Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will There Be a Perfect Team This Season?
Yes, Both 19-0 and 0-16
Yes, but only 19-0
Yes, but only 0-16
lol no
View Results

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

I hope they can get Hillary to grand marshall the parade.

Joe Thomas is 8 months of the year.

The other 4 are Pryor which will be super awkward when he leaves in free agency.

By awkward you mean fitting. Perfectly fitting. I'd rather get Cam Erving though he's really the standard barer of failure this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want the Browns to win today.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

a new study bible! posted:

I want the Browns to win today.

They'll find a way to lose somehow.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Congrats! The team wasn't killed in a horrific accident, but Haslam still owns the team, so...push?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the first bye week in a while where the Browns didn't gently caress it up.

Last year Manziel did something stupid, and the year before that either he did another stupid thing or Gordon did, I forget which

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/coachbillick/status/773573771265384448

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Its going to be hilarious when they beat the Steelers.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Cleveland +5.5. Not bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

This is the first bye week in a while where the Browns didn't gently caress it up.

Last year Manziel did something stupid, and the year before that either he did another stupid thing or Gordon did, I forget which

Nvm, rookie safety broke his ankle training, out for the year

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I have a compromise for Browns fans. How about they let Detroit lay claim to epic shittery, while also going winless, by going 0-15-1. Dunno, tie the Bengals or something

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
All or nothing baby.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bigass Moth posted:

All of nothing baby.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mercenarynuker posted:

I have a compromise for Browns fans. How about they let Detroit lay claim to epic shittery, while also going winless, by going 0-15-1. Dunno, tie the Bengals or something

Look at this quitter. If the Browns are going to waste a perfect season it must be to beat the Steelers and knock them out of the division title.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Would the Browns be better or worse if they didn't cut Johnny Football?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Crotch Fruit posted:

Would the Browns be better or worse if they didn't cut Johnny Football?

Would my terminal cancer be better or worse if I had a hangover?

It matters not.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We are doing it

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

We are doing it

:toot:

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Bills game is the last winnable game for the browns. If the Bills lose today and Rex gets fired as reports indicate, this team is going to quit hard.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bills game is the last winnable game for the browns. If the Bills lose today and Rex gets fired as reports indicate, this team is going to quit hard.

No, the chargers coming to Cleveland sans Bosa/Gordon would be.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

https://vine.co/v/5x9YgX1gVMV

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I defy anyone to look at this team and say anything tougher than a bye week is a winnable game.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

You really underestimate the Steelers ability to poo poo themselves against inept opponents

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

achillesforever6 posted:

You really underestimate the Steelers ability to poo poo themselves against inept opponents

This is what I was sure of with the Giants game. The Browns persisted though, they have the magic this year

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I thought this was the game they'd win

The Browns are going winless

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I haven't watched all of a browns game in over a month. It's so freeing.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Again...

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its going to be hilarious when they beat the Steelers.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Steelers are going to beat them by 21, they got their inexplicable horrible loss out of the way against the Eagles

Bills is now their best shot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a patagonian cavy posted:

Steelers are going to beat them by 21, they got their inexplicable horrible loss out of the way against the Eagles

Bills is now their best shot.

Beating San Diego is significantly more likely

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So, based on takes from the fans of the Browns' remaining opponents, Cleveland's finishing 3-13.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

fsif posted:

So, based on takes from the fans of the Browns' remaining opponents, Cleveland's finishing 3-13.

Which us better than last year, Improvement!

Bench RG3, he's really really bad.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Yeah I can't fathom how you look at rg3s game yesterday and immediately call him the starter next week. Kesslers brains must be more scrambled than they're letting on.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah I can't fathom how you look at rg3s game yesterday and immediately call him the starter next week. Kesslers brains must be more scrambled than they're letting on.

2015 JFF is better than 2016 RG3 I saw plenty of plays where he was flushed from the pocket and there were guys open 5-10yds downfield so he launches it 50-60 yds downfield into double triple coverage. All of his passes were way off target too and he started getting in Coleman and Pryor's faces who the hell knows what.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I didn't watch any of the game yesterday, but if RG3 was airing it out too much, I blame Hue. Checking down too much was the reason he benched Kessler so RG3 is trying to compensate for that imo

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I only watched into the third quarter. The flea flicker from the endzone play was so bad. RG3 had plenty of time, but he still bombed it into triple coverage instead of the man coverage on the other WR streaking down the opposite end of the field. Awful.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I Think The Browns ARe Going to DO IT

:getin:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

It's a win-win. Either he improves dramatically, which suggests maybe he's not broken and was just rusty, or he doesn't, in which case you keep a lock on the first draft pick. What's the point of putting out a QB you already know sucks?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

evilweasel posted:

What's the point of putting out a QB you already know sucks?

You're the browns and at this point you just don't give a poo poo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I don't even know if it's possible to get the Browns to a winning record in the next 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

evilweasel posted:

It's a win-win. Either he improves dramatically, which suggests maybe he's not broken and was just rusty, or he doesn't, in which case you keep a lock on the first draft pick. What's the point of putting out a QB you already know sucks?

I could see how going 0-16 is something that could permanently break some people's spirit. A winless season could leave some coaches and players with football PTSD. How can you have any confidence in yourself as a leader when you couldn't even win one game?

Maybe Calvin Johnson doesn't retire early if the Lions don't go 0-16.

• Locked thread