Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Radiohead71 posted:

I've done the boss course around the map 2x now. It is a lot of fun. Someone posted this before, but doing this gets you some decent weapons, mods and weapon mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ad71ESo5M

Or just use the map in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

bubbapook posted:

Man, remind me to never ever again contemplate Dragons Nest with pubbies. What a loving shitshow.

Did it last night, the way it worked was everyone stacked healing skills including the med-station which makes you immune to burning and cycled them to tank through the fire damage. Cheesy as gently caress and extremely not worth it for the reward.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Did it last night, the way it worked was everyone stacked healing skills including the med-station which makes you immune to burning and cycled them to tank through the fire damage. Cheesy as gently caress and extremely not worth it for the reward.

Yeah, I don't see the point in doing T4 incursions right now, especially that one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What's the best way to get to 30? I've just been haphazardly doing side missions and encounters that are near me, don't really have a plan. Any point in DZ at 10?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Subjunctive posted:

What's the best way to get to 30? I've just been haphazardly doing side missions and encounters that are near me, don't really have a plan. Any point in DZ at 10?

Do the main story missions as soon as your level permits because they're the best source of XP. Also do enough encounters to upgrade each wing of the Base to max. You can save the rest of the side missions until after 30 and the XP will go towards loot caches. Don't worry about the DZ until way later, there's not much point in going in unless you just want to explore.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Go from safehouse to safehouse in order and clear out all the side missions and encounters in each one. You'll get showers of loot and xp, but also quite importantly you'll get all the supplies you need to upgrade the base and clearing districts is important for endgame activities.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

sticklefifer posted:

I hope 1.5 is a bunch of new radio content that isn't the same 3 episodes of Wouldn't You Know It.

So tired of that doof. I'd settle for an off switch.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Subjunctive posted:

I'm also level 10 and need to run for the safehouses/story missions. Add gooch181 on Uplay!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gooch181 posted:

I'm also level 10 and need to run for the safehouses/story missions. Add gooch181 on Uplay!

Hey hey hey!

I'm sbjnctv, I'll add you when I get home in a couple of hours.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So the first thing to buy with birdcoins are the level 33 Firearms/Stamina gear mods? Which vendor are those on because I'm pretty sure I checked most of the ones I knew about and didn't spot 'em.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Pierson posted:

So the first thing to buy with birdcoins are the level 33 Firearms/Stamina gear mods? Which vendor are those on because I'm pretty sure I checked most of the ones I knew about and didn't spot 'em.
Special Blueprints Vendor, he's located in the Terminal below the Base of Operations, next to the stairwell that leads to the Underground.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Man farming Clear Sky is boring as poo poo.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wow... Incursions are bad.

They would be worth it if they gave you 2 different set pieces of both sets that are offered in the raid.

Right now there not worth the effort.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
lmao, I need this loving game to drop me some accolade kneepads pdq.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Also an addendum on my DeadEye build.

It doesn't work in pvp because everyone just sprints up in your face and runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. It can work if your in a group but not 1v1. It's great for pve though.

Good pvp in this game is bad...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

If I ever go back to Strikers I have the proper gloves.

Holy poo poo.

Also I tried some AlphaBridge in the underground and naturally it spawned LMB but there was a skill jammer in every room so the three or four medics at once couldn't slap down their support stations. Still chewed through all my ammo and eventually went back to the LMG combo :( I'm just relying on Meticulous I think.

But the upside is I've got a loving mean AK at about 212k DPS :haw: Kinda wondering if I could drop Destructive from it, drat thing already does 24% armor damage to begin with.

Do LMGs benefit more from accuracy or stability?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

I think you're better off modding LMGs for stability over accuracy. They become more accurate as they fire, but tend to kick like mules. So they're hard to control but the bullets always go where you point.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I decided to run Lone Star 3/Banshee 3 tonight and even in solo PvE play just running around doing S&D and a couple daily HVTs I'm super pleased with the results. It helps that I got a hilariously good M870 as a drop the other day and already had a great M60. There's something magical about suppressing a sniper with the M60 while walking towards him and them head shotting him with a shotgun.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Shoren posted:

I think you're better off modding LMGs for stability over accuracy. They become more accurate as they fire, but tend to kick like mules. So they're hard to control but the bullets always go where you point.

