Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
oh no :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

kuroiXiru posted:

They were twin assassins who worked for Zilla in Shadow Warrior 1.

I remember because they were on the ship level, which is easily the most boring one in the entire game.

They're also in the first mission of SW2 - they inject Kamiko and somehow end up on the top floor when Wang gets to her.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

their timeline in 2 is super baffling and another example of everything being stilted and weird

first they're working for zilla and doing experiment poo poo

then they somehow end up not in the lab and...unable to get to you when you free kamiko????

then fast forward a few acts and they suddenly start hanging out in your place with some note of 'i guess we're on the same side now' which makes literally no sense

and then, you do their quest chain, and of course they get killed off in a super anticlimactic way like the writers just wanted to get rid of them entirely and got tired of including them in some way despite the fact that they chose to include them in the first place

?????????????????

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

They're also in the first mission of SW2

I somehow didn't realize that was them, even though I played the first mission twice already. :downs:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hey Zagrod, I fell in a hole

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hey Zagrod/FWH, you guys ought to check out DOOM's new arcade mode

something similar to that would absolutely rule for this game, maybe as part of a dlc expansion :wink:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

something similar to that would absolutely rule for this game, maybe as part of a dlc expansion :wink:

I second this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Yeah especially if you could compete with your friends for points, and have a constant leaderboard among yourselves in co-op

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd want a smash tv-style arena thing where the player starts with a melee weapon and guns with a set amount of ammo will pop up all over the place so you have to keep picking up new weapons to get more ammo

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 20, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

something SmashTV esque was the first thing that came to my mind too

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'd want a smash tv-style arena thing where the player starts with a melee weapon and guns with a set amount of ammo will pop up all over the place so you have to keep picking up new weapons to get more ammo

This is literally in SW1. It was really great, because you regularily got skill points, money and ki crystals so you could try to get a high score with different builds.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Is there a skill that reduces the time it takes to get up from high falls?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SinineSiil posted:

Is there a skill that reduces the time it takes to get up from high falls?
There is an action to speed up falling and go into a roll when you hit the ground, its Control on KB+M. I don't know about controllers but there is a tutorial for it in the Wangpedia that should tell you the button.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's R3 (or L3? I forget) for controllers I think.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I love just exploring a level after a mission (having the choice to opt to go back to the hub when you finish a mission is pretty great), finding a new Boss, slogging it out and picking up a gloriously garish new superweapon from amongst their meaty chunks. I practically squealed when I got the Agent of Chaos, immediately slapped in all my ammo-saving gems, and had a new best friend (even though I've still usually got the Ninja Touch amulet which makes it -30% less powerful, it still shreds).

Hell, one of the only "complaints" I have with the game is that there are just too many loving weapons, it's hard to choose a favorite loadout. I just found the Ghidorah, and now it's hard to wean myself away from the any of the 'spinny' melee weapons- the multi-hit power attacks are just too good for a crit build. I think I'm sitting at something like +382% crit damage and like +28% chance to crit at the moment, anything that isn't an elite, hardened, or has physical resist gets torn to shreds almost instantaneously, it's glorious. Basically, my strategy has become "Kill everything with melee, have one or two 100% elemental weapons for when some rear end in a top hat with physical resist/hardened shows up".

I've also almost completely ignored any of the rocket/grenade launchers, they've all felt pretty anemic - the enemies move too fast/teleport to line up a shot that will take out a group, the blast radius is relatively small, and the reload time is pretty long. A single well-slotted shotgun blast from cerberus will do more damage than a rocket launcher, anyway.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

There is an action to speed up falling and go into a roll when you hit the ground, its Control on KB+M. I don't know about controllers but there is a tutorial for it in the Wangpedia that should tell you the button.
I'm aware of that, it only gets me down faster, getting up is still as as slow as ever.
I assume there isn't anything like that then.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SinineSiil posted:

I'm aware of that, it only gets me down faster, getting up is still as as slow as ever.
Nope.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Horde mode please! Randomized waves with a randomized arena would own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SinineSiil posted:

I assume you're holding control to do the roll instead of just hitting it, right? Because imo getting up from the roll is pretty fast.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I assume you're holding control to do the roll instead of just hitting it, right? Because imo getting up from the roll is pretty fast.

Yes, it feels the same to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hmm, in that case try double jumping just before landing, it skips the animation and you can dash in the air to get immediately back to running speed.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

I don't think anyone proofread the english text for Shadow Warrior 2, or even ran a spell-checker. Even the configuration menus had misspellings (e.g. Triple buffering...) I think I caught like 10-20 misspelled words in a single playthrough.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Shadow Warrior 2 has a lot of spelling mistakes in the english text - I counted maybe 8-10 in a single playthrough of the game. I'm not sure if anyone proofread, there's even a bunch of words on the configuration menus that are misspelled.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

strenghts

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Zagrod posted:

Quick non-scientific poll:

2) (For people playing on Insane) - was the game difficult enough? Too easy or too hard?

I felt survivability was a bit too good even with zero defense oriented gems or skills. Not dying all the time is actually fun, but you really can take a lot of punishment and you have a pretty good time window to fall back and heal in almost all situations. Weirdly enough, certain enemies like the bell dude and tumors were a one hit kill slog over and over again. A lot harder than the rest of the other enemies. So maybe balance enemy damage a bit?

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

I really should take a look at the localization files, shouldn't I? :negative:

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I'll be sure to discuss it with People In Charge™, thanks!

SinineSiil posted:

Hey Zagrod, I fell in a hole

Seems to be fixed in the latest build, but if you fall there again be sure to tell me that I'm a dunce

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Zagrod posted:

1) Did you guys meet this monster during the game?

