Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

uche by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Digging this one the most of your mannequin stuff. I love those things, it's a shame at how loving much they cost though.

Secret Smiles by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Oh hey, something work safe to put in here.

Jimmy by Jason, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Pursuit (1978)

Soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhCNPxicDA

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
dope

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Haha, that is cool as hell. Especially after I kicked on the BRM 13 soundtrack you linked. Very fitting!

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Night Hawk by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Anne by Jason, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I was asked to do a boudoir shoot for a friend of a friend. The problem is that this FOAF is in her fifties and is simultaneously very conscious of her aging and has a very unrealistic self-image. She wanted something to make her feel sexy so I decided that the best way to handle it was to do it as a black and white shoot with a lot of deep shadows to give me cover for airbrushing out loose skin and other unavoidable effects of getting older.

Some of the shots are nsfw (none of them show full nudity but there are visible nipples on some).

This one was my favourite and the only one I didn't convert to monochrome.

ELA37.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Helen Highwater posted:

This one was my favourite and the only one I didn't convert to monochrome.

As someone who enjoys dark photos, the exposure in a good 60%+ of the monochrome shots is way too dark.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Did my first bikini shoot, and with a good model too! Any ways i could have done better?

Ny by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 25, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Not your fault I guess, but those fake eyelashes are super bad. Actually her makeup in general looks weird to me.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

:wink:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Face looks super greasy. Could flag the direct sun out if you had an assistant there but otherwise there isn't much you can do besides minimize the angle so you don't get those massive shiny areas.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Her face looks really shiny and gold tinted and not in a greasy way but an over abundance of gold shimmery makeup way. Her face looks out of place color/shine/tone wise from the rest of her body if that makes sense

Also in the one of her laying down, theres some odd skin textures going on around her stomach.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I don't get it.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Thanks. Well, i can try to ol' clone stamp + opacity trick on the shine if it's that bad (i swore i did that already). Not sure what to do with her face looking out of place with her body. Color balance it?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You won't be able to do much of anything about those highlights in post and it'll look worse if you try IMO. Same with the golden color that's just the makeup choice; trying to fix that is like using two different gels on your lights and trying to color correct in post.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 25, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

hell yes

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

VelociBacon posted:

You won't be able to do much of anything about those highlights in post and it'll look worse if you try IMO. Same with the golden color that's just the makeup choice; trying to fix that is like using two different gels on your lights and trying to color correct in post.

Interesting note, thanks. I'll tell her to wear less or better make up next time. She was a good model overall, but she's still inexperienced. Maybe i'll scrap those and look for others that are less distracting. I took over 500.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

I took over 500.

what? why?

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

what? why?

Why not? She was hot and i was bored and needed an assignment done. 500 goes by really fast. I just want to move more into fashion/mainstream portraits. The face thing might be my lovely editing too - i'll have to check. I sometimes have trouble getting colors/skin tones just right on black people.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

Why not? She was hot and i was bored and needed an assignment done. 500 goes by really fast. I just want to move more into fashion/mainstream portraits. The face thing might be my lovely editing too - i'll have to check. I sometimes have trouble getting colors/skin tones just right on black people.

I hope the title of your assignment is "500 bad photos of no concept, with a model that doesn't pose well, in poor light: A Study in Why I Hate Myself"

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

I hope the title of your assignment is "500 bad photos of no concept, with a model that doesn't pose well, in poor light: A Study in Why I Hate Myself"

No, it's called "gently caress you."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

No, it's called "gently caress you."

That's a less creative title but at least it shows some emotion and initiative, unlike the photos you posted.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

That's a less creative title but at least it shows some emotion and initiative, unlike the photos you posted.

I'm not sure what your point is or why you're being a giant bitch? I told you i don't normally do fashion/mainstream portraits. This was a late assignment for class with a last-minute model. I just wanted some honest opinions which i appreciated other than "i'm a goon so i'm going to be a giant oval office because that's my only identity i cling to".

No, seriously, suck my balls.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 25, 2016

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Erostratus posted:

I'm not sure what your point is or why you're being a giant bitch? I told you i don't normally do fashion/mainstream portraits. This was a late assignment for class with a last-minute model. I just wanted some honest opinions which i appreciated other than "i'm a goon so i'm going to be a giant oval office because that's my only identity i cling to".

you seem upset. you should try to relax a little when things are getting to you.

i can't see edit histories but i'm gonna choose to believe you came back a few minutes later just for the "suck my balls" parting shot.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

WOODS CLOWN MENACE posted:

you seem upset. you should try to relax a little when things are getting to you.

Nah, i'll just post more of her. Hell, i might just post all 500.

Ny, B&W by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Erostratus posted:

i'll just post more

doubt it

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

You seem really mad that I made fun of your bad photos and then you for trying to justify making bad photos. In the future maybe try making better photos or not being so defensive when someone points out that you suck.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Erostratus posted:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

^^^ ah, golden hour

8th-snype posted:

You seem really mad that I made fun of your bad photos and then you for trying to justify making bad photos. In the future maybe try making better photos or not being so defensive when someone points out that you suck.

come on now, hot takes on people who can't post is very nearly in violation of dorkroom politeness regulations

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

^^^ ah, golden hour

come on now, hot takes on people who can't post is very nearly in violation of dorkroom politeness regulations

Hey, I posted that before his probation showed up on my screen. That's what I get for not refreshing.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

not refreshing

we're talking about HIS photos here, not yours

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

we're talking about HIS photos here, not yours

Suck my balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Suck my balls?