Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Shepard finally gets dialogue that sounds like SubPon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I found out yesterday that Jennifer Hale (FemShep) has a voice role in The Elder Scrolls Online.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I mean, find me a video game that she isn't in, she's female Steve Blum in terms of "oh crap we need some npcs voiced, get Hale on the line. No we don't need to bring her in she knows the drill" or "oh so we've got this female character and we're thinking this kind of personality, call Jennifer Hale and see if she's doing anything for the next couple days"

Some times I'm surprised that bioware decided to get a "nobody" to voice male Shep

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd be surprisingly okay with Spectre Spike, now that I think of it.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Eh I'm ok playing a game without Steve Blum or Nolan North, nice guys they may be.
Happy New Year SP, thanks for the fun Mass Effect times!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Dreadwroth posted:

Eh I'm ok playing a game without Steve Blum or Nolan North, nice guys they may be.

No such game

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aces High posted:

I mean, find me a video game that she isn't in, she's female Steve Blum in terms of "oh crap we need some npcs voiced, get Hale on the line. No we don't need to bring her in she knows the drill" or "oh so we've got this female character and we're thinking this kind of personality, call Jennifer Hale and see if she's doing anything for the next couple days"

Some times I'm surprised that bioware decided to get a "nobody" to voice male Shep

Same with Laura Bailey. Laura Bailey is everywhere. Watching you. Judging you.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dreadwroth posted:

Happy New Year SP, thanks for the fun Mass Effect times!
Same to ya, bud. And you do know that Grunt is voiced by Steve Blum, right? :v:

Next Update's Ingredients
Amaretto
Frangelico
Bailey's

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Of particular interest to this thread, Mass Effect 2 is Origin's current free On the House title. Cerberus Network (so Zaeed, Firewalker, etc) is free but it doesn't include stuff like LOTSB. As you'd expect. :shrug:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

They never did make a GOTY (base game + all DLC) version for 2 or 3, did they?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The PS3 version of Trilogy comes with all the ME1 and 2 DLC except for Pinnacle Station (you won't miss it ) and Arrival.

But that's it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

didn't they just not port Pinnacle Station for PS3? Guess it really did suck that much

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Supposedly they lost the source files that would have allowed them to port it to PS3 since the PS3 version of Mass Effect was made after ME2.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Riding the whip on a sick rear end ship

The Drink
Patrolling the hull
2 oz Bailey's
1 oz amaretto
1 oz Frangelico

Add ingredients to a shaker full of ice. Shake well and strain into a small rocks glass.

The Drinking Game
Drink anytime anybody says something snarky. Lots of jokes in this DLC. You might need to do what I did and double up the recipe. :getin:

The Episode
We head to a planet called Hagalaz, where supposedly the days are months long causing terrible shifts in temperature. Somebody doesn't understand planetary physics, since that also means that dawn and dusk also last months and therefore nothing is going to snap freeze nor would there be hot and cold air colliding. It would be a gradual change. :argh: The Shadow Broker is storm surfing in a pretty badass ship. We're uninvited, so we have to land on the outside of the ship in a loving lightning storm and find a hatch. Great plan there, Liara.

The skybox is awesome and watching dudes fly off the side of the ship and get struck by lightning never gets old. After killing about a bazillion guards Liara hacks a door and we engage in witty banter while it works. This is a really good series of exchanges, and both Meer and Hale seem to really have fun with the dialogue. Once inside we have to kill about a bazillion more guards. I'm tellin' ya, the Shadow Broker must offer an amazing benefits package.

We find Feron alive, hooked up to a malfunctioning LaZBoy recliner. Just for funsies I ask him questions to get him electrocuted some more. Then we kill the last 5 or so people left on the ship and get ready to face the big man himself.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Just jumping in again to shout out I'm really digging the LP - I've never played these and the ride has been great. How far in are we now?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did I hear some Sisters of Mercy at the title card? Noice!
I forgot Grunt was Blum welp.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

auzdark posted:

Just jumping in again to shout out I'm really digging the LP - I've never played these and the ride has been great. How far in are we now?
Aw thanks. Well, let's see...we still have the last part of LotSB, 6 loyalty missions, 2.5 plot missions, and 2 DLC's.

gently caress I gotta step this up :gonk:

Dreadwroth posted:

Did I hear some Sisters of Mercy at the title card? Noice!
I forgot Grunt was Blum welp.
Yawp. I got to see them live back when Vision Thing came out. Their opening act was Danielle Dax, holy poo poo.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let's hope none of all those guards or robots were in any way necessary for maintaining the ship's systems.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yawp. I got to see them live back when Vision Thing came out. Their opening act was Danielle Dax, holy poo poo.
That sounds pretty awesome. :toot:

Poil fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 10, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Aw thanks. Well, let's see...we still have the last part of LotSB, 6 loyalty missions, 2.5 plot missions, and 2 DLC's.

gently caress I gotta step this up :gonk:

Especially since Andromeda comes out 3/21.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
"Almost ate poo poo there" pretty much sums up the career of a Vanguard in ME2/ME3

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

"Almost ate poo poo there" pretty much sums up the career of a Vanguard in ME2/ME3
2 definitely, it's dancing the razor's edge. 3 is more, "what do you mean, I killed everything? I want to kill more things!" while your squadmates are just barely getting into cover.

Except Grissom, that one takes some actual strategy as it's early-game.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

2 definitely, it's dancing the razor's edge. 3 is more, "what do you mean, I killed everything? I want to kill more things!" while your squadmates are just barely getting into cover.

