Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Welp, good thing I didn't cancel yet. Time to throw more money for more characters. :shepspends:

EDIT: drat, this is just like when I being to worry that my packages have been stolen and they show up. Hopefully this'll mean we get all the stretch goals.

There's always a good bump from the 48 hour reminder emails. And I have a sneaking suspicion that if the campaign ends with in the mid to upper 90s range, they'll go ahead and make the Bass box anyway.

Speaking of the Bass box...make sure you've Liked their Facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
And Mega Man Pixel Tactics has just unlocked the last of the Mega Man 10 bosses. Only the 3 Mega Man Killers, Treble, and Bass left to go!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
55 bucks will get me all of the characters + unlocks and the mat right?
Stage select it's called pledge level

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tiny Chalupa posted:

55 bucks will get me all of the characters + unlocks and the mat right?
Stage select it's called pledge level

Add $8 for the stardroids pack and you're golden

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Also bear in mind shipping runs $10, but it should mention that. So it's $73 total.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
All stretch goals unlocked! Bass Orange box is now free to any backers at the $35 level or higher.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jivjov posted:

Add $8 for the stardroids pack and you're golden

I did this but there's no confirmation or option for it so I'm skeptical that it's going to go through without something getting messed up.

I actually grabbed the Mega Man Board Game at retail, it's a Bad Game but did Jasco generally do a good job of tracking rewards and making sure people got everything they were supposed to?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

food court bailiff posted:

I did this but there's no confirmation or option for it so I'm skeptical that it's going to go through without something getting messed up.

Like many other Kickstarters, they're planning on using a post-campaign pledge manager to make sure all your funds are allocated properly before shipping. So even if you managed to mess up the math now, you can correct it later.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Since we're briefly talking about Jasco, how in the hell did they even lay out a Megaman board game that wasn't a deck battler based on the Battle Network games?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
They only have the license to OG Megaman is my guess. No X series or Battlenetwork or any of the others.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

They only have the license to OG Megaman is my guess. No X series or Battlenetwork or any of the others.

Yeah; this was confirmed in the MM Pixel kickstarter. Bunch of people asked if X/BN/Zero stuff would show up. But Capcom treats every sub-franchise as completely separate and Jasco only has the license for original Mega Man.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

My question is how does Jasco keep landing high profile licenses like Megaman, Street Fighter, and Cowboy Bebop. Good games with those themes would make me salivate. Instead the MEgaman game is apparently trash, and the UFS game(s) are so seldomly played I literally haven't heard anything about them.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

I understand that. I'm asking how the Jasco game plays out because I genuinely can't get my head around a Mega Man Board Game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

PJOmega posted:

I understand that. I'm asking how the Jasco game plays out because I genuinely can't get my head around a Mega Man Board Game.

All you need to know is that it's loving awful.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

PJOmega posted:

You choose a stage. You have a set amount of dice that have faces like Mega Man heads, power pellets, I don't even loving remember what else. You advance a space on the stage board and draw a card which is about a quarter the size it should be to be readable for the whole table. The card has a target for you to hit and usually some other bullshit conditions. You roll as few dice from your pool as you think you can get away with while trying to achieve the target on the challenge card (like two power pellets or three shots or whatever). If you succeed you continue to the next space and have the option to keep going with the remainder of your dice pool, if you fail you lose a life. Lose three lives and you go back to the beginning of the stage. When you get to the end of the stage the game changes to a sort of duel mode against the Robot Master and you and the person next to you roll a shitload of dice over and over again to see if you win and get the weapon, or die (if it's even possible to beat the Robot Master at all - there's at least one that pretty much mathematically impossible to beat with its weakness weapon, let alone without it.)

When you've slogged through two stages and killed two robot masters you go assault Wily's castle which works the same way but some of the challenge cards are fights against the Robot Masters (including that unbeatable rear end in a top hat). Then you face off against Wily, who has two horrible unfun forms to murder, unless you backed the Kickstarter in which case you also have to kill the Yellow Devil (the most notoriously unfun boss in the video game) before fighting him.

The seriously weird thing is all the components are really nice. They just apparently are allergic to playtesting or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This reminds me exactly of my feelings about Boss Monster. "I could make a decent game out of the components here, and I drat well want to."

(On that one, the basic fix was simply to implement a drafting mechanic.)

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Shadow225 posted:

My question is how does Jasco keep landing high profile licenses like Megaman, Street Fighter, and Cowboy Bebop. Good games with those themes would make me salivate. Instead the MEgaman game is apparently trash, and the UFS game(s) are so seldomly played I literally haven't heard anything about them.

Mega Man was really the first major license they picked up, and getting Street Fighter was mostly due to the success of the Mega Man Board Game Kickstarter.

Now, them getting Cowboy Bebop, Mortal Kombat, and Dragon Ball Z (even if DBZ is pretty much just for a minis game), I have no real idea. Everyone was surprised when this batch of licenses was revealed/announced.

As for the fact that people never really hear about UFS, well, the CCG market IS kinda saturated at this point. Not to mention that all of the major games have an actual amount of marketing behind them and are from big companies. Jasco and UFS don't have any of that going for them. Almost all advertising for the game tends to be the word of mouth type. With it mostly being the Scouts and Players trying to grow their own local scene and/or trying to start one from scratch.

EDIT: Decided to just forego the long winded post that wasn't really needed and replace it with something more to the point.

