Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Man, this episode hit really close to home.

What's this got to do with the German navy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

sumimasen sumimasen sumimasen sumimasen

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Is it me or is the voice acting in this show really good?

I don't really watch an absurd amounts of anime, but for some reason with this one I actually take notice and go 'Wow, that's a very good comedy reading, the emotion and timing and pitch everything is on point'.

Also, why am I not surprised that Axis cult is basically a pyramid scheme...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Comrade Kirov posted:

Is it me or is the voice acting in this show really good?

I don't really watch an absurd amounts of anime, but for some reason with this one I actually take notice and go 'Wow, that's a very good comedy reading, the emotion and timing and pitch everything is on point'.

Also, why am I not surprised that Axis cult is basically a pyramid scheme...

The voice acting has carried the show since ep1s1. Not just the actors, but whoever is directing it just absolutely nails it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Aqua: Goddess of pop-up ads. Pray now, my lord.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Darkness is the best and they keep finding creative new ways to make her shtick better.

"Hey, Kazuma... why don't we all just move to this town?"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The voice acting has carried the show since ep1s1. Not just the actors, but whoever is directing it just absolutely nails it.

100% true. I was sold on the montage then Kazuma screaming "This is all wrong!" or something like that at the end of the first episode.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

a kitten posted:

I somehow just learned that he's also along for the falling bit.

I just realized the reason Megumin casts explosion during that segment is to create an updraft that Aqua then takes advantage of.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, reason? for casting explosion? such a thing is unnecessary.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Speaking of explosions, this whole town is in dire need of one. I'm not surprised Aqua's aptly named religion reeks of being a scam. Just pay 1000 gold to join and for every other person you sign up you get to keep 50 and send the rest to whoever recruited you?

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 2, 2017

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uh, reason? for casting explosion? such a thing is unnecessary.

Explosion does need a reason to be cast. It just happens that any reason is adequate.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah p much every encounter Kazuma and Darkness had in town was a stereotypical cult/MLM recruitment hook, if I'm not mistaken.

It owned.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also guys I'm feeling worse and worse for Yunyun. :smith:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

Darkness is the best and they keep finding creative new ways to make her shtick better.

"Hey, Kazuma... why don't we all just move to this town?"

I like how Darkness's initial intervention was simply trying to deal with the whole mess, and as it went along it became less and less "Help my friend Kazuma be done with this bullshit" and more and more "Yes! Belittle me more!"

I assumed back in first season that Darkness's turboperv shtick would get old, but not really. Or at least, more in the style of fine wine than milk.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Should have been the first town destroyed by the Demon King.

Megumin, do the needful

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Same. :smith:

But at least Verdia seems happy. :unsmith:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kazuma throwing Darkness killed me.

Darkness' gushing being cut off by her head smashing into the ground killed me again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Argas posted:

I just realized the reason Megumin casts explosion during that segment is to create an updraft that Aqua then takes advantage of.

It was just that time of the day

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only thing better then the OP is the ending credits scene as there is something just so charming about it all.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

paragon1 posted:

Don't, stop. This is what she wants

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

The only thing better then the OP is the ending credits scene as there is something just so charming about it all.

the lyrics of the ed are very :3:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Holy poo poo that loving bone.

I'm dead. I am no longer living.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kibibit posted:

Holy poo poo that loving bone.

I'm dead. I am no longer living.

Be sure to say hi to Eris for me, and don't point out her padding. That's mean and she doesn't deserve people being mean to her.

Be mean to Aqua instead, she's very bullyable.

Talking about bullying, Yunyun is pretty impressive on how hard she's being bullied entirely by accident. That takes some serious skill in being a bullying victim.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Be sure to say hi to Eris for me, and don't point out her padding. That's mean and she doesn't deserve people being mean to her.

Be mean to Aqua instead, she's very bullyable.

Talking about bullying, Yunyun is pretty impressive on how hard she's being bullied entirely by accident. That takes some serious skill in being a bullying victim.

social anxiety is a crash course in bullying yourself

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hunt11 posted:

Are the ending credits in a different dialect/regional accent? It has such a laid-back, twangy quality to it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

There Bias Two posted:

Are the ending credits in a different dialect/regional accent?

Yep.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Even though I could tell ahead of time exactly what beats were going to happen in the final scene, it was so well executed I couldn't stop laughing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
So has Aqua stumbled into fawning acclaim that's gone straight to her head or has she been arrested? Place your bets!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God's Blessing of These Wonderful Idiots

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:sherman:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Show good

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005

Hace posted:

Show good

There's just nothing more to say. <- Except that.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I can't believe they extended the gag for the entire 2nd half of the episode

I can't believe that the jokes started strong and kept getting better

I don't know what to believe anymore

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

paragon1 posted:

Yunyun was doomed when she was born the only non-chuuni in her village's history. The rest of her life has just been the extended punchline to that initial joke.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I think this is my favorite episode in the series so far. I've been really wanting to see some Axis members ever since it was mentioned how weird they were early in season 1, and it was totally worth the wait.

Also even I'm kinda surprised that Darkness' schtick isn't getting old by now, but somehow it keeps getting better.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Jabarto posted:

I think this is my favorite episode in the series so far. I've been really wanting to see some Axis members ever since it was mentioned how weird they were early in season 1, and it was totally worth the wait.

Also even I'm kinda surprised that Darkness' schtick isn't getting old by now, but somehow it keeps getting better.

I agree with this post. My favorite episode so far. There's so many great moments in it. I think my two favorite scenes are Kazuma's "YES!" pose after Darkness took a faceplant after he threw her, and the extreme horse drifting action.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hace posted:

Show good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Sandman posted:

Yunyun was doomed when she was born the only non-chuuni in her village's history. The rest of her life has just been the extended punchline to that initial joke.

Shes still pretty drat chuuni

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

el dorito posted:

I can't believe they extended the gag for the entire 2nd half of the episode

I can't believe that the jokes started strong and kept getting better

I don't know what to believe anymore
Believe in Darkness.

https://jii.moe/HJlQyKrqg.webm

https://jii.moe/ry6nWtB9e.webm

https://jii.moe/ByexmkFS5x.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Her being cut off when she landed was funny enough, but the loving sound effects of the birds jumping over her are what really clinched this scene for me.