Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm a little loopy right now from medication but I looked at that again and it seems to make sense, I hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina can't be scum. Hasn't abandoned game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

another reason: cowboys v packers is so one-sided that I am bored

if I get lynched for lying here, I'm okay with that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

GulagDolls posted:

Asiina can't be scum. Hasn't abandoned game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also what is with people saying I haven't done anything when I have given opinions and voted people. Two games in a row, that's a really lazy push.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

maybe, but again he literally just did this in a game as town. why wouldn't you go for chores instead? he hasn't done much either

This is a fair point you make. However my meta for SSV and chores is nonexistent despite having been in several games with them. When chores was bacon bit, I had trouble parsing anything he did ever.

quote:

the thing is though, I could say the exact same thing to you. you went with TM at first, but held the same wishy washy stance of "well you could both be scum".
The wishy washy well you could both be scum is contingent upon the interaction being feigned, which I believe is a possibility.

quote:

there is no momentum whatsoever on TM when you vote him. safe soft bus if you're not planning on keeping your vote there. you also noted here that it was the thinking behind tm's call out was incorrect
Also no momentum on SSV when I vote him. It's more of a day 1 buckshot across the targets I've A. found scummy and B. Stick out more than others IMO

quote:

then you're absent for a while and come back when tm is the vote leader and a likely vote and backpedal pretty hard off of tm and onto me for the same reason
This is phrased in a way that's difficult to refute. My availability here isn't indication for scum/not scum, but I can see why you'd play this angle. Granted TM is still leader with you following behind.

quote:

if it comes down to it I will help vote myself off so d1 isn't worthless cause the nk surely will be useless info-wise

This is just bad. Self-voting is often viewed as town giving up, or town conceding for the sake of credibility, a self-vote would take you closer to lynch, but wouldn't secure it. I feel like this is deadline meandering in an attempt to appear town. I mean I've been there as town and said a self-vote would clear the picture for town, but it's D1 and it really won't. This stance you've taken is not as altruistic as you make it out to be.

Also hope you feel better.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

if I get lynched for lying here, I'm okay with that

The game has turned out pretty decent. It's going to be an upset either way, here in Dallas though... I can feel the butt's clenching all around me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The game has turned out pretty decent. It's going to be an upset either way, here in Dallas though... I can feel the butt's clenching all around me.

I don't even like football or any sports, but yeah, not a bad game. Good plays both teams, and some blunders as well.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

This is just bad. Self-voting is often viewed as town giving up, or town conceding for the sake of credibility, a self-vote would take you closer to lynch, but wouldn't secure it. I feel like this is deadline meandering in an attempt to appear town. I mean I've been there as town and said a self-vote would clear the picture for town, but it's D1 and it really won't. This stance you've taken is not as altruistic as you make it out to be.

it won't solve the game but we're going to be stuck here again tomorrow otherwise, and you'll at least know I was telling the truth vOv

rather that happen than a nolynch at least

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I don't even like football or any sports, but yeah, not a bad game. Good plays both teams, and some blunders as well.

yeah, I'm glad I kept watching

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
AA no offense but your lynch won't really tell us a whole bunch imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Lumpen thinks I'm scum in every single game we've ever been in together.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Asiina is posting I don't think she is scum and if she is then my feelings will be hurt

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA no offense but your lynch won't really tell us a whole bunch imo

Is this sarcasm, or are you misreading me. Definitely not advocating for my lynch, nor do I think it would clear up anything. Are you the scum Moat?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Also what is with people saying I haven't done anything when I have given opinions and voted people. Two games in a row, that's a really lazy push.

Will agree with this.

I'm finding more and more my D1 reads really depend on skimming the day to get an overview of peoples behaviours and posting patterns.
Some people pop up. Some people don't. I think scum tend to stand out a bit more than other players, but again.. D1 so it's a bit of a poo poo show.

You haven't really made yourself 'widely' known in the thread, but what that means remains to be seen.

You are still pinging me a bit for the weird meta "this isn't regular shitposting we see from known shitposter inf" case you tried to pull on me tho
Seriously, what's up with that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Lumpen thinks I'm scum in every single game we've ever been in together.

