Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hey, guess what else has Auto-Counter? Yep, it's Wabbits.

And yeah, the Wabbit shield is obscenely good. Low defence, but the bonus stats are very nice indeed.

Edit:
Update was at the bottom of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
drat...

I never played this game against AI opponents, so I thought you were exaggerating about the AI cheating. Nope! Steve's absolutely cheating to get all those perfect rolls.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Can't believe Dan said all that racist stuff and then devolved into muttering about genocide.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

CirclMastr posted:

Can't believe Dan said all that racist stuff and then devolved into muttering about genocide.

I haven't watched the update yet but I can believe it. I get the impression this game brings out the absolute worst in people.

Not that that's any excuse for those things that he definitely said for real.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, AI cheats rolls all the time. I'm pretty sure you're never gonna see the Robo-Sassin kill an AI, because they'll "conveniently" always get the right rolls to avoid random encounter spaces.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think Dan and Grace's biggest weakness this game is that they aren't using field magic nearly as much as they need to be. Dan in particular spends a lot of time going to field magic spaces only to just throw away magic. There's a lot of dickery to be had.

That said, at this point it's looking pretty dire. You guys either need to get those two to drop those shields, or you need to somehow steal them. I wouldn't have blamed you if you had gone back to the beginning of the Wabbit event.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cathode Raymond posted:

I haven't watched the update yet but I can believe it. I get the impression this game brings out the absolute worst in people.

Not that that's any excuse for those things that he definitely said for real.

Remember that he was in the USA when he said that. That place brings out the absolute worst in people.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The only solution is to become a Satan.

Stare into the abyss. Become the Darkling.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if I was Grace I'd wait and become the Darkling, then kill Steve & Estelle and take away their Wabbit shields.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Is there a reason nothing happened when she finally landed on that special space?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FAT BATMAN posted:

Is there a reason nothing happened when she finally landed on that special space?

She wasn't officially invited yet.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, if I was Grace I'd wait and become the Darkling, then kill Steve & Estelle and take away their Wabbit shields.
At that point neither Dan nor Grace really know how that mechanic works. Also Estelle was a jerk and skipped through all the text to hide the explanation. For all they know the AI might take over a character while they are Darklings.

I really wish that was the case now. Grace sells his videogame soul to kill the AIs but in doing so, he becomes one of them and only dunks on Dan.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I doubt the game would take control. That wouldn't be dickish, just lame.

e: I mean I never actually saw a player go Darkling, only AI, so technically I wouldn't know how it works. Also the only reason I feel comfortable talking about this is I know D&G already played for many weeks beyond this point.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 14, 2017

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

She wasn't officially invited yet.

That's..that's ridiculous. I get the random encounter not showing up unless you've been last place for two weeks in a row, but I figured if you've been last place for two weeks in a row you could land on that spot for a guaranteed encounter and contract. And Grace doesn't even get a message to come back with a contract or anything!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FAT BATMAN posted:

That's..that's ridiculous. I get the random encounter not showing up unless you've been last place for two weeks in a row, but I figured if you've been last place for two weeks in a row you could land on that spot for a guaranteed encounter and contract. And Grace doesn't even get a message to come back with a contract or anything!

The contract isn't the invitation.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

At the start of the turn before you roll or land on anything or even if you're in combat if you can access satan-powers you get a message like "your heart is engulfed with the whispers of dark revenge" and you get a demon-bat over your shoulder. The actual contract-item just lets you do it no matter how far from the satan circle you are.

It happened to the AI also, but they have a tendency to go through text superfast just so new players can't figure out what's going on, which is pretty petty even for this game.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 14, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

cant cook creole bream posted:

Remember that he was in the USA when he said that. That place brings out the absolute worst in people.
It was built over thousands of American Indian burial grounds.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 15, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So, are you going to add links to the newest videos to the OP so people who're behind won't have to comb through the entire thread to find them? :v:
Yes, yes, 'only five pages', but still.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So, are you going to add links to the newest videos to the OP so people who're behind won't have to comb through the entire thread to find them? :v:
Yes, yes, 'only five pages', but still.

Updated, I'm the WORST at remembering to do that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord how much abject despair are you in for?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

drat...

I never played this game against AI opponents, so I thought you were exaggerating about the AI cheating. Nope! Steve's absolutely cheating to get all those perfect rolls.
The odds of rolling exactly 20 on 5d6 are about 8.4%. No cheating required.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Glazius posted:

Good lord how much abject despair are you in for?

