Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
steam is saying I can install the game, is the full game out is it just the beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

CottonWolf posted:

I am sorry, but Geralt does not get friendzoned by anyone.

But seriously, I agree with the Patrick Rossfuss is a hack criticism. I could not force myself through Wise Man's Fear.

Doesn't he get friendzoned by Shani, the closest one to being a pixie dream girl in the witcher games? I'm pretty sure he does.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Kurtofan posted:

steam is saying I can install the game, is the full game out is it just the beta?

Okay, you see that big rear end box on the page that's titled "Early Access Game"? I think that might contain the information you are looking for.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wait a second did he write the witcher

Lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Stroth posted:

Okay, you see that big rear end box on the page that's titled "Early Access Game"? I think that might contain the information you are looking for.

There's no such thing on the library page.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I am sorry, but Geralt does not get friendzoned by anyone.

shani... :sigh:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Does anyone think this will be good?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

nerdz posted:

Doesn't he get friendzoned by Shani, the closest one to being a pixie dream girl in the witcher games? I'm pretty sure he does.

You got me!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Hoping? Yes.

Actually think it will be ? No.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
There's a variable that's MAX_PARTY_SIZE = (whatever #,) I can't believe it's just a variable. Like someone posted earlier though, if you messed with this number the game might just freak out and crash if you add too many people or not show them on the UI or whatever. I'll mess with it and see what happens!

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

the me that backed it on kickstarter on announcement four years ago or whatever did but current bitter jaded me believes this game's legacy, is pain

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Airfoil posted:

In case the global unlock time was unclear...

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/836305565919793152

loving awesome, I'll be able to install it right after I get back from work! :perfect:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yes.

And Rothfuss is a hack, and I hate his books, but the only thing he wrote for this is one companion, who seems perfectly okay written.

You can also ignore her, or just give her to slavers, so it's not like you're shackled to her if you don't like her. :shrug:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Captain Oblivious posted:

So Matkina really is just straight up Murder Hobo then? :v:

I can respect that.

She's a Beautiful Assassin With a Dark Secret Who Has a Heartless, Cold Exterior Because She was Hurt in the Past and Doesn't Want To Be Vulnerable. There may be more to it, but that's what I got so far.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Despite the gripes mentioned above, I really enjoyed the first third of it, so I'm hoping the rest will continue to be enjoyable.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Okay, who is Patrick Rothfuss and why should I care about him?

I have no skin in this particular game since I can take or leave the guy, but I should point out that non-goon opinion of him is that he's a pretty good writer, in general.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
His books are a shittier version of Stranger In A Strange Land which is already garbage for pervy old dudes but normies love it.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

CottonWolf posted:

I was thinking of taking Trained Without Armour and Hedge Magic as a Jack. Bad move?

I went with the same build and it's worked out fine. I haven't used Hedge Magic very often (my party members have Smashing and Quick Fingers covered), so I wouldn't feel like it's a must-have.

CottonWolf posted:

That vindicates my plans to run with Rhin, Erritis and Aligern the first time through.

I honed in on this group straight away, yeah.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I just downloaded this and fired it up straight away, it doesn't seem to be locked for me.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Same here. There doesn't appear to be any 'BETA' that I can see, I did not try it before today. Is there some easy method to tell if it is full or beta?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I have a Mac. The game isn't released yet for me, but shows up in my list of PC Steam games. So I'd say you're looking at the early access version still.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Yeah, it's the early access version, which covers the same ground as the last beta. The full version shouldn't unlock until tomorrow.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Alright gently caress it I'll give this a go.

If I try to roll as a Nano with mind reading abilities and everything in Intellect, Talky Man Skills, and Lore type stuff will I do alright? Thinking of rolling with Team Ethically Dubious (Callistege, Murder Woman, Lando Calrissian) to get away from my normal good guy habits.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Backed the KS way back when, haven't touched the early access/beta, unironically looking forward to getting my obtuse mechanics and painfully overwrought writing on. :dance:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Alright gently caress it I'll give this a go.

