Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Right on. I've learned today that a friend of mine has cancer. She's my age, has a child. gently caress it all.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

NickRoweFillea posted:

shoutout to boosie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Owners putting the kibosh on expansion.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/report-nba-owners-rejecting-expansion-at-every-turn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

chunkles posted:

"Elevator" Ernie Johnson is my favorite black TV sports commentator

Ernie cracked me up the most on last night's halftime show, laying a blanket over Shaq as he's blocking Kenny from getting to the video screen.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Double posting to bring you the new Spurs HEB commercials:

Origami: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs31FIY_l9M
Fluent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AFvQlp9FS4
Farmer's Market: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfaKnLN4Kfw

There's supposed to be one with Duncan, Robinson, and Gervin but it hasn't been released yet.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Danny Green rolled that r like a pro

The new HEB by me has the barbecue, it's actually pretty good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

NBA is in a good place right now. I know MONEY is the reason they aren't expanding, but I'm glad it's staying the course right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Sonics are never coming back.

Thunder up

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

"Elevator" Ernie Johnson is my favorite black TV sports commentator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMjDU9BrF7U

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Love Kawhi's face of how proud he was of his snowball.

Pau on the Spurs feels like it should've happened years ago (too bad he's been outplayed by Dedmon and Lee so far).

hahahahaha

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Those HEB commercials are my second favorite thing about the Spurs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wonder if the spurs judge potential free agent signings by their ability to act in HEB commercials

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/status/792036959313027072

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

My favorite Ernie moment is this one time when Shaq was like, "I come from Newark, the school of hard knocks. The one and only, Brick City"

And Ernie's like, "Shaq we aren't talking about your free throws right now."

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stealth Tiger posted:

My favorite Ernie moment is this one time when Shaq was like, "I come from Newark, the school of hard knocks. The one and only, Brick City"

And Ernie's like, "Shaq we aren't talking about your free throws right now."

I liked the time Isiah Thomas said the words "New York is not for everybody" and Ernie started laughing really hard at him and Isiah asked "Why you laugh"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wade fined 25k for the throat slash gesture

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

From what I understand the current CBA just opens up the possibility of expansion, not the actual process of expansion. It apparently isn't possible to expand even if they wanted to.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

owners hate expansion

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

owners hate expansion

Until it becomes profitable to expand.

And it will if ratings continue to decrease and Fox Sports continues to lowball TV deals.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it's still so crazy that the Cavaliers won a 7 game series where the Green, Curry pick n roll was going against Love and Irving

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

Love Kawhi's face of how proud he was of his snowball.

Pau on the Spurs feels like it should've happened years ago (too bad he's been outplayed by Dedmon and Lee so far).

it was "supposed to happen" (could have happened) like 3 or 4 years ago, but pau decided to go to chicago because he recognized southern texas for the cultural wasteland that it is. it was a terribly stupid basketball decision that saw him waste the last few quality years he had left in him, but i can see why he thought it might have been an ok one. back then he was coming off some championships with the Lakers, the Bulls hadn't quite turned into the dumpster fire they've become, he probably figured the east was easier to make his mark, and he was coming out of LA where being a pretentious douche was a good thing. now he's finally in San Antonio, but we'll never get to see the glory that could have been a Timmy and Pau front court. that could have been awesome. or a disaster. who knows?

edit: last night's game was a perfect example of how much SA misses Danny Green right now. his defense is great and his offense meshes much better with the starters than Kyle Anderson's (note: kyle's defense is really good too). if we can get a decent 3pt shooting Danny Green back into that starting unit it will solve a lot of its offensive woes.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 29, 2016

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I was thinking about how monumentally lame those "win one for the 'Land" commercials would've been if he hadn't gone and done just that. He's so good that it was merely kinda forgettable and forgivable.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
E: wrong tweet

E2: correct tweet https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/792171458780864512

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Demar getting started early on dunk of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzlutpUF-dE

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Didn't take long for the Pacers hype train to get derailed

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jota posted:

Didn't take long for the Pacers hype train to get derailed

Why do you say that?

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Holy poo poo League Pass is terrible, who willingly pays for this garbage.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don't know if you guys knew this but Russel Westbrook is pretty good

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

KJ McDaniels is real + good

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

KJ McDaniels is real + good

launch corey brewer into the sun and give kj all those minutes now and instead of in march, please

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

launch corey brewer into the sun and give kj all those minutes now and instead of in march, please

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I feel like the warriors should not be <5 points above the pelicans in the 3rd.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I feel like the warriors should not be <5 points above the pelicans in the 3rd.

Have you not watched their defense

I could get a wide open lay-up at some point in this game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Westbrook is god
Dipo will be good
Roberson owns
Please play abrines and morrow Billy
Thunder Up

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm more confused by all the empty seats. I thought the Warriors especially now with KD would be one of those sellout teams that every fan of a random team would want tickets to for a chance to catch them. Shouldn't this be one of the most packed pelicans games?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Metapod posted:

Westbrook is god
Dipo will be good
Roberson owns
Please play abrines and morrow Billy
Thunder Up

the sport of basketball was basically created so that one day russ westbrook would exist

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm more confused by all the empty seats. I thought the Warriors especially now with KD would be one of those sellout teams that every fan of a random team would want tickets to for a chance to catch them. Shouldn't this be one of the most packed pelicans games?

It's going against a pretty big world series game and they don't sell a ton of tickets anyway.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tae posted:

Have you not watched their defense

I could get a wide open lay-up at some point in this game

there's not much to go on for this year yet.

that being said I would love it if they went down 0-2

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's pretty packed. From my seat at the start of the fourth, it looks about 95% full.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Mine doesn't seem to be bad? Nice stream, easy to use.

Are the illegal ones way better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I get it through my cable subscription and it's amaaaaaazing! Canadian so Raptors games are blacked out (but I get those sports channels anyways).

The actual service on pc / ps4 is kinda poo poo though.

• Locked thread