Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I had no idea what this guy looked like although that name...

https://twitter.com/BobBallouSports/status/793187043341836288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oh...yeah. That's a dude named Breckyn all right.

I am surprised to find out this dude has a Farah Fawcett haircut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The Harvard of anything is the Harvard of nothing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scarf posted:

A few players showed up at Dabo's house last night dressed as power rangers...

:stare:

Oh my god thats amazing I love it. They're like a box of donuts away from shredding those things into strips.

Also forget this red ranger thing, both White and Green Rangers!? IMPOSSIBLE!

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Since Urban left only '12 UGA has sniffed actually winning the SEC Championship. That team had a very underrated upperclassman at QB (Aaron Murray), NFL talent in the defense including one guy who should've taken Manti Teo's ridiculous Heisman spot (Jarvis Jones), all manner of 3rd-down-conversion (Michael Bennett) and deep threat (Malcolm Mitchell, Tavarres King, Chris Conley, Marlon Brown even though he was hurt) receivers, and Todd Gurley (Todd Gurley). It's true that the gameday coaching in the East right now is rear end, and McElwain's the best now merely because his gameplan seems to be "don't act like idiots." But no team that has won the East in the 2010s has come close to being as stacked as that '12 UGA team.

Jimmies and Joes. For as much hype as UT got going into this year, while their talent level was on the rise it didn't knock my rocks.

(I think 2014 UGA would've given Bama a tough test, but they tripped on their dicks so we never found out.)

Hutson Mason had a noodle arm but Mike "run the dang ball" Bobo was an amazing OC (and I can't fault him for going for a coaching gig) and even though they won't, the moat vocal of the UGA fans should be begging for him to come back if he finds some success as a head coach and Smart ends up a bust. That 2014 offense was ridiculous.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DJExile posted:

jesus christ, knock this poo poo off white people

I assure you, the dumb name thing knows no racial barriers. They're just not called Bronco.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My mom's friend is a teacher at a VERY VERY nice school and one of kids is named Fr&ton and you pronounce her name fr-AMP-ersand-ton lmao so funny pls like share and subscribe

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 1, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I assure you, the dumb name thing knows no racial barriers. They're just not called Bronco.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

You can also use "Ma~"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This is the closest I've ever been in my life to wanting to punch a pregnant lady.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
First playoff rankings come out today. I have a feeling Iowa State might be left out of the top 25.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

In her defense, that is probably the least dumb name of those options!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh my god thats amazing I love it. They're like a box of donuts away from shredding those things into strips.

Apparently there was another guy dressed as the red ranger, just not pictured here.

Apparently this came about due to the new "Oculus" built onto the stadium has coaches offices in there, and they think it looks like the Power Rangers command center. They also call one of their coaches "Zordon."

https://twitter.com/SawDiggity/status/793529023565598721

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I like to belive that's actually how she thinks Navy is spelled

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

At UVA every white male or female has a last name for a first name.

I am always reminding of the most white upper middle lacrosse thing to have happened at UVA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yeardley_Love

Murdered by George Huguely the 5th

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Komet posted:

At UVA every white male or female has a last name for a first name.

I am always reminding of the most white upper middle lacrosse thing to have happened at UVA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yeardley_Love

Murdered by George Huguely the 5th

Ain't he a black comedian

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My daughter has a unique name (went with a state name), but this trend of adding Ys and double-EEs to everything, or going nuts misspelling things in the weirdest way drives me absolutely batshit crazy.

Also, the southern bro-name thing drives me crazy. Finley is a last name, assholes, cut it out.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

There is a blog post about this picture and I didn't know that for a long time. It makes you hate her so much more.
http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/2012/01/29-weeks.html

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

My daughter has a unique name (went with a state name), but this trend of adding Ys and double-EEs to everything, or going nuts misspelling things in the weirdest way drives me absolutely batshit crazy.

Also, the southern bro-name thing drives me crazy. Finley is a last name, assholes, cut it out.

You named your daughter Wyoming?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

How is Lakynn pronounced Lay-ken. That makes no phonetic sense.

the mean lunch lady posted:

There is a blog post about this picture and I didn't know that for a long time. It makes you hate her so much more.
http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/2012/01/29-weeks.html

McKinli? Christ

Komet fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 1, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Komet posted:

white people

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

drat it I just watched that movie too...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

McKinli? Christ

How else would you pronounce it? Luh-kinn?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

How else would you pronounce it? Luh-kinn?

That is what the rules of our language dictate.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

How far are we from Zordon being acceptable

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In my broad friend set, "Maesyn" is probably the most annoying. Though I've got four women who need Republican Daddy Figures in their lives so much that they've named their kid "Reagan." (All four have admitted that it's a St. Ronnie reference.) Well, three of them did. The fourth named her kid "Raegan."

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
You guys, Western Michigan plays tonight

MACtion is here

E: Sorry to derail. I know of someone who named their kid Raynzlie

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
loving white people right?

Laykynn and Favre all being pronounced wrong

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

MACtion is here

E: Sorry to derail. I know of someone who named their kid Raynzlie

Yes! Weeknight MACtion as follows:

Tonight:
BG loses to NIU at 8PM on ESPNU
Ball State vs. ROWDABOAT at 8PM on ESPN2

Tomorrow:
Toledo vs. Akron at 7:30 on ESPN2

Thursday:
Buffalo vs. Ohio at 6PM on CBS Sports Network

Friday:
Central Mich vs. Miami at 6PM on CBS Sports Network

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

In my broad friend set, "Maesyn" is probably the most annoying. Though I've got four women who need Republican Daddy Figures in their lives so much that they've named their kid "Reagan." (All four have admitted that it's a St. Ronnie reference.) Well, three of them did. The fourth named her kid "Raegan."

:barf: Goddamn.

Alaois posted:

You named your daughter Wyoming?

Nope. 1 down, 49 left!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NIU is 2-6, BG is 1-7. NIU is a 17 point favorite.

christ what a year it's been :sigh:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

MACtion is here

WMU gets to find out they've been snubbed by the playoff committee while they're on the field tonight!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

:barf: Goddamn.

Nope. 1 down, 49 left!

My dumbass just went "Okay so one down...that's Utah or Colorado and 49 left would be....wait poo poo"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Nope. 1 down, 49 left!

right, i'm fuckin dumb, Wyoming is clearly a boy's name

congrats on your daughter Oregon

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: VT signs AD Whit Babcock through 2024.

V: Owns owns owns. While being primarily known for signing of Justin Fuente and Buzz Williams he's done much more in his short time in Blacksburg and is completely beloved by the fanbase at this point.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

How far are we from Zordon being acceptable

We passed that years ago.

Now you'd have to use Zoerddion or something.

poo poo by the time I have kids, the completely reasonable family names I want to use will be exotic and unique

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Also my first niece is named Kinsley and try giving a poo poo what they're named when you're holding them and watching them grow up. Doesn't even begin to matter to me anymore.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Xyzik. Pronounced: Zai-zik

This is a real child's name. I met this kid at a friends wedding. The parents said they wanted their kids name to use the least used English letters. Then seemed to mash them up into that. Why for the childs sake they named it incomprehensible garbage :iiam:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
All my friends named their kids Liam which is some serious horseshit when Noel is so obviously the superior Gallagher brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sash! posted:

We passed that years ago.

Now you'd have to use Zoerddion or something.

poo poo by the time I have kids, the completely reasonable family names I want to use will be exotic and unique

Horst, Tom, and Adolf will be where its at soon after the Trump's 2nd term is up

• Locked thread