If I try to roll as a Nano with mind reading abilities and everything in Intellect, Talky Man Skills, and Lore type stuff will I do alright? Thinking of rolling with Team Ethically Dubious (Callistege, Murder Woman, Lando Calrissian) to get away from my normal good guy habits.

You'll do just fine. Lando is mostly skilled in speech so you might wanna consider Erritus instead- I'm pretty sure he's ethically dubious af as long as he's having fun.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

neongrey posted:

Backed the KS way back when, haven't touched the early access/beta, unironically looking forward to getting my obtuse mechanics and painfully overwrought writing on. :dance:
Same, but ironically

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cheston posted:

You'll do just fine. Lando is mostly skilled in speech so you might wanna consider Erritus instead- I'm pretty sure he's ethically dubious af as long as he's having fun.

Fair enough.

Also it seems bizarre to me that almost every loving Companion in the game is Red Tide aligned :psyduck:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Holy poo poo this is actually coming out! tomorrow! :snoop:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Take out the moral ambiguity and that's basically my character. (I hit that gold tide so hard it keeps overwhelming the blue.) Works fine, just don't pick options that rely on punching people.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Do we know what time it launches at?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Midnight pacific, going by Fargo's tweet.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Excellent, looking forward to a maximum sociopath pragmatist run first time round. Can save the good guy stuff for later.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Vhak lord of hate posted:

His books are a shittier version of Stranger In A Strange Land which is already garbage for pervy old dudes but normies love it.

Thank god, I've never heard anybody say "Stranger in a Strange Land sucks" out loud before. But you did, and it does

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Haroshia posted:

Which character is the pixie free spirit?

Auri. (I think I spelled that correctly.) The one who lives in the sewer and may be magic or may be crazy. Or both.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they had the time and resources to make an amazing sequel to torment and instead they made a decent one and a lovely sequel to wasteland.

chris avellone should be loving ashamed he has so little to do with the successor to the game that put his name on the map.

and of course the only semi-interesting sounding companion is written by the worst writer in their whole loving group.

what a waste of a cool setting and ideas. if the original game had been a kickstarter mess like this I doubt it would be anywhere close to as fondly remembered.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The idea of making a sequel to Planescape Torment is intrinsically loving terrible tho

I cannot think of a story less suitable to a sequel.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hmm, I think if I install the early access version it should just update when the release hits?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I wouldn't really call Numenara a "cool setting", definitely not compared to Planescape. Personally I find the sci-fi elements to be tacky and the art style as shown to be incredibly ugly. But different strokes, etc

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Diogines posted:

Do we know what time it launches at?

GOG has a big rear end timer up on their front page.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wouldn't really call Numenara a "cool setting", definitely not compared to Planescape. Personally I find the sci-fi elements to be tacky and the art style as shown to be incredibly ugly. But different strokes, etc

I love science-fantasy as a rule so it's pretty much catering to a well established love of mine from the get go.

I can agree on the art style conditionally though. In game stuff looks fine but woof those portraits...they are not good.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Basic Chunnel posted:

Monte Cook's Numenera, presented to you by Monte Cook, is Monte Cook's cargo-cult stone soup of tropes from Gene Wolfe and Jack Vance conceived without any understanding of their appeal or mystery, slapped on top of a half-assed pseudo story-game with broken mechanics. That said, I am cautiously optimistic about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

funkymonks posted:

Auri. (I think I spelled that correctly.) The one who lives in the sewer and may be magic or may be crazy. Or both.

Ruri doesn't live in a sewer, and she's a small abandoned girl with a head wound whose ability is she can talk to small "gods". I think it's a testament to the setting though that your description is utterly non-descriptive. Pretty much everything could be explained as "possibly magic, possibly brain damage, possibly both."

• Locked thread