Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How is the Bloodletter? I tried to do a Chikage run but just hated that weapon. My current char is like 50 Str/5 BT, but I just need to smack down OoK and MP, and I might try a Str/BT run on NG+.

While I haven’t used it, I’ve wanted to do a Bloodletter run. The main problem with it seems to be that it’s super late in DLC, and there aren’t really any other STR+BT weapons so you haven’t really got anything to use up until then. At least if your’e running SKL+BT you can use Rifle Spear, Reiterpallasch, and Simon’s Bowblade before you can resonably get the Chikage, so your BT points don't feel wasted. I guess you can just use Evelynn and the double pistol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I have a 20 Skl/ 30 BT character with a +8 Chikage, I feel like I can do Ludwig like this. Wish me luck and I'll give you a Bloodletter update posthaste - if I can kill Ludwig, I can kill Maria for sure.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It seems most people find Ludwig's first form much more difficult than his second, but I'm the opposite. Maybe I just have more practice with his beast form due to it being first, or that his first form's attacks are much more distinct and identifiable, but the timing of his sword swings in his sane form always fucks me up.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It seems most people find Ludwig's first form much more difficult than his second, but I'm the opposite. Maybe I just have more practice with his beast form due to it being first, or that his first form's attacks are much more distinct and identifiable, but the timing of his sword swings in his sane form always fucks me up.

Most people (read: me) don't time anything in his second phase, they just keep swinging while he misses 50% of his attacks as you're too close until he staggers ---> visceral ---> success because he only has half health. Shame about the best music in the game.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I still have never used the Beast Claws either. My complete aversion to Chalice Dungeons means that I've never been anywhere near getting them. Maybe I'll go back on my Quality build character and get them.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
how did I play this game for so long without realising you can use O to speed up ladder climbing :negative:

also being able to fall off the arena fighting Martyr Logarius is some bullshit

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Fighting Lawrence after orphan has me really screwed up. It looks like his right is the safe side but I'm still just dodging to my right out of habit because orphan was 30-40 tries.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

THIS IS FINE

Only thing I have left is to get to the bottom of these stupid chalices.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I did that last night when it was very dark and late and it was creeping me out just standing there. Bloodborne really nails the atmosphere.

Edit: Lawrence, and final boss sequence down :toot: What a good game. Played drat near the whole game with Ludwig's sword after getting it but ended up fighting the last bosses with the sawblade. :v:

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 29, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Lost 21 insights to the two mind flayers in the choir area over the course of ~30 minutes :shepicide:

I am pleased with myself that I didn't actually break my game/controller/PS4. Oh my poo poo that was infuriating. All the while I had this bloodbro in my headset who was, in a very nasaly nerdy voice, telling me about how his blades of mercy 'Hit so fast they roll through hyper armor and stagger enemies.'

Bloodborne has been performing very poorly since yesterday. Those mind flayers have no real good telegraphed moves at a blunderbuss parry distance, and they are annoyingly tough against my +7 saw spear. Then, something was wrong with rolling. Their bullshit spell that holds me with a ring was pulling me *out* of my roll animations and getting me. It was like the game flipped a coin to decide if my invuln frames would hit or not, and I always, always came up short. Lost 21 insights.

Bloodborne's networking was also really lovely since yesterday. About 6 times during my Forbidden Woods run I was disconnected, and had to return to the title. I was unable to get a single summon to work since yesterday. I'm online, have insights (not much anymore, THANKS CHOIR AREA) ring my big bell and wait. Nothing. I can see silhouettes of other players running around my area, so either nobody is small belling it up, or something is fucky. Even after system restarts, modem restarts, something about BB is just not kosher right now. Thankfully FFXV is out tomorrow and I can abandon this shitshow for a while, calm down, and try again.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 29, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Boogalo posted:

I did that last night when it was very dark and late and it was creeping me out just standing there. Bloodborne really nails the atmosphere.

Edit: Lawrence, and final boss sequence down :toot: What a good game. Played drat near the whole game with Ludwig's sword after getting it but ended up fighting the last bosses with the sawblade. :v:

I do this kind of thing too. I've played the whole game with Logarius' Wheel, but when it comes down to the wire I'll whip out the Hunter Axe.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

lite_sleepr posted:

Bloodborne's networking was also really lovely since yesterday. About 6 times during my Forbidden Woods run I was disconnected, and had to return to the title. I was unable to get a single summon to work since yesterday. I'm online, have insights (not much anymore, THANKS CHOIR AREA) ring my big bell and wait. Nothing. I can see silhouettes of other players running around my area, so either nobody is small belling it up, or something is fucky. Even after system restarts, modem restarts, something about BB is just not kosher right now. Thankfully FFXV is out tomorrow and I can abandon this shitshow for a while, calm down, and try again.

