Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You know the Heroine REM is probably actually intended to be a stepping stone for beginners. I don't think it's a coincidence you get a crack at it at rank 50 and like all the 5* rolls have +2 sec move time bolted onto them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Really pushed the boat out and bought a whole one stone; rolled a Gremory which I know nothing about. She seems cool though, esp as a sub.I don't have Xin Hua or Typhon but do have three Pandora, three Akechi, etc

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I keep seeing people putting Ishida Mitsunari's skill on their Gremory leads. Am I wrong for thinking these people are crazy? While a 2-turn haste full board change into x144 activation is amazing, Gremory's base 6 CD skill is so spamable. I can't imagine waiting around for a 19 turn skill.

Skill delay buffer and a board change for the later parts of Arena? You're going to need/want one for some of the later floors and it's not that hard to get those kind of skills up in time if you don't need to use Gremory early on. And if you do need Gremory at a certain point, you're protecting it with a +13 turn buffer.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I keep seeing people putting Ishida Mitsunari's skill on their Gremory leads. Am I wrong for thinking these people are crazy? While a 2-turn haste full board change into x144 activation is amazing, Gremory's base 6 CD skill is so spamable. I can't imagine waiting around for a 19 turn skill.

Lots of people put a long skill on as a skill delay resist. If you are at 10 turns of charge, a -4 skill delay still leaves his skill up. I do something similar with my Shiva Dragon, where I have Mori inherited.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Interesting. I have a max skilled, max level Mitsunari sitting around, I guess I'll give it a shot.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I inherited Apocalypse on Apocalypse for that reason. I wasn't using the other one anyway.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

two_step posted:

Lots of people put a long skill on as a skill delay resist. If you are at 10 turns of charge, a -4 skill delay still leaves his skill up. I do something similar with my Shiva Dragon, where I have Mori inherited.

Well, that's a mechanic I didn't know about.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Rolled another LMeta and another Ishida on my main, rolled a dupe Sitri on my alt.

Now all it needs is like, one of Isis/Hermes/I&I to actually have a fun bad team

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yesterday's roll got me Ronove. So that's nice.

Today got me Apocalypse, any use for two of him or is he points

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

McDragon posted:

Yesterday's roll got me Ronove. So that's nice.

Today got me Apocalypse, any use for two of him or is he points

Inherit him onto himself as a skill delay shield.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

UHD posted:

I inherited Apocalypse on Apocalypse for that reason. I wasn't using the other one anyway.

I do the same thing with normal Gadius on my LGadius. I wish I had Saria though.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I don't really have the right cards for Ronove from the REM But something like Ronove/Linthia/Linthia/Gainaut/Flex wouldn't be the worst would it? I've got AIsis or AOrochi for the flex, and I was going to farm Gainaut this evening if it's worth it.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Would the Dark/Blue Lucifer (BadBadLuci?) be a good inherit for Gremory? Six hearts is a guaranteed activation, and a Grem team should have no trouble healing up to full in one turn. I guess my question is, how worthwhile is a x200 dark attack? Even with +99 attack, my Gremory is still doing under half a million damage, and I just don't think that's going to cut it as a budget true-damage replacement skill. Am I on the right track?

I guess I sort of already talked myself out of doing it...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Would the Dark/Blue Lucifer (BadBadLuci?) be a good inherit for Gremory? Six hearts is a guaranteed activation, and a Grem team should have no trouble healing up to full in one turn. I guess my question is, how worthwhile is a x200 dark attack? Even with +99 attack, my Gremory is still doing under half a million damage, and I just don't think that's going to cut it as a budget true-damage replacement skill. Am I on the right track?

I guess I sort of already talked myself out of doing it...

It is not a good inherit.

Gremory is not a tanking leader, you use skills to deal truckloads of damage to insure a kill before a boss enters kill mode.

Luci's skill does not create offensive orbs and actively sabotages your HP. If you have enough hearts to heal back to full after that skill you had enough orbs to heal to full *and* do shiploads more damage with Grem's default skill.

If you want true damage then lately we have gotten quite a few options. Check pad guide or something. Random stuff like the lovely batman now have it.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

trucutru posted:

It is not a good inherit.

Gremory is not a tanking leader, you use skills to deal truckloads of damage to insure a kill before a boss enters kill mode.

