Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

If he did, this would be a serious Superbowl contender but Houston isn't allowed to have nice things for the most part

I was going to make a snide remark about having the best defender in football, and possibly the greatest passrusher of all time. Then I remembered his back is out and you guys also ruined Clowney so there goes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't think we could afford both Brock and Romo on our roster...

And after we cut brock i think 1) Romo would be too old and 2)I wanna draft a 1st/2nd round QB damnit.

You're in luck, Manziel says he's off booze and coming back in 2017

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

years of following the dolphins has destroyed ehud's mind, there is no patsfan coworkers guys

ehud's been arguing with a stapler with "tom brady" written on it the entire time

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey cool, Joe McKnight's alleged killer was released from police custody without charges!

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/ronald_gasser_suspect_in_joe_m.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Hey cool, Joe McKnight's alleged killer was released from police custody without charges!

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/ronald_gasser_suspect_in_joe_m.html

Holy poo poo

quote:

A witness, who declined to give her name, said she saw a man at the intersection yelling at McKnight, who was trying to apologize. The man shot McKnight more than once, the witness said. She said he shot McKnight, stood over him and said, "I told you don't you f--- with me." Then the man fired again, she said.

Authorities named the shooter as Ronald Gasser, 54, and said he stayed at the scene and turned his gun in to officers. Gasser was in custody and was being questioned, Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand said. The sheriff said McKnight did not have a gun, and deputies did not find a gun outside McKnight's vehicle.

Thanks for the murder weapon sir. You're free to go.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Thanks for the murder weapon sir. You're free to go.

I think I cracked this case.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Knee update:

Sore as poo poo today. Guy putting the needles in said he had to push through a lot of scar tissue, so he had to dig a bit.

My status for Sunday is probable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

One of the more unsurprising pictures I've seen. The cops probably gave him a care package to take home with him.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

Knee update:

Sore as poo poo today. Guy putting the needles in said he had to push through a lot of scar tissue, so he had to dig a bit.

My status for Sunday is probable.

There is no probable anymore, at best "questionable".

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I wouldn't be surprised if they arrested and charged him in a few days once more witness statements and evidence is gathered. At least you hope.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they arrested and charged him in a few days once more witness statements and evidence is gathered. At least you hope.

I wouldn't be surprised if the interrogation room became a venue to discuss how to make America great again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

gently caress this poo poo. Good'ol'boy shot the wrong black man this time, I would hope...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress this poo poo. Good'ol'boy shot the wrong black man this time, I would hope...

It's Louisiana. There is no wrong black man to shoot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

mcmagic posted:

This is true in every state not just the Deep South

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There's more than enough probable cause to hold him if they wanted to hold him. They didn't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

This is true in every state not just the Deep South

Surprise, New York! You were racist the whole time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

This is more true for Cops. In the Northeast we don't have batshit insane stand your ground and open carry laws, it's also much harder to get a concealed carry permit .

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It was clearly self defense. Did you not see how black McKnight was?

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Guys lets not rush to conclusions, we still need to know whether McKnight has a history of marijuana use. For all we know he could have had traces of THC in his system at the very moment! There might even be a picture of him somewhere giving a middle finger or looking angry!

Phyein fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 2, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waiting for the audio of the music he sang along to at the time before I can properly make a judgment

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Surprise, New York! You were racist the whole time.

alarmingly so

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Von Miller sent every AFC West player a bottle of fine wine and a genuine note thanking them for their hard work and effort.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/02/von-miller-wine-gift-afc-west-thank-you/

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think I have a natural bias against high-profile players, but Von Miller is legit one of my favorite non-Bills players.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

mcmagic posted:

This is more true for Cops. In the Northeast we don't have batshit insane stand your ground and open carry laws, it's also much harder to get a concealed carry permit .

If by "harder to get a concealed carry permit," you mean it's a minor inconvenience to have to meet with the county sheriff for an in-person interview, then sure

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

East Texas is spectacular as always

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ah, those famous non-racist places of Arizona, Kansas, and North Dakota.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

It was clearly self defense. Did you not see how black McKnight was?

He wasn't even the inoffensive black of the Allstate guy or Morgan Freeman. He had crazy LL Cool J hair. He was dangerous!

One of the articles about his murder had a video of paramedics attempting to revive him. :smith:

Keep in mind, this retarded rear end study is literally just "was the N-WORD googled?". That is their metric for racism. It doesn't account for google searches of anything like, say "i really like N-WORDS" or someone searching for the lyrics to a rap song that contain "THE N-WORD". It is just use of the word itself.

That survey is dumb as gently caress and if you are sharing it around as proof of racism it is because you didn't take the time to even read what it is.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 2, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ah yes, the map built by seeing how often people google "friend of the family"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Ah yes, the map built by seeing how often people google "friend of the family"

I googled "map of people googling friend of the family" and made the world a more racist place.

edit

I'm willing to bet the colors would all be inverted if they replaced "THE N-WORD" with "spic".

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm stunned he was released. I'm gonna try to look up the court documents online before I rush to judgment

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Finally we know what was in the mystery tent!

btw, assuming that some dude the cops brought is automatically guilty is really loving dumb

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

Finally we know what was in the mystery tent!

btw, assuming that some dude the cops brought is automatically guilty is really loving dumb

"witness reported seeing McKnight apologizing before being shot while attacker said 'that'll teach you not to gently caress with me'" or something like that...

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

It's hasty to assume but its not hasty to say it doesn't look good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thankfully despite my mod powers my opinion on the matter doesn't have any actual effect on due process so I'm allowed to form opinions based on information as it comes instead of waiting until all the facts are in (ie: letting time go by and forgetting all about it)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Chichevache posted:

"witness reported seeing McKnight apologizing before being shot while attacker said 'that'll teach you not to gently caress with me'" or something like that...

-nowhere does the witness identify anyone
-the white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be (legally) possessing a firearm near the scene
-the cops released him which indicates in all likelihood they ran the ballistics and were satisfied it wasn't the same gun

y'all are a drat lynch mob

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

quote:

Authorities named the shooter as Ronald Gasser, 54, and said he stayed at the scene and turned his gun in to officers.

:shrug:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He looks super duper guilty but there may be a new development.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Magicpants posted:

-nowhere does the witness identify anyone
-the white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be (legally) possessing a firearm near the scene
-the cops released him which indicates in all likelihood they ran the ballistics and were satisfied it wasn't the same gun

y'all are a drat lynch mob

you are dumb as gently caress, he's named as the shooter by authorities in the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Richdatdude/status/804706785798057984

• Locked thread