Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Noctone posted:

i mean i'm not super confident nebraska will win, but i'm not quite pessimistic enough to believe they'll definitely lose either. and if i were i sure as gently caress wouldn't say it out loud to a group of the second fastest kool-aid drinking fans in CFB

gently caress 'em, they know my M.O. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, I feel like I've barely paid attention to CFB this year. drat election stealing all of my shitposting time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, I feel like I've barely paid attention to CFB this year. drat election stealing all of my shitposting time

Gotta hone your shitposting skills in the doldrums of the offseason and then come back to TFF once fall camp starts.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Indiana is one of the stranger teams in NCAA Football this year

How do you go from an insane/exciting/high scoring offense and one of the most horrible defenses ever to a boring/not exciting/low scoring offense and a surprisingly good defense in one season

Aggies did this on the two year plan

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Indiana is one of the stranger teams in NCAA Football this year

How do you go from an insane/exciting/high scoring offense and one of the most horrible defenses ever to a boring/not exciting/low scoring offense and a surprisingly good defense in one season

sophomores/juniors into juniors/seniors?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Michigan fan calls Indiana offense "boring"

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Alaois posted:

Harbaugh's offense actually isn't boring.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alaois posted:

Comparatively to last year when they could casually score 40 points and lose, I'd say it's a lot more boring!

it looks like the only real difference is that they aren't running the ball nearly as well. I was pretty surprised with how strong their passing numbers actually are

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Aggies did this on the two year plan

I still can't understand why LSU let Chavis get away.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Comparatively to last year when they could casually score 40 points and lose, I'd say it's a lot more boring!

it looks like the only real difference is that they aren't running the ball nearly as well. I was pretty surprised with how strong their passing numbers actually are

Jordan Howard was loving amazing.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noctone posted:

i mean i'm not super confident nebraska will win, but i'm not quite pessimistic enough to believe they'll definitely lose either. and if i were i sure as gently caress wouldn't say it out loud to a group of the second fastest kool-aid drinking fans in CFB

Who is 1st cuz I can think of a lot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That's what happens when Jordan Howard graduates. That dude was a loving bulldozer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
IU had Tevin Coleman, who should have been a Heisman contender, and Howard back to back, which is pretty hard for a school like IU to keep going. They also lost some really good linemen and a good QB (even last year there was a noticeable drop off when Sudfeld got hurt, although they somehow still nearly beat OSU because CHAOS TEAM). The offense falling off a cliff is pretty easy to explain although I kinda still thought it might be good going into the year just because of Kevin Wilson. I have no idea how the defense suddenly became above average after years of being trash

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Scarf posted:

Who is 1st cuz I can think of a lot

those inveterate assholes notre dame

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Duke/Louisville has been a good first quarter.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I went ahead and made a GDT thread.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

tactlessbastard posted:

I still can't understand why LSU let Chavis get away.

He wanted his new contract guaranteed independent of Les Miles employment. He also just plain wanted to leave because he was tired of watching the offense hang his defense out to dry.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So with Nevada approving the crazy $750 million stadium on the Strip, UNLV is going to get to play in a crazy new stadium in 2020.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Korranus posted:

So with Nevada approving the crazy $750 million stadium on the Strip, UNLV is going to get to play in a crazy new stadium in 2020.

Let the renaissance begin

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Korranus posted:

They'll still be bad

Wait, we might have a new HC by then so maybe we won't be quite as bad (we'll still be as bad)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Today in Jim Harbaugh does a thing, he proclaimed one teenage girl to be more popular than several other teenage girls.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

big money big clit posted:

He wanted his new contract guaranteed independent of Les Miles employment. He also just plain wanted to leave because he was tired of watching the offense hang his defense out to dry.

Well, now they don't have either and A&M is tearing it up with a powerful defense.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

tactlessbastard posted:

Well, now they don't have either and A&M is tearing it up with a powerful defense.

I think his departure was mutual though. Chavis gets a fresh team with good talent. LSU gets to stop having prevent defense any time it's the 4th quarter

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

tactlessbastard posted:

I mean it's early days and they haven't played the toughest schedule, but LSU is currently ahead of A&M in both total defense and scoring defense. Aranda is no slouch. It's not like LSU's last year and a half would have looked much different with Chavis.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

This NCSU is cool and boring at the same time

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big money big clit posted:

I mean it's early days and they haven't played the toughest schedule, but LSU is currently ahead of A&M in both total defense and scoring defense. Aranda is no slouch. It's not like LSU's last year and a half would have looked much different with Chavis.

It worked out fine for LSU because they could throw a lot of money at another great DC but the point stands that Chavis is a great DC who has now caught unnecessary poo poo from two different SEC fanbases

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

This NCSU is cool and boring at the same time

NC State are the most generic program in college football

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Its also like the first time in a decade NCSU doesnt have a really capable QB at the helm

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Wanna see 3rd and 50 for Clemson

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

It worked out fine for LSU because they could throw a lot of money at another great DC but the point stands that Chavis is a great DC who has now caught unnecessary poo poo from two different SEC fanbases

Well yea, but he's not gone because of the fans, he's gone because he wanted out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
College player panhandling for gameday

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17799739/nigel-hayes-wisconsin-badgers-carries-sign-asking-money-college-gameday

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Death to dabo sweeney

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
FIRE THAT KICKER

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Hot Takes this generated were loving horrible

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

The Hot Takes this generated were loving horrible

To be fair, the very act is kind of a hot take, if not necessarily a wrong one

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Fire David Beaty and replace him with... gently caress if I know.

Just... a loving worthless trash program.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Huskers are natty bound.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big juicy nectarine posted:

Fire David Beaty and replace him with... gently caress if I know.

Just... a loving worthless trash program.

I am curious what good you think that would do

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

I am curious what good you think that would do

Yeah, Beaty's unproven but he was left with virtually nothing. The fact that they showed signs of life against Tech and TCU is encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah Kansas is very bad but Weis left them in a position worse than a lot of programs who get punished by the NCAA. Also it isn't like there's a rich history to bring recruits in and turn things around quickly.

Beaty might be bad but it's impossible to know until he's been there 4 years or so.

• Locked thread