As you should, dude. As you should.

I'd have dapped it if I'd been a neutral observer. But, well, you know.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Me too friend.

Also the janitor probably will never mop my lab again.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Mister Perky posted:

EYBS Is Not Dead, Just Dormant. :getin:

[gonna stay that way until the bullpen is rebuilt, but, eh]

I'd like to have to buy a bigger trophy case, but I'm optimistic that a good competitive team can be fielded in odd numbered years. If the Cubs can go to the NLCS for two straight seasons, then maybe life really isn't set in stone by arcane numerology.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
A-Rod is so loving good as an analyst.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The apple pen guy but he has a bull instead of an apple and he puts them together to make another loving blown save

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

DeepDickPizza posted:

A-Rod is so loving good as an analyst.

It's really remarkable. He is really good

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Woooo! I am glad we won! You Giants guys are cool posters and SF is a cool place for cool people.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Craptacular! posted:

I'd like to have to buy a bigger trophy case, but I'm optimistic that a good competitive team can be fielded in odd numbered years. If the Cubs can go to the NLCS for two straight seasons, then maybe life really isn't set in stone by arcane numerology.

We've paid 108 years for these two NLCS visits!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
that was a good series even though i had to play overwatch so i don't break poo poo over lackey.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

However, having Lackey pitch another game this postseason really stresses me out. I'd rather they throw Montgomery out there.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Just reminded that Matt Moore went >130 pitches in that no-hitter bid :negative:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
may i ask something to the gaints fans. what in the hell is the deal with that nightmare car in the left field.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SourKraut posted:

However, having Lackey pitch another game this postseason really stresses me out. I'd rather they throw Montgomery out there.

maybe he'll get an "injury" like Hammel did

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Opening final celebratory post game Anchor Steam. Thanks San Francisco for good baseball mans and beer. Please get Hunter to comb his hair. God bless.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cyron posted:

may i ask something to the gaints fans. what in the hell is the deal with that nightmare car in the left field.

Chevron is a sponsor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZiGf6JE-zQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still can't believe that crawford blast missed the railing by 2 inches and only one run scored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SourKraut posted:

He'll get another go.

• Locked thread