Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A weapons to surpass Metal Gear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

oldskool posted:

If it makes you feel any better you're all missing a zero, because that town income was 100,000.

This does make me feel better, thank you.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Mario Party the JRPG and we already have a Luigi on our hands. I look forward to the AI crushing your hopes and dreams of fairness and winning the game for many more episodes to come.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

It's pretty impossible to tell who's actually going to win a game of Dokapon Kingdom until about 5 seconds before someone wins.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 2 - Self Defense

Grace normally: "I'm the best! bring it on I'll take on everyone!"
Grace fighting a monster: "Dan help what do I do"
Grace fighting Estelle: "Dan help what do I do"
Grace playing rock paper scissors: "Dan help what do I do"

senrath posted:

It's pretty impossible to tell who's actually going to win a game of Dokapon Kingdom until about 5 seconds before someone wins.

Pretty much this

Danaru fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 29, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I appreciate the King's commitment to marriage equality, but I hope the Princess has a plan to keep the line of succession under control once she marries her princess consort.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Danaru posted:

Grace playing rock paper scissors: "Dan help what do I do"

To be fair though, rock paper scissors is a complicated game. After ten turns, there are already over 3 million different variations.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I approve of Steve's fate. :allears: And Dan's new hairstyle.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

senrath posted:

Despite this, "The AI" is usually a safe bet. Even on weak.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am rooting for Dr. Moron. He can't be terrible the entire game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Estelle getting clowned by a fairy and losing her new spear before she can even use it. :lol:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The Pompadour brings power to whosoever wields it. Use it well.

Until Estelle murders you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm rooting for Estelle right now, because it's the funniest outcome.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

This feels less like Mario Party: the JRPG and more like Talisman: the JRPG. But then again, that's probably just a matter of perspective.

And somehow this mess still was nominated for an award by IGN. Goddamit Sting, why do you so often have to be weird and obtuse?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh man, Talisman is the worst. Like, there's not even an AI to blame because it is 100% die rolls, and player choice and interactivity is so minimal.

And then finally someone gets to the middle of the board and it's still 20 turns for the game to actually end after that.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I for one am rooting for Dr. Moron.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Did you guys figure out how gifts work? And I also loved the RNG gank train in the beginning of the episode. Although every time I see some one enter a shop and NOT try to rob it makes me a little sadder. My and my friends have stupid high bounties now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This treason won't be forgotten once I'm King Chairman of the People's Republic of Dokapon <:mad:>

McGwee posted:

Did you guys figure out how gifts work? And I also loved the RNG gank train in the beginning of the episode. Although every time I see some one enter a shop and NOT try to rob it makes me a little sadder. My and my friends have stupid high bounties now.

Come to think of it, we actually didn't figure out what gifts to the king do. I think I give the king something at some point, and none of the NPCs try it as far as I remember, so we just completely forget it's a thing.

Unless you mean 'gifting' something not so nice to another player in which case yes, we learned all about that

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

This treason won't be forgotten once I'm King Chairman of the People's Republic of Dokapon <:mad:>

Dr. Moron will save Dokopon from your despotism! Dr. Moron knows what it is to be humble. Dr Moron is a moron of the people.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
I looked it up because I wanted to know what giving a Gift to the King did. In short it raises the value of the items your towns give you and only matters when playing Story Mode.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Edit: Beaten. /\

You can also send the King things he hates under other people's names in order to lower their item value. :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think Dr. Moron lost his legally binding new name and became Steve again after going back to the castle?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
We do not recognize the name of Steve.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

JT Jag posted:

I think Dr. Moron lost his legally binding new name and became Steve again after going back to the castle?

The King will undo any punishment that is laid upon you, yes. At least we now know his full name is Dr. Steve Moron.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait until Estelle brings forth Armageddon upon the Earth and then wins the game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CirclMastr posted:

Oh man, Talisman is the worst. Like, there's not even an AI to blame because it is 100% die rolls, and player choice and interactivity is so minimal.

And then finally someone gets to the middle of the board and it's still 20 turns for the game to actually end after that.

My friend got a copy of Talisman with an expansion and was super excited to play it so we started it around 2 in the afternoon. A bit before midnight my wife was calling me to ask if I was okay and no one had made it to the middle of the board yet. Talisman can be fun but it can also be maddening.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The reason Grace got paralyzed over in the icelands is because it was too cold and he didn't have Warm Gloves, by the way!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah this is another one of those games that I would never play with anyone I cared about. You brave, brave fools. I'm looking forward to the many many backstabs ahead.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I will agree with the sentiment that this is J-Talisman.

It looks like the big monsters just pop up somewhere else when you whack them down where they are.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Dokapon Kingdom is such bullshit, and yet it's full of so many weird little systems and details that it really doesn't explain most of the time that it's kind of magical as well. I played it with three friends for a good chunk of a day, crashed at the house of the guy who had the game, and proceeded to play it for most of the next day and I don't think we were anywhere near done, but there had been such enormous reversals of fortune and so many new things cropping up that we were all hooked. Unfortunately, we all had jobs so we never did finish the game. Or maybe that was fortunate...

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What a lovely LP. Thank you

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 3 - Microphone Issues

So uh.... :cripes:

An interesting issue cropped up during this episode, where sometimes Grace's microphone driver seems to just completely poo poo itself and die. This never happened before recording this.

We also never thought to have multiple saves because why would we? So in any case, we learned an important lesson and it only cost, like, eight minutes of commentary. :cripes: Sorry about that, folks. Also check out how blatantly Steve starts cheating :argh: gently caress that guy

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
And there's the influence for the thread title, Weber. He's a dick. :v: Well, 90% of the characters in Dokapon Kingdom are dicks, but he's probably the worst.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like how at the beginning of the video, you were talking about how everything is going to be fine, because you saved plenty of times

Ostriches aren't endangered. In fact they are raised as livestock and their meat is lean and delicious.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 2, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Would you be able to get rid of the Reaper's letter even if you had no money on you? I imagine not, which is why you died.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like how at the beginning of the video, you were talking about how everything is going to be fine, because you saved plenty of times

Ostriches aren't endangered. In fact they are raised as livestock and their meat is lean and delicious.
My work place sells their eggs for about $40 the last I looked.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I love how Dan and Grace became rivals with their matching-gender AIs. Now I'm imagining Steve and Estelle as a couple, trying to take down the humans together.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
Me and a few friends have a Dokapon LP going...never even thought to post it SA because its complete trash. We're already over 100 hours in when you should be able to complete the game in 60. We've all completed the story once or twice so boy do I have some hot tips on how to ruin the game and make sure nobody is having fun.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
So what does the Dalek Murderbot actually do? (I hope this isn't a spoiler for future episodes of the LP :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

You pay him and he goes to murder the player you chose Unless you can bribe him

• Locked thread