Infinite.

Such is Dokapon.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
The computer cheating and being super dickish is really funny to a point. However when the computer cheats like Steve here and just moves way past everyone it's not as funny anymore. There should be some kind of ruberbanding for the computers cheating so they don't just cheat way far ahead of everyone.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I did enjoy how the AI also made a silent peace pact until they both got so far ahead of you two, that they are fighting each other now.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nyagato posted:

The computer cheating and being super dickish is really funny to a point. However when the computer cheats like Steve here and just moves way past everyone it's not as funny anymore. There should be some kind of ruberbanding for the computers cheating so they don't just cheat way far ahead of everyone.
There's no evidence of any cheating in any of these videos so far. This is exactly what real randomness looks like: it's streaky and it's unfair.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know for a fact the AI cheats in one specific circumstance at least, but that involves a field spell we haven't seen yet.

Oh, and also in Roshambo they actually don't cheat. At all.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 7 - Secret Hairstyle

Steve starts blatantly mocking us and frankly he can get hosed. Also for whatever reason Grace just starts constantly hammering the skip message button. If he hadn't, you would have seen that if you lose to Rochambus while you're in debt, he'll just wipe out your debt for you. Dokapon is chaos.

There's also uh, foreshadowing in this episode that we sorta gloss over. Prepare yourself.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I know for a fact the AI cheats in one specific circumstance at least, but that involves a field spell we haven't seen yet.

Oh, and also in Roshambo they actually don't cheat. At all.

Well, autocounter for strikes sure seems like cheating.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
And of course, Grace almost certainly isn't going to realise they can now sell their soul. :allears:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well, autocounter for strikes sure seems like cheating.

Eh, this I can "forgive", since it would be lame if you could just strike down special characters. But there's one instance at least where they cheat worse.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Danaru posted:

Steve starts blatantly mocking us and frankly he can get hosed. Also for whatever reason Grace just starts constantly hammering the skip message button. If he hadn't, you would have seen that if you lose to Rochambus while you're in debt, he'll just wipe out your debt for you. Dokapon is chaos.
Ironically, that doesn't change the optimal strategy for playing against Roche at all. Rock-paper-scissors is a deep and nuanced game.

That's a pretty smart and funny catchup mechanic, actually.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 18, 2017

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I think I've seen that mayor's face somewhere... oh

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how instead of a haircut, Dr. Moron got a rabbit hood.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Eh, I really felt Wheel-Spinning Simulator 2007 was more of a glorified roster update.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Church dog is good dog :buddy:

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

FractalSandwich posted:

There's no evidence of any cheating in any of these videos so far. This is exactly what real randomness looks like: it's streaky and it's unfair.
Yeah, the game actually doesn't seem to cheat much from me playing it with an emulator and savescumming. Certain enemies have auto-counter, which I guess is kind of cheating if you don't know about it, but that's about it. The AI always does the same move (except for auto-counters) no matter which one you pick, including in the Rock Paper Scissors minigames. Turn order really is two cards just as displayed. Spamming vanish during a Darkling attack or whatever works as well for players as it does for NPCs (which is to say, extremely well).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The biggest difference between players and the AI is that the AI always has a perfect understanding of the game mechanics and rules and will ruthlessly exploit them in order to ensure they can get ahead, while players might spend months between Dokapon sessions and forget whatever they already learned.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

JT Jag posted:

The biggest difference between players and the AI is that the AI always has a perfect understanding of the game mechanics and rules and will ruthlessly exploit them in order to ensure they can get ahead, while players might spend months between Dokapon sessions and forget whatever they already learned.
That's pretty important, yeah. Steve is pursuing an actual strategy instead of milling around like an idiot, has access to more information than a first-time player, and doesn't make stupid mistakes like a human.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 8 - Solo Wing Grace

Dokapon Week 1:

"I can't wait to go on a wacky party game/RPG adventure!

Dokapon Week 19:

[img]http://lpix.org/2668381/tumblr_mzpsir5BHM1r9waklo5_1280[1].jpg[/img]

Witness the tragedy of me not actually knowing what's so great about the wabbit shields after defeating Estelle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The one time I saw Global Assault, I was in the lead with 10+ towns. :argh:

For (far) future Satan-romps, remember that Item Stopper is your friend since it stops people from perma-vanishing.

• Locked thread