Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

make me think you're just tunneling him hard.

Quoting this for reference later.

I'm off :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Aaaaaah, big games!!!

This is a lot of posts.

What have I missed, fill me in~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is Inf tunneling someone cause he did that last shine game and he was scum then

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Mr. F! posted:

Nothing he's done is actually bad.

He's posted emotionally when asked about a throwaway guess he made for the game.

Here's how I perceive the misunderstand between infinitum and the thread w/r/t multiple factions.

Infinitum makes an offhanded comment that he's not super serious about, just a random speculation. All of a sudden his random speculation is getting attacked. From his perspective he's getting attacked for some random offhanded comment he made, and being called scum for it. Infinitums anger, in my estimation, came from the impossibility of arguing against that kind of attack from somber. Like Sombers positing that he has information about the setup coming from him being scum. How do you defend yourself from such a claim? You can't. It's a he said she said type situation.

Every post Infinitum has made reads real and genuine to me.

Yeah except I'm not voting infinitum for being angry, I'm voting him for accusing somber of fishing and then gaslighting him. His smugposting about being town since has not helped him. I think you're being really uncharitable to the cases on inf and the reasoning.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Is Inf tunneling someone cause he did that last shine game and he was scum then

No, he's not.

What do you think of this case on jimson:

Mr. F! posted:

Here we have Jimsons entry to the game:

LOL, I'M TOWN, seriously guys townie is posting here.

Next we have Jimsons first serious vote of the game:

This was a serious vote; a serious suspicion. Originally I thought he was joking but then he follows up with his thoughts on the vote:

TQ was picking up steam in this time period, so Jimson wanted to plant a stake in that lynch. Something he could go back on. But then momentum begins to build on inifinitum, so Jimson makes the following post. The above post and the post below follow on another exactly. Jimson posts nothing between them.

See how he unvotes TQ here, while shifting to infinitum, who was picking up votes, but not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. Jimson wants to set up his suspicions of Infinitum. He cant just immediately jump onto the lynch. That would look bad.

Further needling of infinitum.

Further needling of infinitum. It's piling on without voting.

This post reminds me of his entry to the game. Wherein he felt the need to remark on his town alignment.

But I thought you were seriously suspicious of TQ and Infinitum being on a team? Has TQ's original "scummy" post that you were jumping on now no longer scummy?

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Quoting this for reference later.

I'm off :toot:

You're just

Your only purpose is trying to make me mad in this post.

I don't get it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

He was positing that TQ and Inf were scum together, and yet he unvoted TQ to ask inf questions. That makes no sense.

This is the part that is more questionable to me, rather than a vote on dick.

Like Jimson, Inf also has posted repeatedly flaunting how towny he is, so it's a little weird you're okay with one but not the other. I think you're tunneling a bit, but also think this feels like a pretty genuine read on your part. There are legit acceptable reasons to suspect inf, and you seem to be overlooking them just to push jimson.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

Like Jimson, Inf also has posted repeatedly flaunting how towny he is, so it's a little weird you're okay with one but not the other. I think you're tunneling a bit, but also think this feels like a pretty genuine read on your part. There are legit acceptable reasons to suspect inf, and you seem to be overlooking them just to push jimson.

Well, the reason it seems like I am ignoring the cases on him is because I pretty much am. Its not my job to debunk cases on infinitum, infinitum can do that for himself. I am just certain in my town read of infinitum, therefore feel the need to express those feelings to the thread.

I feel equally certain about my read on jimson.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Aaaaaah, big games!!!

This is a lot of posts.

What have I missed, fill me in~

Please read it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

The reason that I feel weird about Jimsons "Im so towny" posts over infinitums is Jimsons just feel so blatantly and forced.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Well, the reason it seems like I am ignoring the cases on him is because I pretty much am. Its not my job to debunk cases on infinitum, infinitum can do that for himself. I am just certain in my town read of infinitum, therefore feel the need to express those feelings to the thread.

I feel equally certain about my read on jimson.

I mean, that's fine, but when people point out contradictions in how your case of Jimson includes things that Infinitum is doing, it makes your scum read on Jimson feel even more like tunneling.

I mean even if you have a very strong gut town read on someone, I still think it's very important not to just.. ignore the cases on that person.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Fair enough. I'll go back and read Jimson again and see how I feel

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Well, the reason it seems like I am ignoring the cases on him is because I pretty much am.

this is not town

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

BottleKnight posted:

I mean, that's fine, but when people point out contradictions in how your case of Jimson includes things that Infinitum is doing, it makes your scum read on Jimson feel even more like tunneling.

