Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

swickles posted:

Also, if you don't know about Fred Hampton, at least read the wiki about his assassination:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hampton#1969_raid_and_assassination

If you are real lazy, the tl;dr is the FBI had an illegal program to spy on the goings on of the Black Panthers, then coordinated a full on raid and execution of several members by firing blindly in a house with women and children. The few who survived were charged with all kinds of poo poo, including attempted murder of the FBI agents that killed them. Evidence exonerated them thankfully. This sounds like a crazy conspiracy until you learn that a leak of FBI files confirmed that all this was going on and planned.

Not only did leaked files confirm it, the survivors and relations of victims got a multi million dollar settlement in a country (and especially city) where the cops executing black people only occasionally qualifies as news. You gotta be real drat blatant before a 70s court in Chicago awards damages to Black Panthers for being mistreated by the CPD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hell thats nothing compared to the MOVE bombing.

quote:

The police obtained arrest warrants charging four occupants with crimes including parole violations, contempt of court, illegal possession of firearms, and making terrorist threats.[1] Mayor W. Wilson Goode and police commissioner Gregore J. Sambor classified MOVE as a terrorist organization.[16] On Monday, May 13, 1985, the police, along with city manager Leo Brooks, arrived in force and attempted to clear the building and execute the arrest warrants.[16] This led to an armed standoff with police,[17] who lobbed tear gas canisters at the building. The police said that MOVE members fired at them; a gunfight with semi-automatic and automatic firearms ensued.[18] Commissioner Sambor then ordered that the compound be bombed.[18] From a Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, Philadelphia Police Department Lt. Frank Powell proceeded to drop two one-pound bombs made of C4 explosive (which the police referred to as "entry devices"[16]) made of FBI-supplied water gel explosive, a dynamite substitute, targeting a fortified, bunker-like cubicle on the roof of the house.[19]

The resulting explosions ignited a fire from fuel for a gasoline-powered generator in rooftop bunker that eventually destroyed approximately 65 nearby houses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

holy poo poo.

For real, though, McKnight just got Trayvon'ed and I can't loving believe the poo poo white people get away with anymore.

And I fell asleep at the wheel for a sec and they want to charge me with a felony, wtf. Guess the lady I hit was white, but I sure dont wanna go to her hospital to see and have her family stare daggers at me. Jail is boring as fuk

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spoeank posted:

Jeff Fisher is the head coach the NFC West deserves :allears:

Edit:
whoever asked Kaepernick this question deserves to have his media credentials revoked

I thought Soldier Field was named after Nate Soldier.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a new study bible! posted:

I thought Soldier Field was named after Nate Soldier.

From Wikipedia:

quote:

Soldier Field was designed in 1919 and opened on October 9, 1924, as Municipal Grant Park Stadium. The name was changed to Soldier Field on November 11, 1925, as a memorial to U.S. soldiers who had died in combat. Its formal dedication as Soldier Field was on Saturday, November 27, 1926

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So I guess it isn't.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

got any sevens posted:

And I fell asleep at the wheel for a sec and they want to charge me with a felony, wtf. Guess the lady I hit was white, but I sure dont wanna go to her hospital to see and have her family stare daggers at me. Jail is boring as fuk

Is this a reference?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh. Maybe Woody will be forced to sell, although Rooney wasn't when he was the Ireland Ambassador.

https://pagesix.com/2016/12/04/woody-johnson-under-consideration-for-ambassadorship/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Oh. Maybe Woody will be forced to sell, although Rooney wasn't when he was the Ireland Ambassador.

https://pagesix.com/2016/12/04/woody-johnson-under-consideration-for-ambassadorship/

Yeah but Rooney has kids who are involved with the team, Woody doesn't.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FizFashizzle posted:

hell thats nothing compared to the MOVE bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing

So that's where Assad got the idea for barrel bombs, huh

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Chip Kelly is a heck of a head coach, huh?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

got any sevens posted:

:cripes: what happened, man?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

davecrazy posted:

- a guy not paying attention to the 49ers because Chip's not the problem.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Spoeank posted:

Chip's not the problem.

Sounds like a valid reason I should get rid of him!
-Jed York

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/805842959145037825

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dumb question

But what other than skin is keeping his leg attached

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Did someone take a hatchet to his knee??

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Blitz7x posted:

Dumb question

his hamstrings

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

its all nice on rice posted:

Good question...does Jack Del Rio have an alibi for this?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

At least his LCL seems to be in tact!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Dumb question

LCL and possibly his patella tendon

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RIP Cecil.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

RIP Cecil.

Here lies Ceci. Formerly known as Cecil but all his L's were tragically taken from him December 4th, 2016.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucs fear Cecil Shorts tore every ligament in his knee. That's probably it for him :smith:

Yeah that'll do it :stonk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

its all nice on rice posted:

Yeah, his name is Jahleel Addae

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RG3 coming back next week

Reminder if they win once, the 49ers get the #1 pick

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, his name is Jahleel Addae

which is weird, because this particular piece of poo poo is usually aiming for the head.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

davecrazy posted:

"You're doing a heck of a job, Kelly!"

Also,

N: Colts/Jets MNF
V: :yikes:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

RG3 coming back next week

Reminder if they win once, the 49ers get the #1 pick

CLE: CIN, @BUF, SDG, @PIT
SFO: NYJ, @ATL, @LAR, SEA

I feel like even if Cleveland does win one (my figurative money would be on next week) San Fran will beat either the Jets or Rams, because why not?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But seriously, gently caress the Pats. Third lowest cap spend in the league, 2013-16.

https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/805867703466676224

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

But seriously, gently caress the Pats. Third lowest cap spend in the league, 2013-16.

Well they have whatever scam going on with Brady so that helps their cap.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

the eagles hahahaha

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Joe McKnight still makes me sad and furious. gently caress Louisiana.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

which is weird, because this particular piece of poo poo is usually aiming for the head.

He realized that aiming for the head gets him fined and/or injured himself.

I didn't see anything dirty about the hit. Cecil's legs was just planted at the wrong angle when the hit happened. Sucks :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wonder if the Hernandez situation plays into this. Since they had a whole giant pile of dead money from that extension, but a lot of it didn't get paid out, but I don't think they ever got a cap refund on it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

He realized that aiming for the head gets him fined and/or injured himself.

I didn't see anything dirty about the hit. Cecil's legs was just planted at the wrong angle when the hit happened. Sucks :(

I've always hated the fact that the league apparently gives zero fucks about knee and ankle safety. They pay so much attention (and rightly so) to the head but all that does is encourage players to dive at knees and ankles and then this poo poo happens.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

Joe McKnight still makes me sad and furious. gently caress Louisiana.

It's loving despicable. I'm shocked it hasn't been bigger news.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

I wonder if the Hernandez situation plays into this. Since they had a whole giant pile of dead money from that extension, but a lot of it didn't get paid out, but I don't think they ever got a cap refund on it.

Realistically, that was like $7m dollars in 2014 and then they were free and clear. Even if it potentially blocked some big signing in 2014, the Pats would still have been in the bottom third of the league.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

weird Asian candy posted:

I've always hated the fact that the league apparently gives zero fucks about knee and ankle safety. They pay so much attention (and rightly so) to the head but all that does is encourage players to dive at knees and ankles and then this poo poo happens.

"Hey, if we outlaw head shots maybe the players will start doing proper tackles instead and..."

*100 assholes dive straight at their opponents' kneecaps*

"Oh, well, what can ya do?" :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There was someone who literally said that he goes for the knees instead of the head to avoid being penalized and fined but I forgot who it was.

• Locked thread