2) (For people playing on Insane) - was the game difficult enough? Too easy or too hard?
I've gone through the campaign 3 times at this point and I've literally never seen this monster.

I think Insane only gets easy when you get the right stuff that make you do absurd damage and life drain but I also think instead of adjusting Insane difficulty there should just be a 5th & 6th difficulty :D

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Alternatively, a custom difficulty where you can set the loot amount, boss amount, death penalty, enemy damage and HP, etc. Maybe with achievements disabled.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Zagrod posted:

I know I saw that name on a health bar at some point, but it was during a big firefight and I really couldn't make heads or tails of anything. I was more focused on staying alive at that point. I don't think it worked, because I don't seem to have a Puker in my Wanglopedia.

After playing more multiplayer, I really wish they had high-tier versions of the lower-end weapons. I love my Triad, but there's no reason for me to ever use it now that I have the Jigoku. Likewise, the Arm of Orochi has goddamn Force Waves every time you swing it. That's it. Nothing limits it, you just go nuts.

I was thinking you could do something like give some of the guns innate gem properties, without actually using up gem slots. Maybe give the guns with multibarrels visually multibarrels functionally, give one of the crossbows the detonator, apply the Vanish effect on Sword of Exile to regular attacks instead of just specials.

Does anyone else feel this way, or should I just get over it and live with using the same handful of weapons now that I'm at the endgame, such as it is?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Honestly both the triad and the sidekicks are the guns that I use the most, even with later stuff.

I also don't even bother with the arm of orochi all that much either. I stick to the crim swords or use best buddy's sword.

Edit: phone autocorrect

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 21, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

shotguns have listed radius effect or whatever it's called, something that explosive weapons have as well, which seems to give it literal aoe damage capabilities beyond simple pellet spread
they work like shotguns from Payday 2 except the shotguns actually deal damage

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Some day someone in video games will discover what a slug does.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Firstkind posted:

Some day someone in video games will discover what a slug does.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 did and... oh, these were glorious days. :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

So hitting with 1 pellet does no less damage than hitting with 8?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Digirat posted:

So hitting with 1 pellet does no less damage than hitting with 8?

As far as I can tell, SW2 shotguns are literally just a cone AoE with very severe damage dropoff, so yeah.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I like this game but here's a list of gripes that could be easily fixed.

I wish I didn't have to spend half my skill points just to be able to fire guns for more than 30 seconds. Waaaay too many ammo types. Also shotgun ammo increases with heavy if you didn't notice. Also 10 % increases on guns that have an ammo pool of like, 20 are extremely small. Much less satisfying to upgrade than bullets.

The dps count seems weird to me. My explosive pistol one shots everything but guns with higher dpses don't seem to be nearly as effective.

There needs to be a sort by dps option for gems. Nobody wants to spend time loving about after every level.

Do you still have to take gems out of guns before you can add them in from the upgrade menu? Couldn't see a way to swap them in.

Chi mastery does break the game but in a really boring way. The chi powers aren't worth spamming anyway.

There needs to be a way to stat or spec to decrease charge times on your sword skills. And that force slash skill doesn't get any more power boosts so it's worthless, woo a wider projectile?! Take that 800 damage railgun!

What the hell is wrong with the hp on those tumor things? They're no fun to fight.

Pick up radius should be combined with something else. Nobody likes spending points on making the game less annoying. Also loot flies all over the place and gets stuck in the scenery, as do enemies from time to time.

Elemental damage conversion and resistances are not explained anywhere. Why do I want my sword to be 80% elemental? Which enemies am I debuffing with my 20% elemental debuff? All of them or just the ones that say immune etc?

There's no info about vulnerability either. Should I be going for lower dps gems with better elemental effects? Give me some info, game!

Give me a one button shortcut to any docs I pick up. There are so many I can't be bothered to go find new ones in the menu.

Choosing between 30% swords or 50% guns isn't fun. At all. The guns are amazing and the swords are amazing. Don't make them less amazing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How the gently caress do you people run out of ammo, are you using only one gun or something?
Even just using 4 guns never runs me out of ammo and using all 8 guns I don't even need to buy ammo between missions.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Spermanent Record posted:

Chi mastery does break the game but in a really boring way. The chi powers aren't worth spamming anyway.

Chi blast is absolutely worth spamming once you've maxed it out and have the amulet and skill that lets it effect elite and superior enemies. I'm up to what I assume is the final mission on insane and my whole strategy at this point is to dash into a group of enemies, repeatedly spam chi blast, and do the automatic spinny-blade sting attack on whoever got knocked down.

The rest are valid complaints, especially the charge time on special melee attacks. When you can kill anything just about instantly on the highest difficulty, you're never really going to waste time charging up vortex or whatever.

One thing that's kind of a letdown for me are the gems that let you change weapons into a turret. It sounded good on paper, but the massive DPS and accuracy loss make it feel more effective to just go in and kill everything yourself. Maybe I'll try a build where I only have one melee weapon and every other slot is filled with different turrets, then start every big fight by dropping them all one by one.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I don't think anyone proofread the english text for Shadow Warrior 2, or even ran a spell-checker. Even the configuration menus had misspellings (e.g. Triple buffering...) I think I caught like 10-20 misspelled words in a single playthrough.

At least it's not missing entire text strings like the Spanish translation. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Zagrod posted:

1) I played half the game on normal, and then restarted on hard and beat it. I did see it in my hard play through. I stabbed it a bunch and it died.

• Locked thread