I mean even if you have a very strong gut town read on someone, I still think it's very important not to just.. ignore the cases on that person.

You're right that I can gain insight to the posters making the cases depending on their tone and the internal logic of the cases, but it takes so much effort to do that.

Like in this type of game its much easier to pick one person to focus on, especially in the first day of the thread, so you can get the most amount of discussion out of that suspicion. Thats my strategy at least.

Please dont read into this that I dont think Jimson is scum, or that I'm trying to discredit my case in any way. I DID NOT post my case on Jimson facetiously or dishonestly. I believe what I posted there.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Kashuno posted:

this is not town

This is the same kind of argument somber used against Inf.

I can't argue against this kind of claim. You're claiming i'm not posting from a town mindset, while picking out one particular post out of a whole host of posts I've made in this game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
@ Jimson

This would be the first game where I didn't miss joke phase for the most part, and so yeah... I've never opened a game with jokes like this. As for the post where I defend Infinitum, I was just honestly stating that his rude and/or combative nature was just as viable a read of a town infi as it might be of a scum infi. That was all. I would say it's still an open case on him. I haven't read anything that gives me a really scummy vibe on anyone yet, it's still a bit early. I will go back and re-read to see if I catch anything I my have missed so far. Yes I realize that me going back, re-reading and then posting some reads is what you predicted I would do, and tried to put scum shade on that, but honestly I don't see whats so scummy about that. It's as simple as playing the game IMO.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

I can't argue against this kind of claim. You're claiming i'm not posting from a town mindset, while picking out one particular post out of a whole host of posts I've made in this game.

You are so sure of your town read on Infi that you will ignore any information that isn't a read of your own on him?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

DickBastardly posted:

You are so sure of your town read on Infi that you will ignore any information that isn't a read of your own on him?

I'm not ignoring it, just disagree with it and dont feel the need to rebut it piece by piece. Infinitum can do that for himself.

I am just offering that i think that infinitum is town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Looked over Jimson again, but honestly I just don't see it right now.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It's weird to be accused of tunneling someone when its like the second day of d1 lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

It's weird to be accused of tunneling someone when its like the second day of d1 lol

Honestly, I'm sad joke phase didn't last longer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

jokephase is bad tho.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I'm behind 200 posts. Is there any content I missed? Sorry it's date night

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

jokephase is bad tho.

How exactly? (actual noob question)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
alright well, I still don't feel inf is town. I don't agree with mags on jimson or inf. I may not be able to check my phone for the next 10~12 hours so ##vote inf

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm behind 200 posts. Is there any content I missed? Sorry it's date night

yeah you should give it all a read

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DickBastardly posted:

welcome to 'brero town.

i'm probably taking the night off to play board games but in catching up i wish mags would tead the case he's fighting so hard against.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BottleKnight posted:

You're just

Your only purpose is trying to make me mad in this post.

I don't get it.

Try as infi might, he just can't help being a hilarious asshat. It is simply his way

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So I just napped all evening and now i won't be able to sleep tonight! Pissss!

Also I vote for reinstatement of joke phase it is fun and good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

like gently caress it is you tiny bullshit man! i outlined a succinct and clear case with 0 cherrypicking.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
that was uncalled for but i am really annoyed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

How exactly? (actual noob question)

Because I do not like it, you see.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

BottleKnight posted:

Does he not play like that as town? I don't have much meta on Dick.

The problem is. In those scum games? He was making an EFFORT to post like that. Talking about it in the scumdocs. Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with us BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote zimbo for the vote on infinitum

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm not reading any of this. Where's my shine

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm not reading any of this. Where's my shine

Up your butt around the corner all the way to california.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

The problem is. In those scum games? He was making an EFFORT to post like that. Talking about it in the scumdocs. Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with us BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him.

Who's "us"? Are you in a scumdoc right now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

Who's "us"? Are you in a scumdoc right now?

:laffo: HOLY poo poo ##vote Jimson

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

Up your butt around the corner all the way to california.

Hey if I get some shine I'm going to use my useless power on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

:laffo: HOLY poo poo ##vote Jimson

Yeah.... that's what I'm thinking

##unvote

##vote Jimson

• Locked thread