Between charge and nova in ME3 you're hilariously OP

highest level Lancer and all the heat sinks means unlimited stream of bullets

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Grissom is hard for every class. particularly the huge atrium fight.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kurieg posted:

I've never done it on anything higher than easy mode without dying at least twice. Not helping was that my Vanguard Insanity build was focused on zooming around the map with high damage, low ammo weapons like the fully auto Mattock, but because the Atrium forces you to stay in cover a lot of the time due to the sheet number of enemies waiting to swiss cheese you, I was out of ammo embarrasingly fast.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i feel like the mic quality went up last video but it could just be the more subdued background sfx/score of the dlc

Kurieg posted:

I think infiltrators/engineers have it easiest with the AI hack iirc but i'm not sure

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hard counter posted:

I think infiltrators/engineers have it easiest with the AI hack iirc but i'm not sure

Oh yeah. Plenty of turrets around for you to gently caress with.

That's fair. To this point Vanguard is the only class I've done an Insanity run with in ME3

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The worst part of the atrium is mostly the way that it's designed allows the AI to flank you very, very easily from the rafters that you can't get to, and your partners don't do a very good job of defending your flanks. But turning to engage the other side just means that the guys in front of you are now ventilating your rear end in a top hat. The second half is a lot easier because they can't flank you from the lake.

The only thing that keeps it from being pretty much impossible is the fact that Cerberus doesn't have access to Nemeses and Phantoms yet.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 11, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The best thing about vanguarding in 3 is getting power cooldown upgrades and carrying ultralight weapons like the Disciple. I end up with something like 200% cooldowns, which means that I'm ready to charge again before the animation is finished. Biotic pinball, indeed.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Subpont, you are a riot.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

being a biotic pinball is great, then there are those times in multiplayer where you decide to not host and play a Vanguard :negative: you go from MVP to "I swear I hit that Marauder why am I dead?"

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

The best thing about vanguarding in 3 is getting power cooldown upgrades and carrying ultralight weapons like the Disciple. I end up with something like 200% cooldowns, which means that I'm ready to charge again before the animation is finished. Biotic pinball, indeed.

:stare:

wish i had figured out the value of ultralight weapons/low cooldowns when I did my vanguard run

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I used to go "Charge. Aim Tempest at groin of target, hold down right trigger letting the ammo hits explode." cause when you're unloading a 50 round clip at point blank range who cares about spread and recoil?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hard counter posted:

:stare:

wish i had figured out the value of ultralight weapons/low cooldowns when I did my vanguard run
So do another one :v:

Kurieg posted:

I used to go "Charge. Aim Tempest at groin of target, hold down right trigger letting the ammo hits explode." cause when you're unloading a 50 round clip at point blank range who cares about spread and recoil?
Honestly I only used guns mid-late game when the game forced me to. Why bother "shooting" and "reloading" when you have the option of ARRGH HUAH ARRGH HUAH and facetanking everything?

I showed off the combat simulator to some friends and they were like ":psyduck: how do you even know where you are or what's going on or what you're killing? I'm getting motion sick from this!" Me: CHARGE :black101:

ME2 has the best narrative but goddamn if 3 isn't just about perfect combat-wise.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

But when do you Nova?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

monster on a stick posted:

But when do you Nova?
After charging, as god intended. It's just that I could choose to charge again if I wanted. Also sometimes you'll want to charge twice if you're taking a lot of heat to keep shields up.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

well i'll just be :f5: until the me3 thread then

i didn't figure out nova either so i played my me3 vanguard almost like a me2 vanguard - charge someone who looks safe, apply shotgun and/or [right hook]s to face, rinse and repeat 'till everyone's dead, still incredibly fun tho (but i'll always be a spooky frontline infiltrator at heart)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Gin
Vermouth (dry)
Blue Curacao

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

More like Dead Pirate Roberts

The Drink
Shadow Broke-Her
2 oz gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz blue curacao

Combine ingredients in a shaker, shake well to combine and strain into a martini glass. Yes, it's just a blue martini so if gin ain't your thing use vodka. I guess you could stir it too if you're some kind of goddamn savage. Also I forgot to put instructions on the title card oops. As an aside I'm using a new computer and the previous text isn't an available option so I sci-fi'd it up.

No drinking game this time. If you down a 3 oz martini in less than 30 minutes you won't need a game, trust me.

The Episode
We come face to face with the big man (literally) himself. He's a new species, a Yahg. We never see one again, except a bit of a cameo in 3 which also includes really funny dialogue if you bring certain people along. Shepard being Shepard she solves the conflict through shooting and punching. Then Liara dumps some poo poo from the ceiling on him and boom, no more Broker. And then she puts her spergy tendencies to good use and assumes the mantle, just like her predecessor. If you go back to the Broker's ship to talk to her she doesn't have much to say, just like on Illium. Though occasionally the game hilariously bugs out and she'll stand at her console in a t-pose while you gently caress about. Now we have a new hub to visit with voyeuristic .gifs and later we'll read creepy dossiers on everyone, yay!

Back on the ship we finally get a little action after 2 years but thankfully Bioware decided to skip actually animating it. The little speech Liara gives about you running off to the Omega 4 relay actually changes if you do it post-game, which is a nice touch. Then it's about how you'll run off when the Reapers show up. Also the mean option is very mean, and Liara leaves crying while Shep sits on her bed and stares at the wall. :( I guess take this option if you're going for a maximum rear end in a top hat run - it's available to you even if you don't romance her.

And now that we've had a shag it's time to get back to saving the galaxy by making GBS threads about on personal sidequests.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Shepard really does have to go through an inordinate amount of effort to get laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's true. Everyone makes jokes about how Shepard is a huge horndog but he/she gets laid exactly 3 times over about a 4 year span. Not exactly prolific.

• Locked thread