Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ted Leonsis went bitching to the Washington Post that the Caps and Wizards suck because he's not getting tax subsidies to run his arena

Never mind that the caps have largely kicked rear end for like a decade now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
is that why a bud light is loving $9 there

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Water wet, sky blue, rich people bitching about the government making them slightly less rich.

Us common folk bitch about taxes too, but we don't run to the press to do it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

Water wet, sky blue, rich people bitching about the government making them slightly less rich.

Us common folk bitch about taxes too, but we don't run to the press to do it.

At least we pay them.

In hockey relate news, Zibanejad on pace for a 70+ point season. Still has awesome name. Still handsome. Ottawa dumb dumb dumb.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sens fans need to find the person who donated that organ and make them sit down and watch Chris Neil "highlights" nonstop until their eyes burst.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

I remember when all the iles needed to content was a goalie. Now all they need is to quit shooting themselves in the dick.

they were a great possession team two years ago because they have/had tons of guys who are really good in transition and at gaining the zone with the puck like Tavares, Strome, Nielsen (rip), Leddy, etc but like you said they were held back by mediocre to horrific goaltending. They got to 7 games against the Caps in the playoffs despite having 4 defensemen out injured. Capuano switched things up to an incredibly passive dump and chase style for that game 7 to avoid exposing the backup defenders to any potential odd man rushes and they got 11 shots for the entire game. But they only lost 2-1, so I guess some very dim light went on in his head that this was now the way to play and the Isles willingly gave up their best asset to play a garbage style that kills their possession rates.

Now they get decent goaltending but never have the puck because they're not allowed to actually hold on to it because they continue to employ a man who cosplayed as fred flintstone once, saw himself in a mirror and said "yes, surely this look will make people think i'm worthy of being employed for a lifetime"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Iodised QQ posted:

the islanders are icing their worst lineup of the year tonight, entirely by choice, and will continue to reduce the ice time of players who refuse to comply with the capuano mandate of not being allowed to carry the puck into the zone because possession is bad

jack capuano remains employed

Regardless, the Flyers literally have a 50/50 shot at winning any game at the moment so you never know what's gonna happen

e: looks like AMac is out for a week now so let's call it 60/40

Vicas fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 3, 2016

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMingioni/status/794282817186394112

Weise was a hell of an investment

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

You gotta feed him oats and grain, Flyers.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
its time

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/794289616618713088

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

tonight is going to be even better than yesterday

by which I mean it's going to be even worse than yesterday, which is good

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

It was my impression that they played well yesterday? Once I got home, I was glued to the baseball.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It was my impression that they played well yesterday? Once I got home, I was glued to the baseball.

Yeah, I didn't see either but my impression from people I trust was that the Carey Price happened.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

this is me talking through the veil of not caring enough to watch any replays or the whole game again but from what I remember Price only had to face a handful of really good chances, most of those shots were junk chances that got through to him and were handled easily. Would a lesser goalie have been scored on? Probably a couple times yes - but there wasn't much going on on the Canucks end that screamed incredible play.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Yaya posted:

Yeah, I didn't see either but my impression from people I trust was that the Carey Price happened.

The Canucks were bad. The Habs were worse.
I watched like 10 minutes of the first and five of the second. Then I left because I figured I should do something with my day.

No regrets.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
This is an aside, but, has anybody talked about how Mike Babcock has really incredible hair?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

goldrush posted:

This is an aside, but, has anybody talked about how Mike Babcock has really incredible hair?
Everyone is too busy looking at his face to notice.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Cross-posting because holy balls

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/794325153786331136

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Rangers own, Nash and Hayes having bounce back seasons so far :toot:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Best Birthday Present

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I like happy Rick Nash interviews :3:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Flyers win a shootout. You know, normal things.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY CLUB DID NOT LOSE A SHOOTOUT :havlat:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Rangers own, Nash and Hayes having bounce back seasons so far :toot:

Boston has some of those too.

...It's not going as well.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DJExile posted:

THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY CLUB DID NOT LOSE A SHOOTOUT :havlat:

DOPS is reviewing for potential disciplinary action.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Yea Andersen is fixed/good now apparently. Pretty much just stole the Leafs the game tonight. Last 3 or so games he's been solid. Maybe it was a lack of training camp and the initial pressure that caused that bad start. He looks pretty good right now. We'll see how she goes.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Flyers are also now 2-0 this season in shootouts :psyduck:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are going to win the Stanley Cup.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are going to win the Stanley Cup.

That magic only works on seasons that john scott goes to the ASG.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
So at what point does Vancouver blow up? If Aquilini demands playoffs and revenue, and both look unlikely because this team is super boring and incapable of scoring, you'd have to think someone's head will roll fairly quickly before the season is completely out of reach.

Also isn't the logic behind not rebuilding the fact that Aquilini needs revenue? You'd have to think at some point he looks at fan reaction and realizes he's losing revenue in the long run?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The 2016-17 Vancouver Canucks

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/794361653928161281

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
YEET

https://twitter.com/SonsofPenn/status/794362784884674564

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Nucks Argument Stadium.

Is one of you @HockeyDipshit? I feel like it's gotta be one of you.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I wish this was real

https://twitter.com/dr_pizza_MD/status/794287263047909376

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Ha Ha!

I am having way way too good a time rooting for my team to lose so that everyone loses their jobs

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/794360448212680707

honestly the OT was a disaster and the Caps were gonna win anyway

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Brandon Dubinsky's ticket to Game 7 of the World Series was stolen:

quote:

"I started getting text messages immediately," Dubinsky said. "They were like 'Delete that picture!' and 'Cover the barcodes!' So I did right away, but it was already too late."

Within minutes, Dubinsky's ticket -- unbeknownst to him -- was for sale on Stubhub, offered there by somebody who had copied the barcode and created a counterfeit ticket.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/11/dont-do-what-dubinsky-did.html

The Indians and StubHub eventually corrected the problem and invalidated the compromised ticket.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Boston has some of those too.

...It's not going as well.

I take it back.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Hockey is cool and good again. Long live the new hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

VJeff posted:

Hey Nucks Argument Stadium.

Is one of you @HockeyDipshit? I feel like it's gotta be one of you.

It's not me, but that's the hockey account of @boring_as_heck, good Twitter joke man and co-host of Real Good Show.

• Locked thread