Volfogg fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 24, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is officially entering derail territory so please tell me about UFS in the Other CCGs thread?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Gladly.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Level99 is having a black Friday sale and announced Pixel Tactics online. http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=04f7e7faf4142bab287bb1d50&id=d7c0ab28df

Now I can't decide if I should use this chance to get into PT or just hold out to try the online version since my 1v1 time currently is taken up with battlecon.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

It will take them forever to develop it. There's so many different cards with different interactions and they're not very quick at this. Go for the physical version.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Thirsty Dog posted:

It will take them forever to develop it. There's so many different cards with different interactions and they're not very quick at this. Go for the physical version.

If they're smart, they'll roll out one set at a time rather than trying to have feature parity with the card game on day 1

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I was about to bite the bullet and pick up War of Indines from Level99's store on Black Friday sale. But then they wanted $16 for shipping on one game. Am I missing something here? Or should I just stick to Amazon?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

If they go the MTGO route this is true.

They could (re: should) make it all template based which should make it infinitely easier to build once all the pieces are implemented. Maybe hold off on the weirder characters until their exceptions are made.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

jivjov posted:

So I was about to bite the bullet and pick up War of Indines from Level99's store on Black Friday sale. But then they wanted $16 for shipping on one game. Am I missing something here? Or should I just stick to Amazon?

Wow yeah. Prime that poo poo.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

I assume smaller game companies don't have the same shipping bonuses as larger companies. Level 99 is like 3 people or something, so it's the equivalent of you shipping a board game, which is expensive

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Shadow225 posted:

I assume smaller game companies don't have the same shipping bonuses as larger companies. Level 99 is like 3 people or something, so it's the equivalent of you shipping a board game, which is expensive

Even a priority flat rate box isn't quite that expensive...

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

jivjov posted:

Even a priority flat rate box isn't quite that expensive...

It totally is. I don't know if you've tried shipping an awkwardly large box in the past year, but they are definitely in the 14-16 USD range now: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

The Large Flat Rate Board Game Box is $16.35, and anything smaller won't fit War of Indines in it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

gnome7 posted:

It totally is. I don't know if you've tried shipping an awkwardly large box in the past year, but they are definitely in the 14-16 USD range now: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

The Large Flat Rate Board Game Box is $16.35, and anything smaller won't fit War of Indines in it.

Ahhh, I was thinking that it would fit in the $13 medium one

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Yo dudes. Would anyone be interested in some BattleCON playmats? Mama needs grocery money for her niece and nephew.

I have a GenCon 2015 top 16 mat (Argent University) and a GenCon 2015 top 4 mat (Ustad versus Burman). I'm willing to entertain whatever offers
aaaaaaaand sold.

I also still have that full Pixel Tactis set for sale as well.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 11, 2016

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Speaking of selling things, I am running a bgg auction that includes Battlecon: Devastation of Indines. It has a torn corner on the box, but everything else has tuck boxes and is double sleeved. If you want to buy it for the 35 plus shipping instead of the 50 plus shipping, PM me here or there, tell me you're a goon, and I'll work it out with you.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/218146/2016-christmas-short-auction

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I played my first game of Battlecon in months today. Demetrius(me) versus Lixis with ante finishers.

Demetrius: I like the idea of balancing the effects of keeping a token versus using a token. I got to slam 7 power in a single turn, but had trouble keeping tokens beyond that. The problem with Demetrius is that once he falls behind it feels very difficult to do anything respectable. The tokens having +2 power is balanced by negative power on most of his styles, which is unfortunate. Also, I would have liked more movement options beyond Jousting.

Lixis: I hated playing against her. Nothing quite like a control character that gets power and priority boosts with respectable priority, stun guard, and even soak. Lance and Naturalizing both seem like insanely powerful cards. Like, unfun powerful. I feel like her stats should be toned down a bit because she hits very hard for the amount of control she exhibits.

I won with 4 life left. For my literal first time along Demetrius, I'm fine with that but apparently he gets worse if playing with force gauge.

Question : Demetrius Blue style has a reveal effect that says if opponent has higher priority than I do they miss (I think that was it). The order of resolution is reveal effects then check for clashes. If I play my blue style, we clash, and the opponent picks a higher priority move, does it hit? I don't care to dive into the minutia of the rules to figure it out. It reads like a static effect to me, but I could also see why it would be a resolved trigger.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Illusory consistently updates its effect based on the opponent's priority. If they attempt to hit you while they have higher priority, they miss.

This matters for the two characters that can change priority mid beat.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow225 posted:

I played my first game of Battlecon in months today. Demetrius(me) versus Lixis with ante finishers.

I'm a relative newbie, but the 2 times I've tried Demetrius I just got wrecked. If you can't keep a hold on those counters you are boned. Didn't help that I was playing someone with innate soak (Runica I think?) so my attacks were basically -3 for most of the match.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Apparently Level 99 is trying to clear out some old stock of Disc Duelers. Just got a coupon code emailed to me taking it down to the fantastic price of $0! (Still have to pay shipping though)

EDIT: Assuming, of course, that I can get their website to work...

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 26, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah same. At least it's available until the 31st.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Finally got an order through. Shipping ran me 10.75; so I have elected to be thankful for a nifty 75% off coupon :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Got my copy of Disc Duelers in yesterday. Oh Level99...will you never learn to proofread? Turns out the rule book completely omits information on Ranged Attacks, necessitating a trip to BGG to learn how that's supposed to work.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Glad to know I'm not the only one who felt like I missed something big. Granted, I won't be able to play for quite some time so it's irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It wouldn't be L99 if the rules weren't at least two different kinds of awful.