Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I bought deer jerky from a guy in a truck on the side of the street once. I'm 90% sure it was mule though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

purple death ray posted:

Old GBS loving loved him and his wacky mod challenges, like "post your tits or get banned" haha what a cut up

the tits thing was axemaniac, not abe, also the tit challenge recipient was found to be underage but axemaniac stuck to his guns on it anyway
the worst thing abe did directly was make a bet that he'll eat his hat if X, X ended up happening so he got some stupid fruit hat and ate that instead

otherwise i think the worst thing about abe wasn't anything he did directly but that he always had a cloud of sycophants hanging around like a bad smell who would smug the absolute poo poo out of any topic he issued a challenge in because they were clamoring to see someone get punished or humiliated
always thought people getting all excited for someone's banning was kinda discomforting and creepy tbh

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I Said No posted:

the worst thing abe did directly was make a bet that he'll eat his hat if X, X ended up happening so he got some stupid fruit hat and ate that instead
X in this case being some guy loving a flask. Scientifically documented, with pictures.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
AFAIK he didn't even eat that fruit hat, he decided he would eat like one piece of fruit a day, and not even get into cores and peels.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I Said No posted:

always thought people getting all excited for someone's banning was kinda discomforting and creepy tbh

The time we raised thousands for Japan earthquake relief just to ban one user was beautiful, however.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

AFAIK he didn't even eat that fruit hat, he decided he would eat like one piece of fruit a day, and not even get into cores and peels.

Nah, he ate some of it at an anime convention and then I think either gave the rest away or threw it out.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/mermaid-shelly/1/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh man... Mermaid Shelly :swoon: :swoon:

Edit: http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/mermaid-shelly/1/

Rupert Buttermilk has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Oct 15, 2016

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Last Chance posted:

is he the dude who said "what" in terror when he learned his favorite homemade type of jerky was being discontinued? cause i thought that was pretty funny

It's important to note that he longed for and constantly requested the "fatty jerky," the jerky with the most fat in it.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
i think it was louisgod who valiantly offered to eat a loaf of bread to help out some moron from the Low Carb Megathread, completely missing how stupid that whole thing was by standing up and showing his support for one of the most ridiculously stupid things to happen on this site

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
if someone has the picture from the low carb megathread where some fyad guy got probated for saying that a balanced diet is good, and then a low carb megathread guy posts about developing some kind of heart condition right alongside it, please share it.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

FishBowlRobot posted:

It's important to note that he longed for and constantly requested the "fatty jerky," the jerky with the most fat in it.

what the gently caress is the point in that? isn't jerky supposed to be lean? :psyduck:

Grandmother of Five posted:

if someone has the picture from the low carb megathread where some fyad guy got probated for saying that a balanced diet is good, and then a low carb megathread guy posts about developing some kind of heart condition right alongside it, please share it.

if you hit the ? under my posts and skim for me asking for the dont eat a carb stuff, someone replied to it with what I think you're asking for a few posts after I asked
e: here you go

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Was Abe the subject of "I will insult you once a day for a month" thread?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

That was a Good Thread. Also the one(I think it was in A/T) about the woman who was a princess-for-pay and did little kid's parties and such.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Scudworth posted:

The time we raised thousands for Japan earthquake relief just to ban one user was beautiful, however.

drat, I forgot about that. Was that the 2011 quake? I feel like it might have been earlier.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

bunky posted:

drat, I forgot about that. Was that the 2011 quake? I feel like it might have been earlier.

Yup, 2011

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I tried like 20 different queries and finally found it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3396040

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Instant Sunrise posted:

Was Abe also the one who implemented the rule where if you posted an thread in E/N, you had to compare your life to that of a starving Somali orphan?

Darfour.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Abe was so funny. Hilarious.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Has Caro updated the blog he had going since he came back?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

Has Caro updated the blog he had going since he came back?

He's too busy re-equipping for his second deployment.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's too busy re-equipping for his second third deployment.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Crossposting:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it was mentioned, but no pic. im pretty sure abe got owned by a 12 year old on twitter, someone post the pic

also i think after he got owned he got super mad and tried to harass the 12 year old

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Trevor Hale posted:

Was Abe the subject of "I will insult you once a day for a month" thread?

This one?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578905

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

JnnyThndrs posted:

That was a Good Thread. Also the one(I think it was in A/T) about the woman who was a princess-for-pay and did little kid's parties and such.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502448&pagenumber=1

Assassin Princess (as was) is the best.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was a thread in DIY I think where s guy wanted to dig a bunker in his backyard, and some guy who an engineer kept bringing up the variety of ways that this was a bad idea. Mainly that the OP was going to die in a trench collapse. Somebody bought him a diagram of a guy being caught in a trench collapse as an avatar along with some snarky text about how he just needed a little help with some of the details. He ended up filling the hole in. I was kind of disappointed.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Yep! I forgot it wasn't actually the OP that did it. I'm also surprised that was three years ago.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The goon zip line was so good. RIP those poor kids dumb enough to get on it

Karupin
Feb 27, 2007

...and that whoever has this crystal ball gets the power to unite the world... Eh? I was tricked? Really!?
I remember that group from Boston, (I think, it was somewhere in the Northeast) who bought an acre of land out in the middle of loving nowhere west Texas. They made this big deal out of how they'd be self-sustaining artists/commune, but couldn't make it two days without going to a McDonald's. I think they lasted two weeks out there.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Karupin posted:

I remember that group from Boston, (I think, it was somewhere in the Northeast) who bought an acre of land out in the middle of loving nowhere west Texas. They made this big deal out of how they'd be self-sustaining artists/commune, but couldn't make it two days without going to a McDonald's. I think they lasted two weeks out there.

Texarrakis <--- google that for real actual news articles about them

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Please could someone link or c/p that well story/analogy for a goon failing to heed advice? tia

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Please could someone link or c/p that well story/analogy for a goon failing to heed advice? tia

It's in saclopedia under "goon in well" and google turns up a pastebin

http://pastebin.com/F83ZG2L6

The "goon in a well" is an analogy used throughout GBS and E/N to describe goons with horrible relationship problems who refuse to take good advice.

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!"
OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
That's surprisingly accurate.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scudworth posted:

It's in saclopedia under "goon in well" and google turns up a pastebin

http://pastebin.com/F83ZG2L6

The "goon in a well" is an analogy used throughout GBS and E/N to describe goons with horrible relationship problems who refuse to take good advice.

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!"
OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."
I like how whoever added Goon22's line to the quote also put in a LOTR reference. Really proving that strawman wrong.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I'm pretty sure 21 and 22 weren't part of the original but they're pretty accurate representations of how GBS changed in the past couple years imo

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Nathilus posted:

New Goon In A Well:

OP: Help I'm stuck in this well

Goon1: Dear Christ, that dude is heinous. Get the boards, hammer and nails.

OP: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MONTRESOR!

Goons (choral): Yes, for the love of God!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Goon 22 is an excellent addition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Scudworth posted:

Goon 22 is an excellent addition

gently caress dogs, epic mounts are where it's at