Luci's skill does not create offensive orbs and actively sabotages your HP. If you have enough hearts to heal back to full after that skill you had enough orbs to heal to full *and* do shiploads more damage with Grem's default skill.

If you want true damage then lately we have gotten quite a few options. Check pad guide or something. Random stuff like the lovely batman now have it.

I've a max skilled Ra which that I've literally never used or inherited. I could use that, I guess.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have barely played this since i was donated a starter account, mostly because the amount of stuff is overwhelming and i don't have any clear goals.
I played back when the game was new, until the Hera Descended dungeon released. back then i roughly knew what i was doing, which dungeons to farm for materials, which dungeons i couldn't do, etc. I was also decent at orbing and i still remember how to do that. There was also only like 250 monsters back then, now there are 3000!

I find myself only logging in to collect the daily Pal Points then logging off again as i don't know what to do and i need some sort of goal to be interested in playing these games. I don't really know what questions to ask. I there a web page somewhere where i can input my heroes and get feedback on what dungeons i should be able to do and/or what things i should farm to improve my lineup? Maybe some sort of walkthroughs on the various dungeons? "For dungeon X you need heroes that do A B and C, for example hero 1, 16 and 72" or something along those lines.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I always have some long term goals. Build a Myr team, build a Anaphon team. Uevo my Yomidragons (46 gold keepers and dozens of angelits/Devilits, :argh: ).

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Ineptitude posted:

I have barely played this since i was donated a starter account, mostly because the amount of stuff is overwhelming and i don't have any clear goals.
I played back when the game was new, until the Hera Descended dungeon released. back then i roughly knew what i was doing, which dungeons to farm for materials, which dungeons i couldn't do, etc. I was also decent at orbing and i still remember how to do that. There was also only like 250 monsters back then, now there are 3000!

I find myself only logging in to collect the daily Pal Points then logging off again as i don't know what to do and i need some sort of goal to be interested in playing these games. I don't really know what questions to ask. I there a web page somewhere where i can input my heroes and get feedback on what dungeons i should be able to do and/or what things i should farm to improve my lineup? Maybe some sort of walkthroughs on the various dungeons? "For dungeon X you need heroes that do A B and C, for example hero 1, 16 and 72" or something along those lines.

I say your first goal should be clearing all the normal dungeons. Once you get the feel for things, you can farm King of the Gods for XP. Here's a guide for dungeons by difficulty on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/descendeddungeons

For your monsters, work on leveling up and evolving Sherias. Make a rainbow team. Get Berserk for the Heroes Descended so you can turn hearts into blue orbs to maximize Sherias' leaderskill. Pray you get a Naga so you can use that delay skill to give you more breathing room. Here is a JP template for Sherias. https://game8.jp/archives/50598 The 2nd team is mostly farmable (the berry dragon comes from a gift dungeon that sometimes happens). Here's a Reddit list of common subs you'll come across that might be useful. https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/commonsubs

I cannot remember the discord chat room, but you can find a bunch of people there to co-op. I believe there are rooms dedicated just to help you get carried through places. And an IRC channel is posted in the OP.

There's also https://www.padherder.com/ so you can make a box for others to see. You can link it here and we'll give you some tips on what teams you can make.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So I pulled my second and third Australis on Monday. Are there any viable leads for a green row team in the current meta or is this a bad idea all around?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Australis is a good Machine Athena sub, though the lack of SB still hurts.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

ChikoDemono posted:

I say your first goal should be clearing all the normal dungeons. Once you get the feel for things, you can farm King of the Gods for XP. Here's a guide for dungeons by difficulty on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/descendeddungeons

For your monsters, work on leveling up and evolving Sherias. Make a rainbow team. Get Berserk for the Heroes Descended so you can turn hearts into blue orbs to maximize Sherias' leaderskill. Pray you get a Naga so you can use that delay skill to give you more breathing room. Here is a JP template for Sherias. https://game8.jp/archives/50598 The 2nd team is mostly farmable (the berry dragon comes from a gift dungeon that sometimes happens). Here's a Reddit list of common subs you'll come across that might be useful. https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/commonsubs

There's also https://www.padherder.com/ so you can make a box for others to see. You can link it here and we'll give you some tips on what teams you can make.

Thanks!

I got a naga the other day so i got that covered. Sherias cannot be evloved further (?)

