Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

imgay posted:

I'm asked for permission to join and pmom was gracious enough to accept me.

Is this even a signup post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The people hiding behind D1 meta reads on imgay instead of engaging with the game are coming off as more scummy than anything to me right now, tbh. I agree that imgay is a frustratingly zero-content player, but this is an easy way for scum to LOOK like they're making game calls.

Anaconda Rifle, why do you think Mr. F! is most scummy out of the thread?

this is a stickup, who else would you vote besides imgay?

You're both being weirdly careful with your votes.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Podima posted:

The people hiding behind D1 meta reads on imgay instead of engaging with the game are coming off as more scummy than anything to me right now, tbh. I agree that imgay is a frustratingly zero-content player, but this is an easy way for scum to LOOK like they're making game calls.

Mr. F for the weird claim and Infinitum for jumping on the vote quickly. I don't know yet which is more suspicious. If I had to vote now, it would be Infinitum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm kinda retarded but the reason why gay horse is being voted is because they tend to shitpost, right? overall, I tend to agree to kill off non-contributors, but idk it seems very hasty, and kinda mean-spirited.

It's good to keep in mind that if we really have no idea who to lynch that we should lynch a lurker, but I don't want people tunneling on imgay.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

I did more reading of imgay in other threads, and he declares night action results and he votes. Yeah, he's not very verbose, but lynching someone because "He's generally not very engaged when he plays" doesn't seem like a very good reason.

If he's town, isn't there a chance he'll soak a night kill? I shouldn't ride people too hard for making meta cases because I fall into that trap myself, but I generally do it based on how people are playing, not the kind of player someone is.

I agree on some points, in that imgay is practically impossible to read because of his low-content posts, but is he our best D1 lynch?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
full disclosure, I don't have much of a meta read on imgay (or anyone), but gotta go fast left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, and this thread has done nothing to change that. I don't like lurker lynches and the only reason I'm pushing imgay is that I don't feel strongly about any one else. As stated, this thread is very content light even for a D1.

Infinitum posted:

What's standard SA procedure for Jesters? Full claim on your first post like a miller?

Infinitum posted:

Bad to claim flavour after you just full claimed your role :ironicat:

##vote Mr Fuckman

I would vote for inf due to these two posts. Inf doesn't strike me as someone who would need to ask about procedure for jesters, that just feels fake imo.

I think Mr F's telling others to not claim flavor makes sense. I paid close attention to that in my own PM. Although my flavor wouldn't give away my role or anything, I can see why it would be important in some cases.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
hello

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So many white knights itt

Not enough damsels

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would also vote tobbs rn he is being way too careful

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I would also vote tobbs rn he is being way too careful

good catch ;)

There's a reason for it, although I hope I don't have to give it up :(

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I mean his post is like "hmmm who is this imgay fellow, let me read his game history" when he has played plenty of games with imgay as many as I have at least

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Morning chores

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I mean his post is like "hmmm who is this imgay fellow, let me read his game history" when he has played plenty of games with imgay as many as I have at least

I played one where I remember him posting, I think it was the game where rules were suspended.

He killed himself.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm kinda retarded but the reason why gay horse is being voted is because they tend to shitpost, right? overall, I tend to agree to kill off non-contributors, but idk it seems very hasty, and kinda mean-spirited.

It's good to keep in mind that if we really have no idea who to lynch that we should lynch a lurker, but I don't want people tunneling on imgay.

I mean, chores shitposts a lot but I wouldn't push for a lynch on chores d1 just because of that. I think there is a difference between shitposting, not contributing, and not playing at all. For me, imgay is in the latter category.

As I said before, if anyone can come up with anything better, I'm all ears. But to call it hasty? I disagree. There are 10~ hours left. I'm going to sleep soon, and I may not have a whole lot of time to check in during the morning and/or before a hammer happens.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

everyone shoudl claim their flavours and then we vote out the scummiest game imo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

Saw moat's post about tobbs being careful and realized I forgot to reply to this: I tend not to throw my vote after the jokephase unless I've found something that really sticks out to me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

anarc only posts that cuz shes too lazy to come up w/ fakeclaims lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

pop quiz: what banjo kazooie character is cop

double pop quiz: what banjo kazooie character is scum

you probably got the first 1 wrong but you got the second one right as long as you picked the bad guy i dont know anything about banjo kazooie

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

you probably got the first 1 wrong but you got the second one right as long as you picked the bad guy i dont know anything about banjo kazooie

I remember being a kid and wanting to play that game. Never got a chance to try it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

join but im going to post lines of the rule book of mage knight or somethign ever yday

All cards with this card back are Deed cards. These consist of Action cards (Basic and Advanced), Spells, Artifacts and Wounds. At the start of the game, players have only Basic Action cards in their Deed deck

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

anarc only posts that cuz shes too lazy to come up w/ fakeclaims lol

Don't be an rear end to the mod, please. Modding takes way more effort than most people realize. You should know this.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lazy was the wrong word to use

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but nonetheless

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also gently caress you

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if no one else has anything to say for now then I'll ##vote imgay

I'll check the thread again right before I sleep (probably) and when I wake up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I remember being a kid and wanting to play that game. Never got a chance to try it.

I played the first one no others and it was p awesome. Little tobbs missed out

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

if no one else has anything to say for now then I'll ##vote imgay

I'll check the thread again right before I sleep (probably) and when I wake up

This is weak and scummy as hell. All this discussion and that's the most you can put out? ##vote this is a stickup

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

This is weak and scummy as hell. All this discussion about meta reads being dumb and that's the most you can put out? ##vote this is a stickup

Mafia edit. Also settling on imgay so quickly when we have plenty of other lurkers/non-participants in the thread is bad in and of itself.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
imgay haven't even reacted to all these votes, yet.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I played one where I remember him posting, I think it was the game where rules were suspended.

He killed himself.

You have played with him in

The league 3
Molyneux Land
Slasher
Third party apocalypse
No holds barred
Back to basics

And that's all I'm willing to do on my phone rn. I'm sure there are more.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rude

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sorry

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Beginning Day 2 I will be implementing Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules™

Anti-Lurking Rule v3.0:
If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game.
If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts on any subsequent game day, you will be FREELY LYNCHABLE the next day. (Your lynch will not end the day!)
The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline (or based on mod judgment), and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ecco's lurkervig is a p good role just rig your rng to give it to an active player

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i also liked asiinas day actions in ham game (the original) although they kinda dominated the game of mafia b/c at least ppl posted

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

This is weak and scummy as hell. All this discussion and that's the most you can put out? ##vote this is a stickup

I'm comfortable voting imgay vs other nonparticipants based on other games I have played or read. I'm not so comfortable voting the others because they are more likely to participate.

so sorry you feel that way I guess but your outrage isn't compelling. it's almost 11.30 and I need to be up before 5. I'm going to sleep now, no matter how scummy you find it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nice re-framing. I don't care that you're going to sleep, I care that the best you can apparently settle on is a lurker policy vote based on one game. If anything, you come off looking worse because you're not using this game for your frame of reference - so you don't actually care what imgay's alignment is here.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

You have played with him in

The league 3
Molyneux Land
Slasher
Third party apocalypse
No holds barred
Back to basics

And that's all I'm willing to do on my phone rn. I'm sure there are more.

I've played with him in one game where I remember him posting is what I believe I said :)

Literally the only thing I ever remember him doing was killing himself in YPM's game. (he said yell imgay and he died)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

• Locked thread