Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

All nomadic conquerors, like Steph Curry and his Golden Horde of Warriors, eventually slow their rampage, shed the traits that gave rise to their empire, and are absorbed by the settled, cultured people over which they once ruled. I believe this is what I saw tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
thank you spurs :911:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Portland shot 68% from 3 tonight and were still trailing in the 4th quarter. :/

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Well, that sucked.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I don't think this is gonna be a short thing and I think you're gonna get really stupid Warriors fans rumbling and grumbling as they probably go like 13-7 in their first 20.

I made $100 off one of my regulars at work tonight taking the Spurs at +15 (the line was +8.5 but Warriors homers are the best) and by halftime after they tried to make their run and the Spurs blew it back to like 20, I was pretty happy lol.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

WHat night was it??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrstxuicZk

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Man the GSW hate is way over the top considering the thread's love for a Point Guard who lost when he was up 3-1 in the WCF. A man who literally just dribbled it off of his foot in the last minute of game 7.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Panzeh posted:

Man the GSW hate is way over the top considering the thread's love for a Point Guard who lost when he was up 3-1 in the WCF. A man who literally just dribbled it off of his foot in the last minute of game 7.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the warriors are literally saying that losing this game is good because it's a "refreshing slap in the face" as though losing in the finals when you were up 3-1 and then getting poo poo on by anyone with a pulse all summer wasn't enough of a "slap in the face". Just say you sucked and move on you idiots.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

the warriors are literally saying that losing this game is good because it's a "refreshing slap in the face" as though losing in the finals when you were up 3-1 and then getting poo poo on by anyone with a pulse all summer wasn't enough of a "slap in the face". Just say you sucked and move on you idiots.

What else are they going to say? People forget that it takes a while for teams to gel when they bring in ball-dominant stars. They forgot with the Heat, and forgot with the Cavaliers. Golden State is going to start something like 13-9 and then start looking like a beast. They may as well start the "We have a lot of work to do" narrative now, so when then go on a 14 game win streak in February they can say "We've had a long road and had to do a lot of work, but we're finally the team our fans deserve."

It's a process, brolic. Like Saint Hinkie says, trust it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Also happy to see Kevin Love's 23/10. This will be the year of Love's resurgence.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lockback posted:

Also happy to see Kevin Love's 23/10. This will be the year of Love's resurgence.

ummmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-mTgXRfm8

Have We Forgotten Already?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

They sucked and it's good they got slapped in the face by something other than LeBron's :dong:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Golden state is a tremendous regular season team. I'm sure they will bounce back from this humiliating home loss.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

What's the grey market service we're using this year? New league pass is loving terrible.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol the Sixers AND the Lakers are both on national TV tonight.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheKevman posted:

I don't think this is gonna be a short thing and I think you're gonna get really stupid Warriors fans rumbling and grumbling as they probably go like 13-7 in their first 20.

I made $100 off one of my regulars at work tonight taking the Spurs at +15 (the line was +8.5 but Warriors homers are the best) and by halftime after they tried to make their run and the Spurs blew it back to like 20, I was pretty happy lol.

Yeah, I hope people did not expect them to start 20-0 or whatever.

Of course they did.

Time to watch Jazz-Blazers.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 26, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

What's the grey market service we're using this year? New league pass is loving terrible.

http://reborn4hdlive.org/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Here is the link with my shameless promotion code in it

http://reborn4hdlive.org/en/register/?ref=6da2c407

It's $100 for the season, no blackouts. It was really good last year except for a 2-3 week period where the streams shat out, this year for Pre-season and yesterday its been really solid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol the Sixers AND the Lakers are both on national TV tonight.

Simmons was supposed to be playing which makes this make sense.

Idk enjoy embiid I guess. Sixers should not be on national tv tho.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Kevin Durant is a soft, shook motherfucker and the basketball gods will rain pain and misery upon him as repayment for his treacheries.

Pop forever

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
KD played well last night and he's really good on defense and I wish he was on my team even if I don't like him very much

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Every night I sleep on a pile of my posts from 2010-2016 arguing that Kevin Love is not as bad as a defender as everyone thinks + a 3D printed rendition of this scene, so no. I have not forgotten. But I do think him missing the all-star game last year was a stupid omission and I want him to put up a 25/12 season again to shut everyone up.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Cool Buff Man posted:

KD played well last night and he's really good on defense and I wish he was on my team even if I don't like him very much

I recognize your point is completely correct but I don't care because ~my narrative~

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

He gets out of position a lot and then has to use his length to recover. The Spurs abused him with two bigs last night and perfectly exposed a lot of his weaknesses.