Balanced is still a useful talent on LMGs because you immediately get max accuracy, and don't lose it because of how they inherently gain accuracy the longer you fire. So roll one of your six talents as Balanced and then you don't have to worry about accuracy and can mod exclusively for Stability.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo.

Also I tried some AlphaBridge in the underground and naturally it spawned LMB but there was a skill jammer in every room so the three or four medics at once couldn't slap down their support stations. Still chewed through all my ammo and eventually went back to the LMG combo :( I'm just relying on Meticulous I think.

But the upside is I've got a loving mean AK at about 212k DPS :haw: Kinda wondering if I could drop Destructive from it, drat thing already does 24% armor damage to begin with.

Do LMGs benefit more from accuracy or stability?
LMGs gimmik is that the reticule bloom gets smaller the longer you are holding down the trigger, and if you're firing from cover it's already at it's smallest so accuracy is already golden. Your M60 has fairly low RPM which means the recoil is already pretty controllable so stabiliy mods are not really a huge deal. I'd be looking at an extended mag, handstop for 27% reload speed bonus, a compensator for a little bit of stability - or maybe the silencer that gives you + crit chance along with the rugged mini reflex sight.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

I decided to run Lone Star 3/Banshee 3 tonight and even in solo PvE play just running around doing S&D and a couple daily HVTs I'm super pleased with the results. It helps that I got a hilariously good M870 as a drop the other day and already had a great M60. There's something magical about suppressing a sniper with the M60 while walking towards him and them head shotting him with a shotgun.

Equip Shock and Awe and Stopping Power for a real hilarious time. Suppress someone, run 25% faster to blast them in the face for 25% more headshot damage :haw:

ZombyDog posted:

LMGs gimmik is that the reticule bloom gets smaller the longer you are holding down the trigger, and if you're firing from cover it's already at it's smallest so accuracy is already golden. Your M60 has fairly low RPM which means the recoil is already pretty controllable so stabiliy mods are not really a huge deal. I'd be looking at an extended mag, handstop for 27% reload speed bonus, a compensator for a little bit of stability - or maybe the silencer that gives you + crit chance along with the rugged mini reflex sight.

Yeah I'm more or less doing that already, though sometimes I just stand up and tank a bunch of hits while resupplying my recovery link with each headshot :haw: Right now I've got a suppressor for 17% headshot damage plus 2% accuracy and 2.5% stability. Seems to work alright but I'm always feeling I could be more accurate.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
The OP has me interested in the game again after not being super impressed by the beta. Should I bother if I were going to be playing pretty much only PvE?

Are there any deals going on right now? I saw some mention of a sale on amazon, the main game + expansion for $25, but couldn't find it (could well be over now).

Edit: If it matters I'm on PC.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 3, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Haerc posted:

The OP has me interested in the game again after not being super impressed by the beta. Should I bother if I were going to be playing pretty much only PvE?

Are there any deals going on right now? I saw some mention of a sale on amazon, the main game + expansion for $25, but couldn't find it (could well be over now).

Edit: If it matters I'm on PC.

I do PvE on the PC and it's pretty dang fun now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Everything PVE except Incursions are fun. Maybe my groups have been bad but I really hope that the current wave-based mechanics for those aren't a sign of what Last Stand is going to be.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So.... Ignore my last post about DeadEye not working in solo pvp.

I forgot that explosive and incendiary ammo was a thing in this game.

And no one stacks exotic damage resistance....

Im nearly one shoting people in the DZ now.

Its kinda nuts. :69snypa:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

hey welcome to the show! posted:

So.... Ignore my last post about DeadEye not working in solo pvp.

I forgot that explosive and incendiary ammo was a thing in this game.

And no one stacks exotic damage resistance....

Im nearly one shoting people in the DZ now.

