Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Struggled to find a decent source image, you'd have thought it would be an easy thing to find :shrug:

ahahahaha :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cold Old posted:

Was it so much that, or did the deposit have some stipulations with it as well? So you don't get a Shane Douglas throwing the belt in the trash for a rival promotion or put the belt on a guy who then proceeds to gently caress off to Japan for a year. My guess the deposit was more of an insurance policy on how the champion fulfilled his obligation then coverage on the actual belt itself.

The deposit basically worked that way. It made sure the champion would do dates he was booked for and not drop the belt for quickie reigns overseas (which champions did anyway.) The NWA and AWA were hardly groups that were worried about the cost of the physical belt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave was told that TNA will probably have to file for bankruptcy. But they probably won't for a while as Dixie doesn't want to look bad...

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

rovert posted:

Dixie doesn't want to look bad...
Well she's about seven years too late to do anything about that now.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

rovert posted:

Dave was told that TNA will probably have to file for bankruptcy. But they probably won't for a while as Dixie doesn't want to look bad...
It always confuses me as to who Dixie thinks doesn't already know she's a moron. I mean, if she doesn't want to look bad in front of wrestling people, they know enough about her to know she's an idiot. And if it's non-wrestling business people, they aren't going think highly of someone going into wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Revenant Threshold posted:

It always confuses me as to who Dixie thinks doesn't already know she's a moron. I mean, if she doesn't want to look bad in front of wrestling people, they know enough about her to know she's an idiot. And if it's non-wrestling business people, they aren't going think highly of someone going into wrestling.

Dixie's really dumb. The scope of people and entities TNA hasn't paid is so comprehensive she could issue her own currency.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dixie would have looked a lot less dumb if she just sold it when she had the chance instead of holding on until everyone and their mother was suing them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dixie lost the right to save face when she brought in Hulk Hogan and Eric Bichoff

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: ANOTHER old ONE :siren:

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/tna-allegedly-owes-more-money-another-lawsuit-unearthed-222991

dave posted:

Another lawsuit for unpaid bills against TNA Entertainment, filed over the summer, was by American Express Travel Related Services Company for unpaid bills.

American Express filed suit in the Supreme Court in the state of New York on July 20th claiming nonpayment of $269,049.50 in travel related expenses. The claim is the company used their American Express Corporate account to charge various items and American Express was not paid.

The claim is that the company agreed to payments on the receipt of monthly billing statements as well as to pay court costs if the case went to court. It claimed the agreement included that the defendants were to pay all reasonable costs when it came to American Express collecting the money owed, including finance charges and delinquency frees.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hahah, they're so hosed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's amazing how long this company has actually survived so long. They don't pay their bills, taxes, talent, or production people... it's incredible.

Though I'm expecting them to announce they've just signed Bram to a new multi-year contract to carry the company into the future. Seems to be what they always do when people accuse them of being broke.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The impressive part is that they don't pay anyone anything and yet still have no money.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Keep landing on those hotels, Dixie.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

I would put good money on this being "after thanksgiving with her parents."

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
TNA will outlive Something Awful LLC.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

The impressive part is that they don't pay anyone anything and yet still have no money.

If you have no income and never actually pay out to anyone, are you even legally allowed to call yourself a business?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Not realizing Dave was sent the same stuff as me I got my article up right after his: http://www.sescoops.com/tna-sued-for-defaulting-on-its-american-express-bill/

Includes the complaint and notice of service.

Is it me or is it weird that the complaint doesn't say how long TNA was delinquent?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gavok posted:

Keep landing on those hotels, Dixie.

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

Is it me or is it weird that the complaint doesn't say how long TNA was delinquent?

Not really that weird, the pertinent issue is that they are delinquent.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

DJExile posted:

Not really that weird, the pertinent issue is that they are delinquent.
But HOW DELINQUENT WERE THEY?!?!?

seriously though they very obviously use a template and insert the name of the account/amount they owe.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

But HOW DELINQUENT WERE THEY?!?!?

seriously though they very obviously use a template and insert the name of the account/amount they owe.

I'd imagine that will come out soon enough. Far as these things go the main things the courts care about are being delinquent at all, and the overall amount. Once that amount owed hits a certain level I'd imagine that triggers the suit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA is now up to stiffing state governments and major corporations. Does Dixie have any pets?

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Any realistic possibility that Dixie goes to jail for any of this?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Burt Buckle posted:

none

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Burt Buckle posted:

I think the only way that might happen is if she's called to testify during a lawsuit, and gets caught committing perjury.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

what if dixie tried to prove she's financially responsible by saving money on a lawyer and representing herself in court

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Burt Buckle posted:

Not for anything we currently know about but it's TNA so we'll probably find out next week that she was managing to launder money without having any.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Burt Buckle posted:

Depends. Has she rolled doubles twice already?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mearn posted:

Not for anything we currently know about but it's TNA so we'll probably find out next week that she was managing to launder money without having any.

even worse...she's why Tennessee's favorite halloween candy is candy corn

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Revenant Threshold posted:

In Dixie's mind she is a savvy business woman working hard and doing multi-milliondollar deals to keep her business alive. She is media savvy, (I mean she can send an email, just not necessarily to the right people), and has the contacts in the business, (Russo and Jarrett count right?), to attract the big relevant stars, (Hogan and Bischoff) and an international reach, (The Shera Shuffle is HUGE in India, a big foreign country). Also it was fun being on screen, and she got to show off her acting range.

She is a delusional coddled princess. All the mistakes, neglect, insanity, and downright bad business practice, she would wave away as bad luck, and circumstantial.

I have no doubt when TNA is dragged from her hands byu the government because she didn't pay her taxes, (or workers, or creditors, or honour contracts etc.), she will still claim to have run a successful wrestling company, and will put it on her resume next to "PR company in Nashville with no country music clients".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burt Buckle posted:

I am quite sure she has been using company money for personal stuff and will have a bunch of her crap repo-ed in hilarious fashion.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the only way that might happen is if she's called to testify during a lawsuit, and gets caught committing perjury.

I hope we get Dixie Carter on the stand trying to explain the difference between Dixie Carter the real person and Dixie Carter the character. And failing completely.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I hope we get Dixie Carter on the stand trying to explain the difference between Dixie Carter the real person and Dixie Carter the character. And failing completely.

And I hope we get star witness Jesse Sorensen at some point (don't ask me how that would work).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Endless Mike posted:

The real Dixie has been on the stand. She compared her fan base to the 40 year old virgin.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Dixie Carter has a ten inch penis

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burt Buckle posted:

Debtors' prison isn't really a thing anymore outside of failing to pay court fees / restitution.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Maybe not prison, but if she is found culpable in multiple frauds/non payments/contract issues, can she be legally restricted from being CEO of a corporation, or involved in the boardroom of a business or something along those lines?

I don't know how financial law works.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Is Dixie dumb enough to allow the corporate veil to be pierced? Probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If it comes to that her parents will bail her out.

• Locked thread