Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/xrd_evilfox/status/829747763273428992

good use of 100 meter imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sadly the flashiest and most original leo tech in existence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the mind games...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a ds game right? Is it cool?

the only GG spinoff game worth caring about is overture & maybe isuka for the novelty/dope soundtrack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

angel opportunity thank you for the millia advice. It seems so simple but the idea of fishing for 6P while having the pin loaded has totally changed how I play. Well more specifically how I jump, I never realized how scared people are when I'm not just dumping the pin left and right at first opportunity.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

sadly the flashiest and most original leo tech in existence

Not entirely true. There;'s a bunch of tech I never see US Leos using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

Hell, even in that video he's using the awful Zwei crossup oki, and not the hilariously hard to block heavy fireball YRC shenanagins.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

More Rev 2 notes

Phew, thanks Arcsys. I was having a lot of fun playing Raven, enough that I was coming close to playing Xrd more often than at weekly locals. That's a worry off my chest.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Spuckuk posted:

Not entirely true. There;'s a bunch of tech I never see US Leos using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

Hell, even in that video he's using the awful Zwei crossup oki, and not the hilariously hard to block heavy fireball YRC shenanagins.

link fuckedu p

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The millia changes sound fun. I wonder what the new bad moon move looks like and what kind of height you need to be at

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

easy countetech i've throroughly explored - 6p,6p,p6,6p,5p,6p

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

quote:

6H point blank blind spot removed.
Hammerfall moves faster and can be canceled into break later.
Hammerfall break no longer activates proxy guard, break is no longer CH during startup/recovery.
ICPM does more damage on OTG.

No proxy guard sounds like a potential problem, but otherwise that's some really good stuff. If that fixes the ongoing hammerfall swing "bug" that'll be worth it alone. I just wonder if that means it has farther max travel distance or it only travels the same distance but faster. Or if it means that instant hammerbreak moves a bit farther than before, that would be a big deal.

Oh Raven lol

quote:

Kokosare no longer absorbs unblockable attacks.
Yeah I'll take it.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 10, 2017

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

every char, even the ones that got nerfed, received at least one change that's interesting and gives them a new thing to play with

except haehuyn, who gets to do stuff he already did a bit easier and that's it. I'm not really mad, just confused.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Chipp also got no interesting changes

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

darealkooky posted:

except haehuyn, who gets to do stuff he already did a bit easier and that's it. I'm not really mad, just confused.

I wonder what the knockback change to the unblockable will do, if anything. I was originally thinking it probably meant you get a better bounce in the corner so you can do a better free combo, but it says 'farther' so uhh.. who knows? Maybe it's worse even.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
those pot changes look p good imo, the 6h having that little spot missing point blank has driven me crazy for like a decade lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

darealkooky posted:

every char, even the ones that got nerfed, received at least one change that's interesting and gives them a new thing to play with

haehyun probably gets the most common complaints of "i want to play this character but their basic poo poo is too hard", she's so awkward id rather play zato i think lol

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the overall changes to Pote this time look pretty solid, assuming they stick anyway. The hammerfall speed change could be a real game-changer depending on how fast it is and how much (if any) it effects instant breaks. Charged FDB is still a mystery but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun and also a huge fix to his problem with YRCs owning him for free.

Haey's really not that hard to play, but I certainly won't complain about making that awkward rear end motion a bit easier to do.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Chipp also got no interesting changes

what about the shuriken stuff?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I wonder what the knockback change to the unblockable will do, if anything. I was originally thinking it probably meant you get a better bounce in the corner so you can do a better free combo, but it says 'farther' so uhh.. who knows? Maybe it's worse even.

I would assume it means they "travel farther" aka they move closer to midscreen so you have more time to set up the right spacing to actually get a followup. If it does mean it's nerfed then lol just lol b/c that means this character of all people gets a notable nerf in each revision of the game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah the overall changes to Pote this time look pretty solid, assuming they stick anyway. The hammerfall speed change could be a real game-changer depending on how fast it is and how much (if any) it effects instant breaks. Charged FDB is still a mystery but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun and also a huge fix to his problem with YRCs owning him for free.

Haey's really not that hard to play, but I certainly won't complain about making that awkward rear end motion a bit easier to do.

oh yeah i dont think if you put time into her shed be easier than most other characters, but picking her up and trying to get some sort of momentum going is like an instant brick wall and then it seems pretty smooth after that, comparative to most other characters who have a steadier difficulty curve

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Especially if you try playing online and doing all those links :buddy:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

darealkooky posted:

what about the shuriken stuff?