:ironicat:

Asiina posted:

Always vote Lumpen. I guarantee he is a scum or your money back.

Asiina posted:

Don't wait, vote now!

All this can be yours.for the low low price of your vote*

*plus S&H

Asiina posted:

I guarantee 100% he is scum, do not fear, my friend. I'm just trying to let you in on this deal of a lifetime. While supplies last. Don't wait, take advantage of this opportunity now before it's too late!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Is this sarcasm, or are you misreading me. Definitely not advocating for my lynch, nor do I think it would clear up anything. Are you the scum Moat?

Guess I misread you

Lemme look back

No I am not the scum why are you so hostile this game?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

maybe, but again he literally just did this in a game as town. why wouldn't you go for chores instead? he hasn't done much either

the thing is though, I could say the exact same thing to you. you went with TM at first, but held the same wishy washy stance of "well you could both be scum".

there is no momentum whatsoever on TM when you vote him. safe soft bus if you're not planning on keeping your vote there. you also noted here that it was the thinking behind tm's call out was incorrect

then you're absent for a while and come back when tm is the vote leader and a likely vote and backpedal pretty hard off of tm and onto me for the same reason

so yeah, I could see you both being scum

if it comes down to it I will help vote myself off so d1 isn't worthless cause the nk surely will be useless info-wise

My bad AA. For some reason I attributed this post to you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Guess I misread you

Lemme look back

No I am not the scum why are you so hostile this game?

I'm not hostile man, I'm easy breezy. Just trying to up my mafia game and inquisitor status all at once.

*Steeples fingers*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That was joke phase, this is real phase.

Also I try to get Lumpen lynched because I have him on ignore because I don't like him and it makes the game easier.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

That was joke phase, this is real phase.

The problem I had with the Lumpen votes early on is that he got to -2 super loving quickly. I said it before that I'm all for turbos and not needing to go the full distance of a day, but those votes dogpiled super quick and might be worth a review (After lunch :v:)

quote:

Also I try to get Lumpen lynched because I have him on ignore because I don't like him and it makes the game easier.

*not sure if serious.gif*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Deadline in about 2 hours. Need to reach a consensus on something.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit waiting on a claim from TM, as I feel town would be much more defensive in this position.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Legit waiting on a claim from TM, as I feel town would be much more defensive in this position.

Good point.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

*not sure if serious.gif*

100% true

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

100% true

If you don't mind me asking, since you brought it up and it may affect the game in the long run, what is the source of your beef with Lumpen and would you vote him out just because you don't like him? I mean what if he's useful to town?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lumpen pegged the entire scum team in color mafia

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hence the deep blue comment I made earlier

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Lumpen pegged the entire scum team in color mafia

Double entendres

Fun for the whole family

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

If you don't mind me asking, since you brought it up and it may affect the game in the long run, what is the source of your beef with Lumpen and would you vote him out just because you don't like him? I mean what if he's useful to town?

Lumpen is a poo poo person and I do not like him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is like a late deadline for you yankee doodles yeah?

3pm finish here, when most US games finish around 10-11amish

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah, 11PM. It's pretty standard.

Anyway I'm happy with my vote. I would also vote Poque.

I have no real opinions one way or another on anyone else but could be persuaded I guess.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Lumpen is a poo poo person and I do not like him.

As someone who has been ignored in a game, where I was town and was trying to actively ask questions again a player, I would only ask that you expand his posts and read them for this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

As someone who has been ignored in a game, where I was town and was trying to actively ask questions again a player, I would only ask that you expand his posts and read them for this game.

If we get to the late game together I will consider it, but definitely not for several days.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote stickup

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So my money is TM waiting until the last second to claim cop or doc to avoid a lynch :thumbsup:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
how bout them things

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can we get a role call happening to see how many people are about for deadline?

Cause it's looking like a TM-by-default lynch, or potentially even a no-lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm here but I read TM as more likely Town, and I am not inclined to switch my vote.

• Locked thread