Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

WOODS CLOWN MENACE posted:

buy me dinner? even chipotle would be ok

Ok but no guac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Erostratus posted:

Thanks. Well, i can try to ol' clone stamp + opacity trick on the shine if it's that bad (i swore i did that already). Not sure what to do with her face looking out of place with her body. Color balance it?

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rw4kz2Jk4 (Fstoppers, Free Lesson: How to Photograph and Retouch Swimwear Models)

You're welcome.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I'm the fashion/mainstream portraits

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ansel autisms posted:

I'm mainstream

:eyepop:

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Aww the hug box got its feelings hurt even though i didn't start it, so i literally got probated for being too "mean". Anyway here's some more of her:

Ny by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Caryna posted:

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rw4kz2Jk4 (Fstoppers, Free Lesson: How to Photograph and Retouch Swimwear Models)

You're welcome.

Thanks, that was a really good watch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

would you say you're not even mad, it's funny, actually?

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Nah, i'm just crazy as gently caress and this is just the internet man. Who cares. Post more pictures.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cool, didn't think i'd have to unfollow you on flickr my man but here we are

try to avoid meltdowns and just swallow your pride thanks in advance

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

Aww the hug box got its feelings hurt even though i didn't start it, so i literally got probated for being too "mean". Anyway here's some more of her:

Thanks, that was a really good watch.

#1-- way to focus on her boobs not her face goonlord

#2-- extremely awkward pose, it looks so uncomfortable I imagine you were probably speaking at the time

#3-- dead looking eyes and blank facial expression, not flattering at all. Good B&W processing tho, keep that for future use.

Please continue to make excuses about why you made these bad photos and get super mad. Before you respond please consider that I made this post as a last minute school assignment, my laptop was hot, and my hugbox was on probation for calling someone a oval office.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

#1-- way to focus on her boobs not her face goonlord

#2-- extremely awkward pose, it looks so uncomfortable I imagine you were probably speaking at the time

#3-- dead looking eyes and blank facial expression, not flattering at all. Good B&W processing tho, keep that for future use.

Please continue to make excuses about why you made these bad photos and get super mad. Before you respond please consider that I made this post as a last minute school assignment, my laptop was hot, and my hugbox was on probation for calling someone a oval office.

Thanks, these are "valid criticisms" i appreciate. Her top was weird and i need to spend a lot more time editing it in the first one for sure. I didn't mean to turn this into a multi-page thing so let's just drop it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Erostratus posted:

Thanks, these are "valid criticism" i appreciate. Her top was weird and i need to spend a lot more time editing it in the first one for sure. I didn't mean to turn this into a muti-page thing so let's just drop it.
No, you need to focus on her face in the first place instead of her boobs. You can't save a shot with missed focus in editing, no matter how hard you try.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

HookShot posted:

No, you need to focus on her face in the first place instead of her boobs. You can't save a shot with missed focus in editing, no matter how hard you try.

Oh sorry, misread. Yeah. You're right. At that point it was dark and that shoot was basically done so i probably missed the focus. I was just throwing in random poo poo just to be a jerk really.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

a cyberpunk goose posted:

cool, didn't think i'd have to unfollow you on flickr my man but here we are

Just lol at this though.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

Just lol at this though.

This is the only good one I've seen. Notice how it has things like emotion, engagement, and compositional elements. Please do try to do more like this in the future.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Nice shots my man. Can't wait to see your spread on page 3.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

This is the only good one I've seen. Notice how it has things like emotion, engagement, and compositional elements. Please do try to do more like this in the future.

Thank you.

ansel autisms posted:

Nice shots my man. Can't wait to see your spread on page 3.

I do better with other forms of photography and other forms of portraits, and as i was clear to mention - it was my first bikini shoot. I'm still in school. I'll post more, but they'll be more of my style and higher quality from now on.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Erostratus posted:

Just lol at this though.

you dont even understand when you're being made fun of to your face

i follow most people in the dork room, even if i think their photography isn't great or is still very in-progress, i like to think of it as a goofy form of support. it's nice to know your photos are being seen or at least acknowledged sometimes. i see now that i was misguided.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

so i'm guessing subtlety is probably not the best way to go then

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
If people think your photos are garbage, learn from it and don't make those mistakes again, defensiveness/aggressiveness is not the answer.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
and I would take five-hundred-photos and I would take five-hundred more just to be the man who took a thousand photos each one an eyesore

Dren fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 26, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Dren posted:

and I would take five-hundred-photos and I would take five-hundred more just to be the man who took a thousand photos each one an eyesore

Are you benny or joon?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Get a make up artist next time. Her make up is really bad and really distracting.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i think you should consider taking your photography to the next level, /r/photography perhaps? we're having a hard time keeping up with all this excellent work you're putting out

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Spedman posted:

If people think your photos are garbage, learn from it and don't make those mistakes again, defensiveness/aggressiveness is not the answer.

Did you miss the parts where I said thanks to everyone who actually gave criticism? I only snapped at the guy who was a dick. His response was just as out of line as mine. I'm an aggressive person and like to be a dick back about it. But I'd rather hear constructive criticism than fake praise - that wasn't what I was after.

I thought we were done with this, funnily enough i'm the only one posting photos.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 26, 2016

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Erostratus posted:

I'm an aggressive person and li

Then you should aggressively think about why you're taking photos.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

as in, what are you saying with your photography

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

bobmarleysghost posted:

as in, what are you saying with your photography

I got into photography as a form of self-therapy. It helps me. I get to express myself. I like taking aggressive photos just as much as a beautiful landscape really. To make up for it, here are a couple experiments i've been enjoying, some weird self-portraits that are more my style. The bikini shoot was for school and just wanted to know if my professor would like it.

Flinch by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

the return by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 27, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

The bikini shoot was for school and just wanted to know if my professor would like it.

If he does you should drop the course and get your money back.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

If he does you should drop the course and get your money back.

Dude, he's a photography professor - he's probably high 24/7 and just passes everyone.

Go post more pictures of your dogs.

DSCF0272 by Jim, on Flickr

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Erostratus posted:

Dude, he's a photography professor - he's probably high 24/7 and just passes everyone.

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

You don't like dog pictures? How much of a broken shell of a human being are you on a scale of 1 to your photos?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

I was trying to be nice and helpful earlier with providing the tutorial video, but jeez, that single dog photo is so much better in every single aspect than any of the bikini photos you posted here. The difference in quality is almost surreal.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Caryna posted:

I was trying to be nice and helpful earlier with providing the tutorial video,

I got some useful bits and pieces from it for what it's worth.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

woah good dog photo.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

very good dog, very good dog photo

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

Dog photos that are in focus are good photos. Dog photos that are blurry from action are good photos. Dog photos that are out of focus are good photos. Dog photos.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

good lord dude, I get the photography as self therapy thing, but maybe try some other forms of therapy too.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I've decided to get into doing some portraits, I love landscapes and stuff but I'd like to branch out into something else now as well. Reading up on the posing link in the OP .. thanks for that!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Erostratus posted:

lol making fun of me.

Also you're fat.

dogges makeup looks way better than that ladies

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Well, fine, i'll just stick to posting weird self-portraits then. Sorry about my make-up in advance:

The Recoil by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

A Down Day by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Dani
by Steve V, on Flickr