I would assume it means they "travel farther" aka they move closer to midscreen so you have more time to set up the right spacing to actually get a followup. If it does mean it's nerfed then lol just lol b/c that means this character of all people gets a notable nerf in each revision of the game.

Shuriken becoming a projectile is a nerf since it will be affected by things like FDB/drunkard shade/aegis field and fail to pass through trishula etc. Damage buff is laughable if it's like the first test where it did single digit damage

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

quote:

Raieisageki command changed to 623K.
Rashousen no longer comes out if an up input is included in the command.
Haitaka command changed to 214H.

Hm, new inputs all over the place.

I was just introduced to the concept of YOLO raiei'ing all over the place a few days ago and making it a DP input kinda seems to encourage that a little more. I mean it's possible to do it with the old input too obvs, just spiritually to me the DP motion implies YOLO moves.

Not entirely sure what the deal is with the Rash thing, can't think of times I accidentally threw it out. I originally misread it as Haitaka and thought that it was to keep it from accidentally coming out if you gently caress up the 6321472H TK bomber, but a) I'm an idiot and that wasn't it and b) that's not gonna happen anyways with the new input in the next line.

New Sparrowhawk input makes it more convenient to combo into it. I'm down.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 10, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You get the command grab when you do 2369874123 method (aka SPIN THE FUCKIN STICK) which is easier to do imo, especially from 2s.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
drat I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm gonna try it. I'm more consistent with the backwards spin input for TK Bomber but I get better spacing with 96323 so I've been trying to do that. Maybe that's the best of both worlds.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
btw doesnt the increase in air throw untech time mean he can do legit combos off that poo poo with rc? he sorta could before depending on height iirc.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmbo poor slayer

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

do japanese players really hate Slayer or something?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You say that like they nerfed Slayer.

Slayer is fine, not surprised he's not getting huge buffs because they've already made him a whole lot better since Sign 1.0. He's never going to be high tier unless he's completely busted, it's just the nature of the character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

do japanese players really hate Slayer or something?

There's just a lot of built up ill will there after all that happened.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
they have to be careful with slayer because things can get out of control with his design quickly.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I don't understand why Slayer has to be the dude locked behind 50% meter (or a counter hit off a "bad" special or an anti-air that no one is going to give you) in order to do anything at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

I don't understand why Slayer has to be the dude locked behind 50% meter (or a counter hit off a "bad" special or an anti-air that no one is going to give you) in order to do anything at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEZSmPDdDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCMzaM3p-g

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

so dandy....

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh man it would be just awful if slayer was still like this just the worst

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

so dandy....

Crow, I said I'd play you in +R sometime and I still mean to. You up this weekend?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Crow, I said I'd play you in +R sometime and I still mean to. You up this weekend?

i'm up for tomorrow or sunday, you'll have to see my fraudulent testament tho

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipKrMhMiDM

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maybe nerfing his hitboxes, frame data, air dash, counter hits, mixups and supers without compensating him in any way was going too far?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
lol it's such a pet peeve of mine when people who are really bad at fighting games have memorized tier lists and act like the tier lists matter AT ALL at their level of play. I'm not actually trying to call anyone out here, but in my local scene we have a dude who is easily the worst player in our scene talking about how he's gonna drop Raven because of the upcoming nerfs. He's always talking about how x or y matchup is 6-4, as if that has any bearing on his play.

Unless you're already among the top level, a better player with a "lovely" character in this game is going to consistently destroy you no matter how bad the matchup is for the characters involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

angel opportunity posted:

lol it's such a pet peeve of mine when people who are really bad at fighting games have memorized tier lists and act like the tier lists matter AT ALL at their level of play. I'm not actually trying to call anyone out here, but in my local scene we have a dude who is easily the worst player in our scene talking about how he's gonna drop Raven because of the upcoming nerfs. He's always talking about how x or y matchup is 6-4, as if that has any bearing on his play.

Unless you're already among the top level, a better player with a "lovely" character in this game is going to consistently destroy you no matter how bad the matchup is for the characters involved.

kinda agree but if you're really bad a 6-4 matchup can be like a 9-1 so I can see his view on this as well

I don't think anyone wants to pick the character that has the nerf stick aimed at them

• Locked thread