Its kinda nuts. :69snypa:
Exotic damage is really hard stack without tanking your damage mitigation, you're pretty much limited to 2 piece Final Measure for 25% EDR.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Capn Beeb posted:

Just on this, not a lot discussed in the SOTG, however Yannick was just talking about a PTS for 1.5, where they'll be testing Destructive / Enemy Armor Damage as having an impact in PVP.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The bad news is that the console stuttering fixes won't be out until 1.5. And the PTS is PC only so we won't even know if it actually works. Remember 1.4 was supposed to fix that stuff too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wish intel was quicker to nab outside SnD. Farming it feels wird.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Has anyone gotten a weekly cache? Is it worth the trouble? I never like replaying the scripted story missions if I can help it, and I'm afraid I'll burn out on the game quicker, but I always get 2 or 3 out of the 4 weekly objectives done without really trying, then that 'Complete 10 missions' poo poo is the last thing to stop me.

Especially since I have an alt agent which specifically has to go through the campaign again anyway, it's a bit of a hinderance.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

I wish intel was quicker to nab outside SnD. Farming it feels wird.
Civilians In Need can give out intel, and they need to do it more because I don't need another blue M9, thanks

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Morter posted:

Has anyone gotten a weekly cache? Is it worth the trouble? I never like replaying the scripted story missions if I can help it, and I'm afraid I'll burn out on the game quicker, but I always get 2 or 3 out of the 4 weekly objectives done without really trying, then that 'Complete 10 missions' poo poo is the last thing to stop me.

Especially since I have an alt agent which specifically has to go through the campaign again anyway, it's a bit of a hinderance.

Running the story missions is fun, and doing it again on challenge mode is quite different from the normal mode. A lot of the encounters are remixed so the enemy spawns are different and it's a good experience. Plus, there are unique weapon skins that only drop from mission bosses and you get a lot of loot from then regardless. I think you're restricting yourself from getting the most out of the game, but if you try them and truly don't like them then it's not worth it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Running the story missions is no longer as bad as it was because the enemies aren't loving ridiculous and it's now one of many options to get gear. So "yeah I'll go run that story mission, maybe I'll do it twice and then hell I'll go do something else" is kind of a cool thing.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 3, 2016

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Except Warrengate. I ran that solo last night in challenging mode (against my better judgement) and it's still an unfun loving slog. Too long and way too much effort for not much payoff. Although I have to say I enjoy the new Hudson Refugee Camp challenging mode since it lets you mow down endless amounts of charging melee and feel like loving Rambo with an LMG.

Do the challenge modes scale based on number of players or is it a flat number of enemies? I feel like it's the same amount of enemies solo now as it was pre-1.4 in a group with the primary difference being you can actually kill them fast enough solo now.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Why on earth would you do challenging missions by yourself?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I didn't exactly mean challenging mode, I meant redoing them on hard mode as per the weekly assignments. I'm asking if the cache you get from them is worth the effort.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Playing the missions again on hard or challenging will count toward the weekly so just doing the daily missions for 3 days will just about get you there. The cache is, well, a cache. It doesn't really give you anything mind-blowing, but you'll also get a bunch of loot and phoenix credits from the story missions so if you count that then yes, the cache is definitely worth it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Vatek posted:

Why on earth would you do challenging missions by yourself?

It's fun (except Warrengate) and hard is way too easy. You actually have to think and use your skills intelligently. I roll firecrest and that's the only time I feel like I really need to use my turret to assist, it's fantastic for covering your flank and literally burning poo poo down. The rest of the game I can just steamroll through and blow baddies away like an angry god. Don't get me wrong that's fun too, but sometimes I want the challenge.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Firecrest with at least 100,00 skill power with turret & incendiary pokeball, along with Relentless pack (5% dmg from skills returned as healing) and a Predatory AR is so good. I am just shy of 290,000 toughness but it doesn't matter because I'm never not healing. And most of my skill power is from mods so I am able to have that much toughness & a useable 190,000 DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Apparently, when I uninstalled Nexus Mod Manager, I mistakenly thought it would delete all 15gb of Skyrim mods I was using as well.

Found the drive space I needed to reinstall!

I'll see you bitches on the streets of NYC this weekend.

• Locked thread