David Lee loving grabbed a jump ball rebound over him which should never happen. So that matters if you're in the rebounding = defense crowd (last night was a pretty good case for that).

He is generally pretty good though and there's few teams that will put him in the annoying positions that the Spurs did. If he has to keep guarding centers/pfs off the bench, though, this could become more of an issue.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

Lockback posted:

Here is the link with my shameless promotion code in it

http://reborn4hdlive.org/en/register/?ref=6da2c407

It's $100 for the season, no blackouts. It was really good last year except for a 2-3 week period where the streams shat out, this year for Pre-season and yesterday its been really solid.

It says $65/season for me? How are they on account sharing?

New League Pass seems worse. I'm sharing an account with 7 people, and I couldn't load Portland vs Utah even though not all 8 were on. I wonder if it's something to do with my Chromebook or location. Anyone got an idea on why this could be happening?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

KD did get 10 boards last night, so harping on him about missing one is maybe a bit unfair.

KD isn't a great lockdown guy, he's at his best when you can stick him on someone relatively non-explosive and let him roam and switch when his length will pester someone. His defense can really help a team, but yeah. If he plays a lot of 4 I think it will hurt against a lot of teams.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

rngd in the womb posted:

It says $65/season for me? How are they on account sharing?

New League Pass seems worse. I'm sharing an account with 7 people, and I couldn't load Portland vs Utah even though not all 8 were on. I wonder if it's something to do with my Chromebook or location. Anyone got an idea on why this could be happening?

Maybe $65 because of the referral? I don't know! I don't know how account sharing works with them, but they do log you off every few days so I am guessing they try to prevent people from doing it....

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
How legit are these Nerlens Noel to Warriors rumors?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

who the hell would the Warriors trade back? would Nerlens Noel even help them? he's also having another (minor) knee surgery right now...

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He gets out of position a lot and then has to use his length to recover. The Spurs abused him with two bigs last night and perfectly exposed a lot of his weaknesses.

David Lee loving grabbed a jump ball rebound over him which should never happen. So that matters if you're in the rebounding = defense crowd (last night was a pretty good case for that).

He is generally pretty good though and there's few teams that will put him in the annoying positions that the Spurs did. If he has to keep guarding centers/pfs off the bench, though, this could become more of an issue.

They struggled against big big teams last year too, the lost to the Pistons, they lost to the Nuggets, I think they lost to the Wolves.

They got smaller, functionally, on defense. No Bogut and no Ezeli which means they need to integrate Zaza's more pedestrian but solid big man defense and maybe even try Javale for a bit of rim protection.

Other than that, it's just a matter of time for Durant to learn how to play in their system

It was nice to see the spurs stay the spurs despite the magic of duncan's hoary old bones being sealed in a leaded coffin. Post and high elbow passing is really useful against smaller teams

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
Since you want us lurkers to reply.. well why not!

Awesome opening night - loved Lebrons killer dunks and of course the Spurs beating those golden fellas.

Looking forward to following Cleveland this year and will probably keep up with Giannis (da Freak), Clipper and Spurs.

Now if only the timezone in Denmark wasn't so horrible I could watch more live games - hurray for early games in the weekend!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

ElPedro posted:

Awesome opening night - loved Lebrons killer dunks and of course the Spurs beating those golden fellas.

Looking forward to following Cleveland this year and will probably keep up with Giannis (da Freak), Clipper and Spurs.

Now if only the timezone in Denmark wasn't so horrible I could watch more live games - hurray for early games in the weekend!

Check out nbahd.com for free replays my Dansk friend!
Just make sure you have all the adblocks

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

ElPedro posted:

where are you from in Denmark? I've been noticing that the game is getting much more popular in Scandinavia/my friends are playing a lot more often. Would be cool to have some Nordic players in the league in 20 years.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Not in the slightest.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

They struggled against big big teams last year too, the lost to the Pistons, they lost to the Nuggets, I think they lost to the Wolves.

They didn't just lose to the Wolves, they blew a 17 point lead with 18 minutes to go at home.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

where are you from in Denmark? I've been noticing that the game is getting much more popular in Scandinavia/my friends are playing a lot more often. Would be cool to have some Nordic players in the league in 20 years.

Hafþór Björnsson Jr gonna get some boards

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who the hell would the Warriors trade back? would Nerlens Noel even help them? he's also having another (minor) knee surgery right now...

Exactly

They are empty

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I still hate LeBron, but god drat is he good at basketball.

What is the rule for goal tending when the ball is above the cylinder but not at the apex of the arc yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bashez posted:

I keep randomly smiling.

• Locked thread