Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I'm not sure I'd trust our fine reporters to realize the intricacies of suspect vs perpetrator

I mean I'm all for making dumb jokes about this, I just think it's silly to go "idiot cops obviously that's him!" based on zero evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

-nowhere does the witness identify anyone
-the white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be (legally) possessing a firearm near the scene
-the cops released him which indicates in all likelihood they ran the ballistics and were satisfied it wasn't the same gun

y'all are a drat lynch mob

A. they ran ballistics at the scene and were convinced it wasn't the gun? Very interesting stuff. I didn't know that beat officers were capable of doing that. :rolleyes:

B. An unarmed black man gets shot in the street and the armed white man who shot him is released at the scene, but we, random internet posters who think this looks lovely and haven't advocated violence or even convicted anyone, are a drat lynch mob? You got some hosed up views, boy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magicpants posted:

I'm not sure I'd trust our fine reporters to realize the intricacies of suspect vs perpetrator

I mean I'm all for making dumb jokes about this, I just think it's silly to go "idiot cops obviously that's him!" based on zero evidence

"the fact that authorities say that this was the guy and he turned in the gun he used to do it is zero evidence" you need to get checked out for a concussion

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If by "harder to get a concealed carry permit," you mean it's a minor inconvenience to have to meet with the county sheriff for an in-person interview, then sure

How else would the sheriff know the applicant is not black?

edit:

Jesus Christ, Magicpants... turn left.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 2, 2016

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
y'all are arguing from the assumption that this guy did it based on 1 news article

they held him overnight, and in a department as large as NO, that should be plenty of time to run ballistics, and then they released him so this probably ain't the guy I'm sorry

Look, we don't know poo poo. Maybe the entire NOLA police department is full of overt racists, maybe this guy has mob ties and they're letting him go to get the bigger fish, maybe he's got nothing to do with it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Magicpants posted:

y'all are arguing from the assumption that this guy did it based on 1 news article

they held him overnight, and in a department as large as NO, that should be plenty of time to run ballistics, and then they released him so this probably ain't the guy I'm sorry

Look, we don't know poo poo. Maybe the entire NOLA police department is full of overt racists, maybe this guy has mob ties and they're letting him go to get the bigger fish, maybe he's got nothing to do with it

24 hours to run a ballistics test?

No. This isn't NCIS, New Orleans. Scott Bacula didn't arrest this man.

Yes, all of the officers probably did have rad Cajun accents.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Magicpants posted:

-nowhere does the witness identify anyone
-the white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be (legally) possessing a firearm near the scene
-the cops released him which indicates in all likelihood they ran the ballistics and were satisfied it wasn't the same gun

y'all are a drat lynch mob

quote:

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand identified Gasser on Thursday as the man who shot McKnight. The shooting happened about 3 p.m. Thursday in Terrytown, a suburb of New Orleans just across the Mississippi River.

"The only thing we know right now, everything else is conjecture, is that Mr. Gasser did in fact shoot Mr. McKnight," Normand said.

They ran the ballistics

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sheriff: Did you run the ballistics?

Ballistics guy: It's coming back right now... Ok... Looks like it's self defense, plus He Was No Angel

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I know it wasn't the guy because I shot Joe, told that bitch not to mess with me

hifi posted:

They ran the ballistics
well ok then

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be murdering someone near the scene

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Magicpants shot Joe mcknight

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

The white guy in question was brought in because he happened to be murdering someone near the scene

:lol:

Blitz7x posted:

Magicpants shot Joe mcknight

Out of a loving canon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgEqsCoZjj8

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Quit making me like you, Von.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Magicpants posted:

well ok then

go back to making extremely unfunny try-hard posts

post them in a .txt file instead of here though

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
There is no way that the police would just let him go. They know this is a high profile case. I don't think they're that stupid.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Looks like the Kaepernick thread is open again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah look he shot the guy but did you consider the Ideal Gas Law

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Spoeank posted:

its not a loving IDEAL GAS

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

There is no way that the police would just let him go. They know this is a high profile case. I don't think they're that stupid.

1. His release isn't even being mentioned by ESPN
2. Have you seen the outcomes of literally any other high-profile white-on-black shootings lately?
3. Cops can actually be really stupid

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

its not a loving IDEAL GAS

my ideal gas is generally after 3 or 4 days or good drinking, toss some pizza in there with some jalapenos. brother you got a stew goin'

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

fsif posted:

1. His release isn't even being mentioned by ESPN
2. Have you seen the outcomes of literally any other high-profile white-on-black shootings lately?
3. Cops can actually be really stupid

1. Didn't know about that
2. I don't think I can tread in this without it being something I understand. This isn't the case of some random dude getting shot though, this is someone who had a decent amount of good PR.
3. I don't disagree.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Spoeank posted:

Post of the fuckin year right here

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lol at everyone crying racism, stfu

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The guy was just standing his ground, which, if you look at McKnight's yards after contact, wasn't that difficult.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Siemian out vs Jacksonville, the Broncos are screwed without Northwestern's finest

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

The guy was just standing his ground, which, if you look at McKnight's yards after contact, wasn't that difficult.

holy poo poo.

For real, though, McKnight just got Trayvon'ed and I can't loving believe the poo poo white people get away with anymore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/804359058950000640

That was one hell of a game!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

holy poo poo.

For real, though, McKnight just got Trayvon'ed and I can't loving believe the poo poo white people get away with anymore.

white people have been getting away with poo poo for thousands of years

they are overpowered

nerf whitey

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I just can't believe this Joe McKnight thing isn't dominating NFL headlines right now. But you know, guess it's also important to know that Mark Ingram made it back to practice today, even if in a limited capacity.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

loving Lovie Smith.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The only surprising thing for me here is that Matt Ryan has played one more game than Alex Smith.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Julio Jones is a beast

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

I saw this tweet yesterday and have been desperately hoping it didn't get discussed here

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That would explain why he went off and looked like he was about to kill someone.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/804770977456463873

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

wandler20 posted:

That would explain why he went off and looked like he was about to kill someone.

Unfounded

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

For some reason I remember Hawley as being one of the dirtiest little fuckers around, is that unfounded or do I just hate him from Hard Knocks?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Agreed, let them run ballistics on the spit first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gynecolojustice posted:

I saw this tweet yesterday and have been desperately hoping it didn't get discussed here

I mean, what is there to discuss? Matt Ryan has been a much more productive quarterback than Alex Smith throughout his career. He's had better weapons in the receiving game too, so there's that.

And that's about it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Who has a better record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, what is there to discuss? Matt Ryan has been a much more productive quarterback than Alex Smith throughout his career. He's had better weapons in the receiving game too, so there's that.

And that's about it.

It just sounds so bad!

• Locked thread