Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No I voted :siren: COMMUNIST :siren: on the back of him saying "non-town" which is a very Scum thing to say D1, because it assumes everybody else has to be Town or a 3P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look at the votecount, it's right there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

On my phone at work, but I don't recall Tommunist or Infi voting for each other. For a slap fight it's very polite.

I think this is a pretty big mis-characterization of what's going on with them.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Tommunist posted:

Im gonna be honest i only checked the player list after id made the post

The posts where you vote and then say oops not in the game have the same timestamp. So in less than a minute you checked the player list and then claimed you made a mistake. I don't think that's likely so you're probably lying.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Science of Suck posted:

The posts where you vote and then say oops not in the game have the same timestamp. So in less than a minute you checked the player list and then claimed you made a mistake. I don't think that's likely so you're probably lying.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't like this post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Though it also has that "new player" smell about it. Is SoS new(ish?)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would vote tomm, stickup or jedit

The first two for obvious reasons the last because he has now twice mischaracterized

First wrt my interaction with mmt and now with the slapfight between infinitum and tomm

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I assumed SoS was new

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Max posted:

I had to check the list to make sure that they were in the game. I haven't seen them before, unless they're a renamed account (stop loving doing that you bastards).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Orange
American beauty
##vote kashuno

Tommunist posted:

Oh hes not in this game

I believe in sourcing the quotes, these are the ones in question.

You are on point about his casual reaction seeming too lowkey to be coming from a town perspective. I have a problem with the timestamp reasoning specifically because I've made those mistakes before and make lots of followup posts since I tend to post first and think immediately after. That at least seems believable, and because it's just funny to vote for Kash.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Max posted:

I haven't played in about two years but don't let that stop you. What don't you like about that post?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I haven't played in about two years but don't let that stop you. What don't you like about that post?

Just answered it above you. I just don't see why scum would lie about accidentally voting for someone who is not in the game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've played with SoS before and that would mean at least a year old.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

HOWEVER, the argument could be made that voting for someone not in the game is some weaksauce BS when the question seemed pointed towards players who are actually in this one (which even Diq is guilty of.)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

HOWEVER, the argument could be made that voting for someone not in the game is some weaksauce BS when the question seemed pointed towards players who are actually in this one (which even Diq is guilty of.)

Huh?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Maybe I need my coffee (trying to reset the caffeine power so not drinking it) but I'm failing to parse that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It wasn't a well worded statement, sorry. I mean your three part question. Some people chose to say that their favorite person to vote was someone not in the game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

It wasn't a well worded statement, sorry. I mean your three part question. Some people chose to say that their favorite person to vote was someone not in the game.

Ah, well, that is how I'd interpret what Tomm did. Looking at the SoS push on Tomm it looks like it's very forced. Too casual? Even I, the asker, listed someone nowhere near this game. Answering in ##vote form is as valid as anything. I took the approach initially as a jumpstart maneuver I would employ myself but it seems sincere now and he's scummy for it. ##vote SoS

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok after reading I beleive ##vote stickup to be the correct vote, would also vote for sos

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok after reading I beleive ##vote stickup to be the correct vote, would also vote for sos

why?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

because you are scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

because you are scum

did you decide this because I was tied at 3 votes with tommunist or was it entirely arbitrary

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

this is a stickup posted:

did you decide this because I was tied at 3 votes with tommunist or was it entirely arbitrary

I decided this because you are scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I decided this because you are scum.

Seriously

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a solid argument

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let's just say I have reasons. and they are ones you would not be able to comprehend with your tiny human brain.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Let's just say I have reasons. and they are ones you would not be able to comprehend with your tiny human brain.

Hmm, I see, so you aren't human.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
as a human passenger, this alarms me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Hmm, I see, so you aren't human.

I am an evolved human from the year 20XX

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

You're really stretching in your reasoning and trying to justify what is a terrible vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So before I go back and read 9 pages of game, is anything in this thread real or is it just garbage shitposting meta nonsense?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
read cpigs case on me at least. probably the realest things that have happened are the recent looks at jedit and sos

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

So before I go back and read 9 pages of game, is anything in this thread real or is it just garbage shitposting meta nonsense?

There's some actual stuff to read.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

this is a stickup posted:

read cpigs case on me at least. probably the realest things that have happened are the recent looks at jedit and sos

It would be voteable if it were anyone other than Pig but that's basically his MO

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Some quick bookkeeping: I'm here for like 15 minutes, then out for like two hours, and then should be back from then until deadline.

You look like you're trying too hard to appear casual
##vote Tommunist
---

I think SoS's suspicion of Tommunist is fake. ##vote SoS

SoS - what is it about making a mistake naming someone and immediately correcting it that you think is scummy?

Diqnol posted:

I've reread the interactions between these two three times now and it still screams extra.

##vote this is a stickup

What was it in those interactions that made you land on stickup? I say this as someone who can never read him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I actually agree with MMT here. SoS comes out of the gate with what is essentially a gut read "I think you're trying too hard to seem casual." and then tries to justify his gut read by saying that Tommunist faked accidentally picking someone who's not in the game for his favorite player to vote.

I'd expect a town player under pressure to be honest and say that it was a gut read, rather than get so self-conscious about their vote that they come up with an even worse argument.

##vote SoS

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Tommunist posted:

You're really stretching in your reasoning and trying to justify what is a terrible vote.

I'm gonna put my vote where my mouth is

##vote SoS

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I think SoS's suspicion of Tommunist is fake. ##vote SoS

SoS - what is it about making a mistake naming someone and immediately correcting it that you think is scummy?

I can go with that. I usually only check the list when the game is fast moving to make sure I haven't just enabled a turbo or hammered, but it's something I can see Tomm doing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Where are AA, Retro and chores? They haven't voted anyone. (Asiina too, but Asiina has checked in.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm like five posts above you settle down

• Locked thread