I'm glad the disconnects last night were't just me. That got super annoying.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Boogalo posted:

I'm glad the disconnects last night were't just me. That got super annoying.

So was a non-functional summon system.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is what you get for trying to summon in a souls game

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

how did I play this game for so long without realising you can use O to speed up ladder climbing :negative:

also being able to fall off the arena fighting Martyr Logarius is some bullshit
I died to Micolash once because I jumped off the wrong stupid ledge.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Awesome! posted:

:argh: shame on me for wanting basic functionality from a 2 year old game! :argh:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Awesome! posted:

Look at this edgy guy who doesn't like fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oops you caught me. i never have fun playing this game unless i am getting carried

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It actually isn't much fun to get summoned into a cursed chalice where the boss lag-teleports into you for an instakill through absolutely no fault of your own.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Awesome! posted:

oops you caught me. i never have fun playing this game unless i am getting carried

as someone who steadfastly never summons for the first playthrough of a Souls game, you're dumb.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok but i think you are dumb

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have a lot of fun working with strangers to take on a common goal in games like these. It's especially cool when we're able to cooperate even though we don't speak the same language.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Awesome! posted:

hey yea a buddy leveled down to you is totes carrying

When you ring your beckoning bell a bellhop should materialize, carry you and a bag full of tonsil stones :rolleye:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im sorry you are so bad at this game lol

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Awesome! posted:

im sorry you are so bad at this game lol

me too but at least i'm not a dumby with dumb opinions

what's your PSN handle so i can remove you. I'd hate to party up with you for anythying.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 29, 2016

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Summoning is A-ok in my book, but everyone should do a totally no-summon run at least once! It's crazy how much harder some bosses are without a buddy, like Ludwig.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lite_sleepr posted:

hey yea a buddy leveled down to you is totes carrying

Oh, does BB level scale you? I think that may explain why I keep getting my poo poo handed to me online when I'm a tank and a half by myself.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Dewgy posted:

Oh, does BB level scale you? I think that may explain why I keep getting my poo poo handed to me online when I'm a tank and a half by myself.

Oh it absolutely does. Otherwise your level 120 characters would mush Gascoines face in for your single digit bloobro.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lite_sleepr posted:

I'd hate to party up with you for anythying.
lol same. i doubt we are friends on psn

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Awesome! posted:

lol same. i doubt we are friends on psn

Are you in the big 800 friends list program? If so, we are.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lite_sleepr posted:

Oh it absolutely does. Otherwise your level 120 characters would mush Gascoines face in for your single digit bloobro.

I just made an alt to avoid that problem. A little sad hearing it wouldn't have worked anyway though. :haw:

Does your stats menu show the adjustments then or do you just kinda have to guesswork it?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
As far as I know you're leveled to match whoever summoned you. I've never looked.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

lite_sleepr posted:

me too but at least i'm not a dumby with dumb opinions

Hmm.

lite_sleepr posted:

Hey how do we take our dumb game and make it less fun? Make the monsters in the Unseen village respawn all the time, and put bell ringers out of the way and out of reach. Then provide zero indication as to where to go, and fill the street with dumb, out of place mimic like monsters. With projectiles. Oh, and make sure the monsters here are damage sponges too, all the sudden.

The luster of this game is fading fast.

Hmmmm.

lite_sleepr posted:

The only good bloodborne

HMMMM.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Nothing there is dumb or incorrect :shrug:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

You don't seem to enjoy this game. Perhaps you should stop playing it and stop posting in this thread about how much you dislike it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Bloodborne's a good game but I can't say I disagree with Sleepr's assessment of Yahar'gul, Electric Boogaloo.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
The worst is the bell lady by the cathedral ward key. There weren't any messages mentioning where she was for me; and I ended up using a video to find her. The rest of them were at least in the open somewhere.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Well it took a screenshot as I was trying to gesture a roar so whatever. Game done. The chalice dungeons are terrible, the final boss of the chalice dungeon was terrible. Everything else was cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Bloodborne's a good game but I can't say I disagree with Sleepr's assessment of Yahar'gul, Electric Boogaloo.

It's the most annoying area in bloodborne, but the least-annoying "most-annoying area in a soulsborne game."

Yahargul part 2 doesn't hold a candle to (spoilers for the other souls games) Defilement, Dukes Archives, Shrine of Amana, or the run from Irithyll to Anor Londo.

• Locked thread