I input all my monsters into padherder, not sure if this will link correctly: padherder

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
EDIT: Never mind didn't read thread

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 2, 2016

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

As with most games, half the fun is asking or answering dumb questions in the thread.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
You can also hop into discord (highly recommended) and chat with nerds about a dumb phone game.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Got my 700 day stones, randomly got a Gremory, and besides the obvious Akechi and A. Pandora subs, I'm struggling to figure out who else to slap in to my team. Would it be better to have A. Vritra, A. Lucifer, A. Loki, S.E Lu Bu, or A. Okuni when he comes out?

I also have a spare Apocalypse I could skill inherit in, so it's also a matter of finding the best base card for him.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Federal Preserves posted:

Got my 700 day stones, randomly got a Gremory, and besides the obvious Akechi and A. Pandora subs, I'm struggling to figure out who else to slap in to my team. Would it be better to have A. Vritra, A. Lucifer, A. Loki, S.E Lu Bu, or A. Okuni when he comes out?

I also have a spare Apocalypse I could skill inherit in, so it's also a matter of finding the best base card for him.

Jize is really useful, has a short base and hits like a truck - all qualities of a good inherit base. Otherwise look for subs with lots of time extends. I'm a scrub so I also really love blind resist. Vritra, LuBu skills are pretty useless for her.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So, Revo Shiva is coming soon. Fire atk and rcv x2, 0.5 per combo up to atk x3.5 at 7.

A. Pandora and A. A. Lucifer are both popular right now, and with Awoken Ares you'd have a 2x/42x/2x team with access to TPA. Any thoughts?

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 2, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
still worse than krishna

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
edit: oops hit submit twice :blush:

although speaking of Krishna, I just took a second look at this upcoming card in japan

:eyepop:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 2, 2016

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Zoness posted:

still worse than krishna

3/46/3 2.25/46/2.25 is indeed technically better, and I would use Krishna, IF I HAD ONE (dinkleberg...)

Don't have Sara, or Durga, or Ganesh. I do, however, have 2 Vishnu, who is 56.25 atk, 3x 2.25 rcv. Fantastic. :argh:

2 vishnu look nice for my Revo Parvati team. Game 8 recommends G. Athena and Kaede, neither of whom I have. I do have 2 vishnu, 2 susuno, Perseus, Ishida, Freyja and Zhuge Lange (who desperately needs a new evo)

Vvv whoops! Multiply, not add.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 2, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

UUevo krishna isn't 3/46/3, he's 2.25/46/2.25. Big difference. Still an excellent lead though once his uuevo arrives (if ever).

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I suck so much. I woke up thinking today was yesterday and had 2 goes on the REM without thinking.

Goddamn

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Funso Banjo posted:

I suck so much. I woke up thinking today was yesterday and had 2 goes on the REM without thinking.

Goddamn

Well what did you get

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

2 silver lovely things I want to forget all about.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

edit: oops hit submit twice :blush:

although speaking of Krishna, I just took a second look at this upcoming card in japan

:eyepop:

Yeah, that's redschamali. Same goodness, double the waifus thus double the price (if the drop rates are similar to her cousins')

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 2, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You still want to Row with new Sarasvati change from 5+ connected orbs to 3 water combos, yes? Considering she gains 2 Row awakenings?

I'm just wanting to be sure I'm on the right track in building this team that I'm not playing her incorrectly.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

AegisP posted:

You still want to Row with new Sarasvati change from 5+ connected orbs to 3 water combos, yes? Considering she gains 2 Row awakenings?

I'm just wanting to be sure I'm on the right track in building this team that I'm not playing her incorrectly.

Correct. Rows are still ideal, you just don't need one for full activation anymore.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
I rolled a pack yesterday and somehow ended up with Ronove, Kaede and Rozuel. Any guesses when Ragdra is coming back to the MP shop?

EDIT: Could someone please repost the invite to the Discord channel?

alecm fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 2, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

alecm posted:

I rolled a pack yesterday and somehow ended up with Ronove, Kaede and Rozuel. Any guesses when Ragdra is coming back to the MP shop?

EDIT: Could someone please repost the invite to the Discord channel, please?

Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

You can also go prongs if you want, especially if you happen to have strong prongers like Scheat and A Orochi.

Or you can even go both ways, with subs like BValk and Ryune.

• Locked thread